Academic Journals

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Academic Journals

Postby RIS » Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:54 pm

I was thinking of creating academic journals for terra. A variety of science and history journals that people can cite when proposing legislation. My plan is to have it function similarly to real world academic journals were an article is submitted then sent off to be peer reviewed before being published. However, to do so I will need people who would be willing to do the reviewing. So with that is their any interest, suggestion, questions and or comments?
Former Global RP Team Economist

Active Parties:
Hutori- Federalist Party

Inactive Parties:
Klavia- Palatinus Evimería Factio
RIS

Re: Academic Journals

Postby Auditorii » Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:50 am

RIS wrote:I was thinking of creating academic journals for terra. A variety of science and history journals that people can cite when proposing legislation. My plan is to have it function similarly to real world academic journals were an article is submitted then sent off to be peer reviewed before being published. However, to do so I will need people who would be willing to do the reviewing. So with that is their any interest, suggestion, questions and or comments?

Could be interesting, I'm doing the same thing with Gath Defense Collective with defense and security policy stuffs.
Image Dorvik | Image Zardugal | Image Ostland (FBC)
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Re: Academic Journals

Postby CCP » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:41 am

I thought about academic lectures a while back, mostly on global politics issues.

I think what you should do instead of journals is academic conferences. That way you could present your papers (which could then be peer reviewed) and you could also just have speeches by anyone willing to speak on the subject of the conference. Cause I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict that you're not gonna get many players willing to write journal articles with any regularity.
Global Roleplay Committee Chair(until March 2019)
Ity ꜣḥwt xꜣdt, Hawu Mumenhes
Movement for Radical Libertarianism, Talmoria
Enarekh Koinonia, Cobura
Sizwe Esintsundu Amandla Inhlangano, Ibutho
Christian Communalist Party, Rildanor
CCP

Return to General