Consultation on Military Ranking

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Consultation on Military Ranking

Postby Maxington » Thu May 25, 2017 1:45 pm

**The following is the renewed approach to military ranking. If a person is not pleased with his/her ranking militarily, here is the place to make appeals.
Note: I am taking suggestions and appeals with an open mind, however, when it comes to persons going out of their way to making my first interaction with this military ranking hard for me, i will become more arrogant than you. All i wish is for persons to have respect for the time taken to craft this up and to have some decorum in this thread. As stated already i am open to suggestions and appeals, that is the reason for me posting this here to allow for players to (1) know why their countries were placed in the categories below and (2) appeal their ranking with must be reinforced by evidence.

**Rankings go up on June 1st, that means that there is 6-7 day window for appeals and suggestions to be made. (Note: sometime i will not be able to answer questions quickly due to the fact that IRL i am still in examination mode and might be studying.

**Without further ado, the Military Rankings June 2017 - November 2017.

Change log: - The following are the several changes coming to the Military Ranking System.
i). The Re-Introduction of 'Powers' and the removal of 'Strength'. It is the belief of the Military Ranking Coordinator that instead of the contemporary ranking based on strength (strong, weak, very weak), nations should be ranked in accordance to their power. This is an estimate of their influence in given areas and/or regions. The categories of power to be in use are: - Great power, Regional power, Middle power, Small power, No Power.
ii). the introduction of clear descriptions of the various rankings. It is the belief of the Military Ranking Coordinator, that the ranking previously proposed, it was either difficult for new and even old user to interpret what was being projected by the description of the various ranking categories. Instead characterizes (what will be expected of nations of that ranking) will be used as a means of assisting in thought process of understanding and interpretation.
iii). A functional approach to nuclear weapons and aircraft carriers. To experienced players, having new players enter into a roleplay event claiming numbers of extreme proportions with respect to aircraft carrier procurement and nuclear weapons procurement, it is extremely frustrating and a hindrance to roleplay throughout. As per usual, nations of the Great Power category should presume they can have nuclear weapons and/or aircraft carriers. Nations in the Regional Power category should approach this sensitive topic with caution, taking into consideration elements of roleplay such as (Where the nuclear technology which I need is going to come from. How am I going to construct these weapons? Am i going to approach another country to purchase or will I approach the black market (run by Global RP Team); With respect to aircraft carriers, nations within this category should converge along the path of a multi-role amphibious assault ship, with aircraft carrier capabilities. It is advised that nations within the Middle Power categories should exercise caution and seek the advice of the Global Role-play Team. Nations within the Small and No Power categories should presume they do not presume that they do not possess either nuclear weapons or aircraft carriers.

No Power:- A country which concurs no form of political or military power with respect to the influence of said powers on a given nation or region.
Characteristics:- A nation under this category shows traits of being:-
I. Unable to defend/secure its borders.
II. Unable to project military and political influence onto its immediate and distant neighbors.
III. Unable to possess weapons of mass destruction (might it be nuclear, chemical or biological) as well as aircraft carriers (might it be small, medium or large).
IV. Being internal unstable, thus also being unable to maintain/possess a stable and efficient armed force/protective service.
V. Being extremely dependent on military alliances between the much larger nations (middle, regional and great powers) which surround them, (as a means of ensuring their security).

Bianjie
Cifutingan
Dalibor
Degalogesa
Hanzen

Istapali
Kimlien
Kurageri
Liore
Medina

Midway
New Alduria
New Englia
New Verham
North Dovani

Noumonde
Ntoto
Ostland
Rapa Pile
Statrica

Suyu Llaqta
Temania
Tropica
Utari Mosir
Utembo
Vanakalam
Xsampa

Small Power:- A country which although possess the ability to defend itself to some degree, has a major emphasis on coalitions and partnership (which it uses to ensure both its sovereignty and security).
I. Able to defend/secure its borders to a degree.
II. Unable to project military and political influence onto its immediate and distant neighbors.
III. Unable to possess weapons of mass destruction (might it be nuclear, chemical and/or biological) as well as aircraft carriers (might it be small, medium or large).
IV. Being internally stable to an extent; however the matter of internal stability should be dependent on the role-play scenarios in play within said nation.
V. Being able to maintain/possess an efficient (effective) armed force/protective services to an extent. [In this case an effective/efficient armed force/protective service is one which has a limited, outdated, poorly trained and poorly equipped protective force].
VI. Being moderately dependent on military alliances between the much larger nations (middle, regional and great powers) which surround them, (as a means of assisting their armed force/protective service and/or ensuring their security).

Beluzia
Davostan
Dolgaria
Egelion
Endralon

Gaduridos
Hobrazia
Jakania
Jelbania
Kanjor

Keymon
Kafuristan
Likatonia
Lourenne
Mordusia

Sekowo
Talmoria
Telamon
Tukarali
Valruzia
Vorona

Middle Power:- A country which is not a small power nor is it a regional or great power, but still concurs moderate levels of political and military influence.
I. Able to defend/secure its border entirely.
II. Being able to protect moderate amounts of military and political influence to only its immediate neighbors.
III. Able to possess weapons of mass destruction (i.e. Chemical and Biological *NOT NUCLEAR). They are also unable in possessing aircraft carriers (might it be small, medium or large) and should be able show how they were able to acquire said weapons to any person in question. However these nations are allowed to possess amphibious warfare ships (e.g. Landing Platform Dock)
IV. Being internally stable; however the matter of internal stability should be dependent on the role-play scenarios in play within said nation.
V. Being able to maintain/possess an efficient (effective) armed force/protective services. [In this case an effective/efficient armed force/protective service is one which is moderate, limitedly up to date, moderately trained and moderately equipped protective forces].
VI. Being slightly dependent on military alliance between the larger nations (regional and great powers) which surround them, (as a means of either assisting in the training of their force or limited protection).

Aldegar
Aloria
Alduria
Badara
Barmenia

Cildania
Cobura
Dankuk (Dranland)
Deltaria
Darnussia (Narikaton)

Dundorf
Hawu Mumenhes
Kalopia
Kirlawa
Kundrati

Lodamon
Malivia
New Endralon
Pontesi
Rildanor

Rutania
Saridan
Selucia
Solentia

Regional Power:- A country which has large amounts of power in a given geographic continent/region.
Characteristics:- A nation under this category shows traits of being
II. Being able to protect large amounts of military and political influence to only its immediate and regional neighbors.
III. Able to possess limited amounts weapons of mass destruction (might it be nuclear, chemical and/or biological) and should be able show how they were able to acquire said weapons to any person in question. They are capable of possessing limited amounts (1-3) small to medium sized aircraft carriers. Also these nations are allowed to possess amphibious warfare ships (e.g. Amphibious Assault Ships.)
IV. Being internally stable; however the matter of internal stability should be dependent on the role-play scenarios in play within said nation.
V. Being able to maintain/possess an efficient (effective) armed force/protective services. [In this case an effective/efficient armed force/protective service is one which is comparatively high, up to date, highly trained and highly equipped protective forces].
VI. Independent of military alliance between the larger nations (great powers) which surround them. Instead these nations use military alliance as a means of maintaining peace and cooperation in the given region.

Beiteynu
Baltusia
Dorvik
Trigunia
Hulstria

(Yingdala) Indrala
Kalistan
Kazulia
Luthori
Zardugal

Great Power:- A country which is recognized as having the ability and expertise to exert its influence on a global scale.
Characteristics:- A nation under this category shows traits of being
II. Being able to protect extreme amounts of military and political influence to any given nation (might it be its immediate or regional neighbors, as well as regional powers).
III. Able to moderate to moderately large amounts weapons of mass destruction (might it be nuclear, chemical and/or biological) and should be able show how they were able to acquire said weapons to any person in question. They are capable of possessing moderate to moderately large amounts (3-6) of moderate to large sized aircraft carriers. Also these nations are allowed to possess amphibious warfare ships (e.g. Amphibious Assault Ships.)
IV. Being internally stable; these nations due to their position on the global stage are rarely internally unstable, due to internal safeguards against instability.
V. Being able to maintain/possess an efficient (effective) armed force/protective services. [In this case an effective/efficient armed force/protective service is one which is high, up to date, highly trained and highly equipped protective forces].
VI. Independent of military alliance. These nations usually are the nations which form said military alliances. As with regional powers, these nations use these alliance to ensure stability globally or (could use them for the execution of separate ideas).

Hutori
Istalia
Vanuku
Last edited by Maxington on Fri May 26, 2017 4:47 pm, edited 6 times in total.
"The future of the Nation is in the children's school bags" ~ Dr. Eric Williams
President of the Trond Henrichsen Institute for International Affairs.
Maxington

Re: Consultation on Military Ranking

Postby jamescfm » Thu May 25, 2017 3:44 pm

I am, unsurprisingly, going to suggest Vanuku be classified as a great power. Though I accept that there has not been a great deal of RP which consolidates Vanuku's place there, at the same time it has been stable during a time when most other comparable nations have experienced turbulence. Indrala and Trigunia, for example, have both experienced some degree of internal conflict whereas Vanuku has not. Especially given that there are only two 'great powers' at present, I don't think it would be too much to see Vanuku upgraded. By the way, you've got a typo for Lodamun. ;)
jamescfm

Postby Maxington » Thu May 25, 2017 4:05 pm

Whilst internal stability is a factor contributing the rankings of the various nations. I have searched through Vanuku's newspapers and legislations for talking points which could be used as evidence to support the up-ranking of Vanuku, but i have no found anything which could be used as solid evidence to support this move. The latest piece of roleplay pertaining to Vanuku and its armed forces comes in the form of piracy operations (which have ended). Government neglect of the armed forces coupled by inactivity has led to the deterioration of the Vanukean Armed Forces. It has done much pertaining to economics, however, the single talking point being pushed by you is that it has maintained internal stability. This is single factor does not have enough weight to justify Vanuku's continued position as a Great Power. As much as i would like to see certain nations be ranked up, i don't want to engage in endless debates and arguments with other players on the grounds of "favouritism" or "unfairness". I recognize your appeal, but until you can show me reinforcing evidence to support your suggestion, Vanuku will remain as a Regional Power.
Maxington

Postby jamescfm » Thu May 25, 2017 4:17 pm

Maxington wrote:Whilst internal stability is a factor contributing the rankings of the various nations. I have searched through Vanuku's newspapers and legislations for talking points which could be used as evidence to support the up-ranking of Vanuku, but i have no found anything which could be used as solid evidence to support this move. The latest piece of roleplay pertaining to Vanuku and its armed forces comes in the form of piracy operations (which have ended). Government neglect of the armed forces coupled by inactivity has led to the deterioration of the Vanukean Armed Forces. It has done much pertaining to economics, however, the single talking point being pushed by you is that it has maintained internal stability. This is single factor does not have enough weight to justify Vanuku's continued position as a Great Power. As much as i would like to see certain nations be ranked up, i don't want to engage in endless debates and arguments with other players on the grounds of "favouritism" or "unfairness". I recognize your appeal, but until you can show me reinforcing evidence to support your suggestion, Vanuku will remain as a Regional Power.

I appreciate the consideration and while I don't agree with you, I can understand how you've reached that decision. I will admit I don't have reinforcing evidence of the kind you allude to; other than that nations at the same level have seen significantly poorer conditions in their armed forces. I suppose I'll just have to get to work for the next set of rankings :lol:
jamescfm

Postby Maxington » Thu May 25, 2017 4:18 pm

I'm compiling a list of nation's whom have given approval of their ranking. So, Vanuku are you in approval of your ranking? [Yes/No]
Maxington

Postby jamescfm » Thu May 25, 2017 4:24 pm

Maxington wrote:I'm compiling a list of nation's whom have given approval of their ranking. So, Vanuku are you in approval of your ranking? [Yes/No]

Personally, no but I can't speak for the other players of course.
jamescfm

Postby Arapaima13 » Thu May 25, 2017 4:43 pm

I would suggest that Lourenne be upgraded to a Middle Power from a Small Power. We do participate within the Dovanic Union, however that was arranged by Lourenne themselves, suggesting that Lourenne has some political influence over its immediate neighbours - one of the characteristics of a Middle Power. I would also argue that right now Lourenne is politically stable enough to be classed as a Middle Power.
"Sometimes the people you think you hate actually turn out to be alright."
Federal Democratic Party: Dolgava, Since 4350
RP Team / General RP Coordinator
Arapaima13

Postby TPPDJT » Thu May 25, 2017 4:53 pm

Personally, I believe a lack of experienced roleplayers has crippled the ranking of Solentia. For Saridan, I can agree with the proposed ranking.
"Whoever excommunicates me, excommunicates God." - Girolamo Savonarola

"In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king." - Desiderius Erasmus
TPPDJT

Postby Maxington » Thu May 25, 2017 4:57 pm

Arapaima13 wrote:I would suggest that Lourenne be upgraded to a Middle Power from a Small Power. We do participate within the Dovanic Union, however that was arranged by Lourenne themselves, suggesting that Lourenne has some political influence over its immediate neighbours - one of the characteristics of a Middle Power. I would also argue that right now Lourenne is politically stable enough to be classed as a Middle Power.

There a difference between in-game mechanics and roleplay. The Dovanic Union although it is a relatively young organisation, has been inactive for some while. There has not been much roleplay pertaining to the organisation. Apart from this, Lourenne has not shown any to reinforce/support its claim to be moved from a small power to a middle power. Although roleplay was facilitated in the country around may by players: Doc and the theoriginaltrotka, after both persons left, it was returned to the time prior to these players being in this country. Accomplishing one characteristic/requirement is not going to be enough to support this. Unless you can show me that Lourenne needs to be re-categorized, it will remain in its current position.
Maxington

Postby Mpro20 » Thu May 25, 2017 4:59 pm

I would like to ask to increase Zardugal's power ranking as we have access to weapons of mass Destruction, are stable and despite some any econonic turbulence, have maintained a proportionally very high military spending (currently 100,000,000,000 ZAR which is eg double that of our Infrastructure spending) and we have also deregulated that market, so the weapons companies could make a lot of money and therefore improve the equipment of the forces. Furthermore anyone in the army is very well trained due to the lack of conscription, everyone is Professional.
Liberecana Unio (LU), Federacio de Zardugalo

Imperial Horde Barmenia
Mpro20

Next

Return to General