The Aldegār Growth Initiative (Economic Tutorial)

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

The Aldegār Growth Initiative (Economic Tutorial)

Postby Carter Aaron Scott » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:06 am

Hi,

I have the ludicrous ambition of building Aldegār into a thriving economic powerhouse. Could anyone help me understand the basics(and advances) of Particracial Economics?
Blackshirts(Malivia)- Active
Blakshyrts(Aldegār)- inactive
Hyperion Corporate Authority (Hawu Mumenhes)- inactive
Carter Aaron Scott

Re: The Aldegār Growth Initiative (Economic Tutorial)

Postby Carter Aaron Scott » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:39 am

And if you want, just look at Aldegār's budget and stuff and yeeaaahhhh. I need help ;-;
Carter Aaron Scott

Postby Lucca » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:00 am

Hi :)

Sorry I can't be of more help, but I just wanted to clarify that Particracy's economic system is very rudimentary; it was never finished. For that matter, some nations' economies/budgets are completely broken (Vorona, Lourenne, Talmoria).

Carter Aaron Scott wrote:building Aldegār into a thriving economic powerhouse.

That's done via RP, much more so than via the in-game budgets. Please post news articles on the forum with descriptions, commentary, etc., about economic manoeuvres that you're making; your nation's newspaper is a good place.
viewtopic.php?t=1852
It doesn't really matter which economic school you're following -- choose whichever one that you prefer -- what's important is that you write RP forum posts about it, the more (and the more detail and the more often), the better.

Carter Aaron Scott wrote:And if you want, just look at Aldegār's budget and stuff and yeeaaahhhh. I need help ;-;

Happy to be of help :)
As for my budget/tax opinions ... please be aware, the following are only my personal opinions, nothing more....

Looking at Aldegar's current budget at this moment, you're running a deficit, of about 5,3% of GDP.
http://classic.particracy.net/budget.php?nationid=24
Government spending is quite high, at over 43% of GDP; reducing this somewhat might be a good way to get rid of that deficit, if you would like.
Or of course you could raise taxes, or just ignore the deficit; whichever you would prefer.

Justice ministry funding is a bit on the high side, at 2,8% of GDP; perhaps consider paring this down a little, unless there's an RP reason for it being high. (Again, all throughout this, RP considerations are consistently more important than, and outweigh, any of these mere numbers.)

Food&Agriculture (5,2% of GDP) and Trade&Industry (5,9% of GDP) are the other two even bigger outliers, to my eye. Of course, again, unless there are RP reasons for them being that high.

I would personally suggest about 1% of GDP or thereabouts for each of the above three -- but again please remember that that's only my personal opinion.

Infrastructure is also quite high (7,3% of GDP) ... but on the other hand infrastructure spending is both an investment in the nation's current and future economy, and also creates immediate jobs on the ground.
(... which is merely RP spin-work of mine ;) ; this setting, along with everything else in the budget, has no game-mechanics effect whatsoever, since the game's economic system was never completed.)

As for taxes ... I personally feel that essential-goods sales taxes are an abomination, needlessly and senselessly cruel. Getting rid of this one, please, would surely be appreciated by your nation's citizens, especially the working class who need it the most. (Although doing so would increase the deficit.)

On the income tax, the lowest two tax brackets are unnecessary clutter.
Please note that, as far as the game mechanics are concerned, everyone in your nation who has income, has income of at least 3005 ACR or more.
http://classic.particracy.net/viewregio ... gionid=126

So thus, everyone who has income, therefore pays the entirety of the 900-1200 ACR slice (at 3%, that's 9 ACR in tax per taxpayer), as well as the entirety of the 1200-2400 ACR slice (at 15%, that's 180 ACR in tax per taxpayer).
I would suggest getting rid of those two brackets, and lowering the floor of the 2400-3600 ACR 20% bracket, to 1455 ACR.
The thereby newly added portion of that bracket (1455-2400 ACR at 20%), would collect the exact same 189 ACR each, from the exact same taxpayers, as the two old brackets did. Doing so would not change in the slightest what anybody owes in taxes, at all; all that it would do, would be merely to nicely simplify the math for everyone. :)

Of course, if you want to change how much income tax different people in your nation owe, then please do so!
It's your nation.

The other two taxes (corporate and luxury), I personally don't see any issues with at this moment.
(Small-government people would feel that they are very much too high. But I am not a small-government person. ;) )

Again, just my opinions. :oops:

Best wishes to your and your nation :)
Lucca

Postby Carter Aaron Scott » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:59 am

Jeez Louise. That's literally the most comprehensive explanation I've ever gotten on any game mechanic before.

Thank you so much!!! I'm.. New(?) Here so I have to ask, why is most of the game unfinished?

And as for the rp stuff, I'll be trying to build up Aldegār with rp stuffs. That might actually work <.< I'm just trying to be like the Labor Unity Party and make the nation I'm in have a large(ish) GDP and stuffs.
Carter Aaron Scott

Postby Axxell » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:00 am

What I can reccomend you is to develop the RP on the forum, using the newspaper of Aldegar. In fact, the budget partecipates to the evaluation of a nation, but... haw can I say... it is a mere detail: given the fact that the game was never finished, especially the economic part, the RP is the most important part taken into account with the budget which at least should be adeguate to support the initiatives and the policies developed in RP.

For example: you can say that the Government want begin to invest in some kind of industrial sector or want built a special economic area, want assure tax relief for new company, etc... well, the roleplay will be more realistic if the Government presents a budget bill in which allocates funds for the finance or for the trade and industry and at the same time, the roleplay would be not too much realistic if your budget funds too much a sector not related to the RP.
For example again: you can develop an RP saying that the Government built a modern welfare system, but if the budget for the Healthcare and Social Services is the lowest one, it would be not realistic the RP you developed.

Essentially the budget support the realism and effectiveness of the RP you develp.

About why the game was never finished, well, the classic particracy (the 1), it is a beta version, not definitive and I reed that the creator decided to begin a new particracy (particracy II) in which develop a new game with a new code, etc... I think to integrate elements impossible to put inside the first version, to ameliorate the game, etc... For this reason players and mods invite to compensate the game unfinished features with the RP on the forum.

I reccomend you to make a tour on the newspapers of the other nations: viewforum.php?f=17 to have an idea on how develop an RP.
Alleanza Radicale (Radical Alliance) - Istalia (Active)
Axxell

Return to General