Ministry duties

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Ministry duties

Postby ThaGreenKronic » Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:31 am

I hold several positions on my nations cabinet such as Ministry of defence and justice.

The options available to me (such as manage courts and prisons) aren't actually clickable links. So I have 2 questions.

1. Do I RP these features? Say, If think there should be a change in the court system, how do I do this?
2. Do actions described under these roles require me to make a RP bill and have a vote? Or, do these roles give power to make the decisions without a vote?
ThaGreenKronic

Re: Ministry duties

Postby Reddy » Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:09 am

Hi,

The "unclickable" options were never developed fully. Yes, you can RP these features without having to pass a bill. You can also RP all the powers granted to the Ministry via legislation e.g the power to run a national police department or DNA database. However you have to be careful where the RP involves characters belonging to another player, here, it's always advisable to seek the consent of that player though not strictly necessary in areas where the national law is clear on the consequences of certain actions e.g. where an opposition politician criticises the Government in a country where such an action is criminalised (it has to be RPed in a convincing manner though) It is also advisable to secure the consent of parties you may be in coalition with before acting.

In the case of a court system, you would possibly have to pass a bill. Depending on the nature of the change, is it simple reorganisation of a particular court, the introduction of a new court or a more comprehensive reform of the entire system? A constitutional majority vote would be necessary for the last example but a simple majority should be enough for the first and second ones. Again, it would be advisable to secure a constitutional majority in all three cases though it appears in RL, such a majority is not necessary for limited judicial reforms. There are some hardcoded laws covering the organisation of courts on a national/local basis so you might want to take a look at those.

Under section 22.4.5 of the Game Rules, RP laws can be used to grant duties to a certain official. These can be exercised without a vote (though I would advise putting any significant RP measure to a vote or at the very least, presenting it in the form of a bill to hear other players' views) The RP law has to be in compliance with the Game Rules, particularly sections 22 and 23.
To live outside the law, you must be honest.
Reddy

Re: Ministry duties

Postby ThaGreenKronic » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:35 pm

Thanks for the reply Reddy, I think we got it sorted.
ThaGreenKronic

Return to General