The game needs of an Impeachment system

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

The game needs of an Impeachment system

Postby Axxell » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:10 pm

I think the game, to improve its realism and to simulate more political/institutional mechanincs and situation (particracy is a political simualtion!), needs of an Impeachment system.
What is the point to be immovable on the position to defend always the mechanincs game when the mechanincs' development were never finished?

What if, for example, an elected president doesn't present a cabinet also when a party or a group of parties gained the majority and asked to the president to present a cabinet? In what kind of political system (at least democratic) doesn't existe an Impeachment system?
Where is the democracy, and the realism, when in a POLITICAL GAME doesn't exist any form of Impeachment? The elections are not a fair way to solve such a situation! Why 4 or 5 players/parties should risk to lost their majority, democratically elected, for the behavior of another player who control the Presidency? And what is the point to follow like foundamentalists some mechanics that are simply incomplete? Because, as said, a political game without an Impachment system is ridicoulus, especially when in IRL there many nations where an Impeachment doesn't means automatically an early election! And I'm cpnvinced that the creator of the game never added such an option only because he left the game.

The game already provides a lot of RP variables and RP's way to act. Why not delineate also some political mechanism in RP and first of all the case of an Impeachment for the president? With a majority of 2/3 into the game it is possible to dethronize a monarchs, why not create an RP constitutional provision to allow a form of Impeachment if 2/3 of the players agree on this? What could happen?

And this time it is possible have a response from the mods, the creator, from someone?

Not like this other topic: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7185 (thank you for the attention). I'll create the same topic also in the section Moderatin, hoping to begin a costructive dialogue and not a simple: "the rules don't allow it".

Thank you
Alleanza Radicale (Radical Alliance) - Istalia (Active)
Axxell

Re: The game needs of an Impeachment system

Postby Martinulus » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:18 pm

Technically, that's the situation as it would be in a semi-presidential country like France. I don't think they can even impeach their President, correct me if I'm wrong. Also, impeachment is a very heavy form of removal, in that it carries criminal charges. It's not like a vote of confidence. Unfortunately, there's only a few ways to work it out ICly:

- In a Presidential system, without a separate HoG, it would be like in the US: the President keeps proposing nominees but they keep being rejected at their confirmation hearings. Luckily in this case one could argue the executive and legislative functions are so separate that you don't need a Cabinet to keep passing laws so technically if there's no Cabinet the President is impotent, not the Parliament, which can keep passing laws.
- The same goes for a semi-presidential system, even moreso in fact. After all, a President whose power to appoint a Cabinet is never used effectively because his Cabinet keeps losing the confidence of Parliament, is pretty toothless. He can't pass laws, he can't pass treaties and he can't keep control of the executive branch.

I don't think there's a problem if you look at it this way.
Hosianisch-Demokratisches Verbund - Hulstria and Gao-Soto

Notable previous parties:
Folkepartiet (People's Party) - Kazulia
Martinulus

Postby toro42 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:54 pm

It's been said many, many times that Particracy is no longer in development. I love the idea, don't get me wrong, but it honestly won't happen.
toro42

Postby Reddy » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:35 am

Moderation has merged your two threads. Please do not create duplicate threads on the same topic in the future as that might taken as spamming. You should not invade other people's topics either with the intention of driving them off topic, like you did here.

As to your query, Moderation has already discussed this with you on several occasions over the past year. The eternal and cardinal principle of the game is that game mechanics come first. Game mechanics while flawed in some parts, have the distinct advantage of certainty and are the least controversial way of determining the applicable law. RP laws are meant to supplement the game mechanics laws rather than replace them.

As for your question on impeachment, Moderation has not prohibited impeachment but will not enforce such a RP law where it contradicts game mechanics or mandates early elections. Players can negotiate voluntary non-binding conventions for their country on laws requiring early election.

In Istalia's case, you have a political deadlock. Lots of real life and Particracy countries have this and it rarely if ever results in impeachment or calls for it. Moderation will also remind you that Istalia's' current constitutional laws provide for a semi-presidential system with a powerful President. if Istalian parties wish to change this, there's nothing stopping them. In other words, it's not dysfunctional game mechanics which are preventing a two thirds majority of Istalian legislators from changing the Constitution. There's also nothing preventing the said parties from agreeing on a new election to oust the unwanted President, if they can win of course. Both those moves would be very realistic in my view.
To live outside the law, you must be honest.
Reddy

Return to General