Consultation on Military Ranking

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Re: Consultation on Military Ranking

Postby Maxington » Thu May 25, 2017 6:47 pm

Corvo Attano wrote:
Maxington wrote:For me, personally the cultural protocol bases on how i should structure my armed forces. For example, when i was in Endralon a country based off of Austria, i obtained Austrian military equipment as the base of my armed forces, thereafter i began roleplaying me buying, tanks, aircraft and vessels from other countries. But that is personally me. If you need help with this, know that you are never alone in particracy, people are willing to help. I am willing to help.

Where can I go to continue this discussion without derailing this thread?

PM Me.
"The future of the Nation is in the children's school bags" ~ Dr. Eric Williams
President of the Trond Henrichsen Institute for International Affairs.
Maxington

Postby General.M » Thu May 25, 2017 8:34 pm

Could you maybe give us for every level a RL nation on which we should roughly base our military on?

As for Vanuku's ranking, I get it. While in real life military power would probably be based on military budget, and Vanuku uses more than 8% of its gdp, I understand that in order to increase RP'ing this is not the case in Particracy. Vanuku had actually partially RP'ed once more after the anti-piracy action. We saved a weapons manufactorer in the financial crisis but I dont think that will make a big difference.

I do agree with James though that their are a lot of differences between nations in the same level. I would suggest adding an other level. I dont think this is possible to do for this period but maybe next time you could do this.

But in the end, great job Maxington and thank you for doing all of this work!
Libertären Partei (Dorvik)(inactive)
Republikeinse Partij / Rekvaknsé Prta (Vanuku)(inactive)
Alianța Liberalilor (New Endralon/Kizenia)(active)
Natsional'naya Liga Patriotov (Trigunia)(inactive)
General.M

Postby Maxington » Thu May 25, 2017 8:40 pm

General.M wrote:Could you maybe give us for every level a RL nation on which we should roughly base our military on?

As for Vanuku's ranking, I get it. While in real life military power would probably be based on military budget, and Vanuku uses more than 8% of its gdp, I understand that in order to increase RP'ing this is not the case in Particracy. Vanuku had actually partially RP'ed once more after the anti-piracy action. We saved a weapons manufacturer in the financial crisis but I don't think that will make a big difference.

I do agree with James though that their are a lot of differences between nations in the same level. I would suggest adding an other level. I don't think this is possible to do for this period but maybe next time you could do this.

But in the end, great job Maxington and thank you for doing all of this work!

I will take into great consideration the suggestions you have made. For the next military ranking era, i hope to see Vanuku back under the Great Power category.
Maxington

Postby Carter Aaron Scott » Fri May 26, 2017 1:11 am

I have a question:
Does Tue ranking of Aldegār take into account the recent budgetary cuts to the military?
Blackshirts(Malivia)- Active
Blakshyrts(Aldegār)- inactive
Hyperion Corporate Authority (Hawu Mumenhes)- inactive
Carter Aaron Scott

Postby Maxington » Fri May 26, 2017 8:05 am

Carter Aaron Scott wrote:I have a question:
Does Tue ranking of Aldegār take into account the recent budgetary cuts to the military?

It takes that into consideration and also Aldegar's lack of roleplay pertaining to its armed forces/military.
Maxington

Postby General.M » Fri May 26, 2017 8:07 am

Maxington wrote:I will take into great consideration the suggestions you have made. For the next military ranking era, i hope to see Vanuku back under the Great Power category.

Lets make Vanuku great again!
Libertären Partei (Dorvik)(inactive)
Republikeinse Partij / Rekvaknsé Prta (Vanuku)(inactive)
Alianța Liberalilor (New Endralon/Kizenia)(active)
Natsional'naya Liga Patriotov (Trigunia)(inactive)
General.M

Postby stuntmonkey » Fri May 26, 2017 9:27 am

I welcome Baltusia's position as a Regional Power and think it reflects our RP work over the last game century to restructure our armed forces, to project ourselves onto the world stage, to forge a lasting military alliance with Istalia and to play an active role in the Security Council.

I would also like to thank Maxington for the work put in to compile this.
“I venture to suggest that patriotism is not a short and frenzied outburst of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime.”

― AES II

Current party - Haruzuterēchisuku Refonpātī
stuntmonkey

Postby Kubrick » Fri May 26, 2017 11:33 am

I will remain a firm opponent of these rankings for two reasons: the downgrading of Vanulu is unjustified and the reasoning given is poor at best ("you didn't post military news"). The second one is Kazulia being a great power. I know you play the nation, Maxington, but to come out of nowhere and claim great power status because you posted a few articles.. severely disappointing and reeking of nepotism.

Also, Vanuku has been working hard to battle the economic recession, yet the defence budget has been untouched. The nation has been stable apart from a constitutional change in republic/constitutional monarchy. The economy has been rebuilt.
Another RP Team member please look into this.
"see yah i think kubs is right" ~Zanz

"I’m pretty sure your buddy Kubrick was upset he couldn’t just resort to his old ways" ~Auditorii

"You can blame Polites and Kubrick for that nightmare" ~Doc
Kubrick

Postby Maxington » Fri May 26, 2017 12:34 pm

Kubrick wrote:I will remain a firm opponent of these rankings for two reasons: the downgrading of Vanuku is unjustified and the reasoning given is poor at best ("you didn't post military news"). The second one is Kazulia being a great power. I know you play the nation, Maxington, but to come out of nowhere and claim great power status because you posted a few articles.. severely disappointing and reeking of nepotism.

Also, Vanuku has been working hard to battle the economic recession, yet the defence budget has been untouched. The nation has been stable apart from a constitutional change in republic/constitutional monarchy. The economy has been rebuilt.
Another RP Team member please look into this.

Being stringently opposed to the ranking is not going to change/improve anything. It is a voluntary (suggestive) ranking which players (You and others) have the ability to ignore. In a similar manner you have the ability to appeal your ranking; meaning you can debate for either your nation to be re-categorized. I was expecting a comment like this talking about nepotism because "I am in Kazulia, so Kazulia should be a Great Power". Please do show me why does Vanuku have to remain as a Great Power and also why do you think Kazulia should not be a Great Power.

*Other RP Team members, please as was requested by Kubrick look into this matter immediately.
Maxington

Postby Kubrick » Fri May 26, 2017 3:13 pm

I state that I am a firm opponent so I gain some time to write and compose a solid appeal, once that is up I will leave it to you and another RP Team member to fully review.
"see yah i think kubs is right" ~Zanz

"I’m pretty sure your buddy Kubrick was upset he couldn’t just resort to his old ways" ~Auditorii

"You can blame Polites and Kubrick for that nightmare" ~Doc
Kubrick

PreviousNext

Return to General