Security Council Elections, Treaties and Party Orgs

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Re: Security Council Elections, Treaties and Party Orgs

Postby Aquinas » Tue May 09, 2017 4:11 pm

Now the ex-colonies are beginning to come under direct player control, going forward, I think it is worth considering the options in terms of whether they could be given some kind of a role in Security Council elections. It would require a degree of time and organisation to accomplish this, which might be a drawback, but nevertheless it would offer an opportunity to spice up RP.
Aquinas

Postby Auditorii » Tue May 09, 2017 4:24 pm

Aquinas wrote:Now the ex-colonies are beginning to come under direct player control, going forward, I think it is worth considering the options in terms of whether they could be given some kind of a role in Security Council elections. It would require a degree of time and organisation to accomplish this, which might be a drawback, but nevertheless it would offer an opportunity to spice up RP.

I think that if the SC is switched to regions that we should include former colonies as one region in itself
Image Dorvik | Image Zardugal | Image Ostland (FBC)
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby Govenor12 » Tue May 09, 2017 5:08 pm

Why not renounce from voting altogether and institute a rotation system on continents base?
Govenor12

Postby Auditorii » Tue May 09, 2017 5:19 pm

Govenor12 wrote:Why not renounce from voting altogether and institute a rotation system on continents base?

because the voting is something tangible in-game I think, it provides a means to track it otherwise players forget and don't participate, they dont current but nevertheless it'd be more difficult.
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby jamescfm » Tue May 09, 2017 5:23 pm

Auditorii wrote:
Govenor12 wrote:Why not renounce from voting altogether and institute a rotation system on continents base?

because the voting is something tangible in-game I think, it provides a means to track it otherwise players forget and don't participate, they dont current but nevertheless it'd be more difficult.

Voting means you have to at least demonstrate some desire to partipate. A nation won't be elected without trying to be, even if they later lose interest.
jamescfm

Postby Auditorii » Tue May 09, 2017 5:26 pm

jamescfm wrote:
Auditorii wrote:

Voting means you have to at least demonstrate some desire to partipate. A nation won't be elected without trying to be, even if they later lose interest.

Are we ever going to get reform from the top down meaning from the RP Team because it seems the current SC hasn't done anything yet.
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby Govenor12 » Tue May 09, 2017 5:28 pm

Couldn't we just block nations which are deemed inactive? Obviously some nations already have such a big advantage over others that it is hard to get fresh blood into the security council? Perhaps a consecutive term cap which would allow only a two terms in the security council and afterwards the second most popular choice has to become member.
Govenor12

Postby Auditorii » Tue May 09, 2017 5:32 pm

Govenor12 wrote:Couldn't we just block nations which are deemed inactive? Obviously some nations already have such a big advantage over others that it is hard to get fresh blood into the security council? Perhaps a consecutive term cap which would allow only a two terms in the security council and afterwards the second most popular choice has to become member.

You're creating more and more paperwork. An OOC mechanic to remove people would be best.
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby Govenor12 » Tue May 09, 2017 5:36 pm

An OOC mechanic to remove people would be best.

Precisly. That what I meant. What about letting the moderation choose a certain number of members and the rest of the members are elected?
Govenor12

Postby Auditorii » Tue May 09, 2017 5:41 pm

Govenor12 wrote:
An OOC mechanic to remove people would be best.

Precisly. That what I meant. What about letting the moderation choose a certain number of members and the rest of the members are elected?

I'd go with the second most votes replacing the person and from there, down if the second choice goes inactive.
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Previous

Return to General