Public Statement

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Public Statement

Postby wlievens » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:51 pm

A couple of months ago there was a regrettable situation involving members of this community. My intent with this post is not to restart discussion on this subject, but I want to make a publically visible statement.

Some unhelpful and misleading comments have since been made and are at times still being made in media other than this forum, most notably chat rooms, concerning a former moderator of this community. Aquinas resigned as moderator in January, following threatening communications which revealed the sender had real-life personal details on him, along with hurtful comments, and a similar incident happened again in June. We don't know who was responsible for these communications.

I have had private discussions with Aquinas about these events. To my knowledge, he hasn't privately or publicly accused anybody of the act, since neither he nor I has any information on who was responsible. We want to discourage speculations and accusations about what happened, since that's helping out no one. If you do have any knowledge concerning these events we don't have it, pass it on to me, but do not do so in public. Doxxing and personal threats cross a line that no one here wants to see crossed. We may play pretend debate here, or even get into real hot debates when role play crosses over into real-life politics, but nobody here wants to see the borders of their own privacy infringed.

In the aftermath of these incidents, there has been some inappropriate behavior regarding Aqunias, and while part of it has been in jest, some of it has been very inappropriate, and I feel it is time for that to stop. Please be sensitive to the fact that these matters are serious, and that certain behavior can cause alarm and distress, even if intended humorously.

Claims have been put out that Aquinas is guilty of harassment and racism. So far as I can establish, none of these claims can be substantiated and I am personally confident they are not true. Claims have also been put out that Aquinas is crazy, paranoid and mentally ill. This are not statements I stand for, and I don't see them at all as constructive debate, normal social interaction, or suitable role play. Of course, I cannot control and police what goes on off the site, nor am I interested in providing detailed commentary on what goes on there. I do wish to appeal to people to please be responsible and sensitive with regards to this situation, and to keep it civil at all times.

I'm locking this thread as I post it, because I'm not interested in engaging in debate about the matter at heart. My words stand for what they are.
wlievens
Site Admin

Return to General