Exciting RP Team News!!!

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Re: Exciting RP Team News!!!

Postby jamescfm » Sun May 07, 2017 9:25 am

Right, having discussed it among us and with the Mods, I'll be filling in for Vesica until such a time as he returns. Any issues, requests or queries can be directed to me and I'll do anything I can to help. Nonetheless, I won't be seeking to unnecessarily interfere with the general role-play that occurs. Vesica's original plan was to provide the catalyst for the economic crisis and then allow individual nations to determine their own response and recovery so I will look to continue in that vein.

In terms of where we are at now, the original crash occurred about four/five years ago in game. As a result, we can presume that the actual 'crashing' would have finished by now but that the economic hardship would still be being felt. From this point forward, recovery will depend on the player's in the country. Some may choose to have the consequences felt for a decade or more whereas others may seek to emerge quickly from the other side. I hope that clears a few things up for everyone!
jamescfm

Postby Axxell » Mon May 08, 2017 10:07 pm

Just a question: who will determine the outcome, for example, of the refoems implemented?
Alleanza Radicale (Radical Alliance) - Istalia (Active)
Axxell

Postby jamescfm » Mon May 08, 2017 10:18 pm

Axxell wrote:Just a question: who will determine the outcome, for example, of the refoems implemented?

If you mean in terms of how the measures you have implemented affect your economic standing, it will be Vesica when he determines the economic rankings though I imagine he will seek the RP Team's advice too. If you're concerned about the nature of your reforms (i.e. you think he may favour one economic policy over another), it's based on the quality of your role play, not the quality of your economic theory ;)
jamescfm

Postby Aquinas » Mon May 22, 2017 2:48 am

I'll copy here what Axxel posted elsewhere:

OOC: I don't know if this is the right topic, I searched the topic created by aquinas for the RP coordination of the financial crisis but I didn't find it.
So, I would like ask: it's been more than ten years (13 yeaes maybe) since the begin of the financial crisis. What now? But more important question: the ones which had to follow the developement of the RP and then determine new ranks are returned? They are "working" on this? How long does it last?

Thank you

I had earlier suggested renaming this thread to "Financial Crisis RP: discussion & planning", but that wasn't taken up. Other than this thread, there is no other thread for coordinating the financial crisis RP.

Speaking personally, although I've enjoyed participating in this RP and have made an effort to try to keep it going and encourage interest in it, I do think there are "lessons to be learned", shall we say, in terms of how it was prepared and organised. That's not trying to be negative, BTW, that's being constructive, in the sense that if we tried something like this again, we could probably do some things differently.

But I don't want to dwell on all of that for the moment. Right now, I think we should put our heads together and think about how to make the best of what we have left of this RP, which is scheduled to come to a close at the end of this month.

For starters, here are a few suggestions from me:

(a) At least for the duration of the rest of this RP, temporarily waive the requirement for Security Council motions to need the support of 3 of the 5 members in order to pass a motion. Introduce a formula whereby a motion can be passed if, 48 RL hours after a motion has been put to the vote, more members have voted yes than no, and at least 2 members have voted yes.

As some will be aware, for some time there has been an issue with some Security Council members being inactive, and there is a consultation on Security Council reform going on now. However, for the sake of this RP, I'm arguing there would be benefits to making at least a provisional reform right now, before the RP comes to an end. This would create opportunities, for example, for the Security Council to endorse the establishment of new international economic institutions.

(b) Opportunities should be explored in terms of finding ways to include the ex-colonies in the RP. Several of the ex-colonies are now under player control, and personally I think this RP has a lot of potential for them. For example, maybe the ex-colonies could campaign for fairer trading relationships with the rich world, or for debt relief/development aid/special trade deals/etc... Or maybe some of them could fall prey to political extremism and terrorism, as a consequence of the pressures brought about the recession? Basically, what I'm saying is that in regards to this RP, there are a LOT of opportunities in regards to the player-controlled former colonies, so lets think about how to exploit them.

(c) My personal view is it would be best to do the economic and military rankings together at the same time, as they are inter-related to some extent. My suggestion is the RP Team come up with a draft proposal for a rankings update, then submit it to the forum for feedback on June 1st. I also think the RP Team should start to think about who it wants to nominate to be in charge of overseeing the rankings update. Also, if it happens to be that RP Team members are busy or pressured at the moment, I don't personally think there would be anything wrong with them co-opting in a player or two from outside the RP Team.
Aquinas

Previous

Return to General