IMPORTANT!!!: End of 3rd Cultural Era consultation

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Re: IMPORTANT!!!: End of 3rd Cultural Era consultation

Postby Aquinas » Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:46 pm

Thank you everybody for your feedback. It is time to make some announcements.

The Cultural Protocols of Aldegar, Indrala, Kalistan and Malivia will continue into the next Cultural Era.

Barmenia is being set to Culturally Open. We had concerns about the accessibility of the Cultural Protocol, and also about the very low player numbers there - a situation which has been ongoing for a long time.

Dankuk is being set to Culturally Open, since this is the second time in a row Dankuk has been a candidate, player numbers have been low and a player there has requested for it to be set to Open.

We are still considering what to do with Egelion and Keymon, so please give us your feedback on those.
Aquinas

Postby Lucca » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:10 am

About Egelion - I'm afraid I've never played there, but I feel we need a Spanish nation somewhere, please.
It's a quite active nation with plenty of players, enjoying its existing culture.

Plus, there had been a controversy a few months ago regarding players complaining that there weren't enough Spanish nations.
So, it feels to me like it would be counterproductive if we were to give up our very last one, after both Baltusia and Gaduridos have already been Opened.
There are quite a few Culturally Open nations; against the backdrop of which, if we were to reduce the number of officially Spanish nations from one to zero.... :(

Admittedly, Keris (which is otherwise Eastern European flavoured) might indeed not be the ideal geographical place for one -- but, it's the hand we've been dealt; and I feel that keeping it would be the least disruptive.
Somewhere in Seleya (which tends to be generally a Romance Europe flavoured continent on average) might provide more large-scale coherence -- perhaps Baltusia and/or Gaduridos might like to reinstate theirs in the coming months? Although that's not the question before us today. :oops:
Lucca

Postby jamescfm » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:58 pm

Lucca wrote:About Egelion - I'm afraid I've never played there, but I feel we need a Spanish nation somewhere, please.
It's a quite active nation with plenty of players, enjoying its existing culture.

This is a valid point. Within Kalistan's CP's and presumably others too, 'Egelian' is the IG equivalent of the Spanish language. I intend to develop the Spanish sub-culture within Kalistan over time but I still feel Egelion is important as a Spanish nation.
jamescfm

Postby Aquinas » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:59 pm

Thank you again for your feedback, everybody. Our final decision is to allow the Cultural Protocols of Egelion and Keymon to continue into the next Cultural Era.

To summarise the decisions...

All of the 3 new Cultural Protocols (Kalistan, Keymon & Malivia) are being allowed to continue.

Of the unaffirmed Cultural Protocols, Barmenia and Dankuk are being set aside, whilst Aldegar, Egelion and Indrala are being allowed to continue.

This means Particracy now has 36 Culturally Protected nations and 22 Culturally Open ones.

We are now in Particracy's fourth Cultural Era, which will come to a close on game server time 00:00, May 1st 2017.

Remember that if a Cultural Protocol is important to you and you want to guarantee it continues beyond May, you are advised to get your affirmation in as soon as you reasonably can.
Aquinas

Previous

Return to General