Exciting RP Team News!!!

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Exciting RP Team News!!!

Postby colonelvesica » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:48 pm

So if anyone has been watching the Third World News thread I've been posting quite a few new stories from the Colonies. These are seemingly unrelated stories that are all connected to a MAJOR economic Role Play in launching at the beginning of May that will last an entire month!

I won't give away too much but I'll state outright that participation in this RP will be aiding me in finishing my work on the Economic Ranking Guide that I'm due to release on June 1st. Needless to say there is going to he a huge shake up!

I'll be working with Moderation to get the word out to Nations that may have players thay don't use the forum all that much so everyone is kept in the loop.

More news as it develops and watch this thread for more!

Colonelvesica
The Last of his Name
colonelvesica

Re: Exciting RP Team News!!!

Postby Axxell » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:51 pm

looks interesting! I'm waiting for update *.*
Alleanza Radicale (Radical Alliance) - Istalia (Active)
Axxell

Postby matthewleitch » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:28 pm

Looking forward to it :) Kind of regretting leaving Baltusia now... aha
4042-4190: Baltusian Republican Party (Baltusia)
4190- : Republican Party (Cildania)

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there’d be a shortage of sand.” -Milton Friedman
matthewleitch

Postby Auditorii » Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:42 am

Looks like it'll be fun!
Image Dorvik | Image Zardugal | Image Ostland (FBC)
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby colonelvesica » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:06 pm

A little bit more information.

On the last week of April leading up to May 1st you'll see daily news articles in the Global News Section. I can not understate how important it will be to watch those. It'll give some clues to what will be launched on May 1st.

Also this is the most important; activity during May in terms of forum activity will be King in helping me determine the ranks in June.

Finally the current guide is a good guideline to how I'll be judging things from the get go but that list is open to some possibly radical changes ;)
The Last of his Name
colonelvesica

Postby matthewleitch » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:01 pm

*Leaves Cildania to return to Baltusia*
4042-4190: Baltusian Republican Party (Baltusia)
4190- : Republican Party (Cildania)

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there’d be a shortage of sand.” -Milton Friedman
matthewleitch

Postby colonelvesica » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:36 pm

Hi folks I things have been quiet but I have exciting news that will hopefully invigorate the community.

The long awaited Economic Role Play will begin on Friday April 28th.

This Role Play will involve a temporary "depression" of the economic ranking of EVERY SINGLE nation in Particracy. The point of this Role Play will be how your nation fights it's way out of an global economic depression over the course of 15 In Game Years (30 days). This will not be a one shop stop and your good, this will be an evolving RP.

This RP will help me finalize the economic ranking of Particracy that will be released on June 1st. The more your RP the better you ranking will be when all is said and done.

I will release final details when it starts on Friday how on how I judge the Role Play going forward. So everyone get ready. ;)

As an FYI I will be taking a step out of PT during the RP so I don't bias any nation I'm apart of. I'll be quietly observing
The Last of his Name
colonelvesica

Postby TPPDJT » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:05 pm

And I just barely left a perfect situation in New Endralon...
"Whoever excommunicates me, excommunicates God." - Girolamo Savonarola

"In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king." - Desiderius Erasmus
TPPDJT

Postby jamescfm » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:21 pm

TPPDJT wrote:And I just barely left a perfect situation in New Endralon...

Get ready for my 'this is a clear failure of capitalism' rhetoric ;)
jamescfm

Postby Aquinas » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:01 pm

colonelvesica wrote:participation in this RP will be aiding me in finishing my work on the Economic Ranking Guide that I'm due to release on June 1st. Needless to say there is going to he a huge shake up!

colonelvesica wrote:activity during May in terms of forum activity will be King in helping me determine the ranks in June.

colonelvesica wrote:This RP will help me finalize the economic ranking of Particracy that will be released on June 1st. The more your RP the better you ranking will be when all is said and done.

I'm delighted to see all of the energy, enthusiasm and excitement that is going into this project, but I do have a few questions...and without wanting to put a dampener on this in any way, I feel it would be better to ask them now than later.

The period between the last rankings update and the next scheduled one is nearly 6 months (17th December 2016 to 1st June 2017). How fair is it to base the rankings update on RP conducted over just a single month period of that? What about players/nations who have done plentiful RP over the 6 month period, but who don't take part in the particular RP project you are planning to organise for May? Is there a case for giving fair weighting to RP carried out over the full 6 month period, and pro-actively soliciting feedback from the community about how to do that? How accepting will the community be of penalising players/nations in the rankings for not taking part in this one project?

And this isn't even mentioning, of course, the predictable difficulties which big RP projects can encounter. They can end up coming to standstills over OOC disputes, or even just by a key player becoming absent at an inconvenient moment. Even if the RP itself is a massive success (which I hope it will be - good luck guys!), that doesn't mean there won't be disagreements afterwards about which nations emerged as winners or losers. In the context of the RP being planned, it would not be difficult to envisage it ending in OOC disputes about the likely consequences of different sets of economic policies.

Please don't get me wrong here. I'm hugely in favour both of the RP event and the economics ranking, and I think its fantastic you're doing this...just I've got some questions/concerns about tying them in so closely together, if you see what I mean.

Could I suggest postponing making a decision on how much the RP project will affect the rankings update until after the RP project has been concluded, and after there has been a consultation with players? Not trying to hold you back or anything, and I could understand why you might not want to do this...but I do think this is at least worth thinking about.

colonelvesica wrote:The more your RP the better you ranking will be when all is said and done.

This will create an interesting situation where players/nations who RP recessions may find their rankings boosted, whereas players/nations who do not take part in the RP project and do not RP recessions may find their rankings reduced. I don't personally necessarily have a problem with that, BTW, but I do think the very basic question needs to be asked: how accepting will the community be of this? If it was me, I'd be wanting to tread cautiously and consult carefully.
Aquinas

Next

Return to General