Formal petition to change slightly the new culture Map

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Formal petition to change slightly the new culture Map

Postby Corvo Attano » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:37 pm

Can you change the Culture of Malivian to simply Indo Aryan (which I assume encompasses both the cultures you have already ascribed to Malivia) and the Other Caucasian to Afro Caribbean?
Fatherland Front

Nationmaster of Malivia
Corvo Attano

Re: Formal petition to change slightly the new culture Map

Postby Corvo Attano » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:23 pm

A response from the moderation would be appreciated.
Fatherland Front

Nationmaster of Malivia
Corvo Attano

Postby jamescfm » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:16 pm

You waited less than six hours. Moderators have lives. Give them a chance.
jamescfm

Postby Corvo Attano » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:46 am

Not when they post in Phils thread and ignore mine.
Fatherland Front

Nationmaster of Malivia
Corvo Attano

Postby cm9777 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:00 am

Players are reminded to express their queries and address each other in a calm and considered manner thanks.
cm9777

Postby Corvo Attano » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:47 am

Can you answer my querry please?
Fatherland Front

Nationmaster of Malivia
Corvo Attano

Postby cm9777 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:07 am

The issue is still being considered. Moderation will get back to you as soon as possible.
cm9777

Postby Polites » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:27 am

Hey, sorry for getting back so late on this.

I need to emphasize once again that the map is not final and is just a "proof of concept" outlining roughly what we have in mind for Terran cultures. If the new rule is adopted, of which there is no guarantee, we will most likely end up using a more practical system for updating cultures, most probably text descriptions. And I should also emphasize that, according to the new rule, it will be the RP Team that will be in charge of Culture, so if the new rule is implemented they would be the people to go to for updates. We published the map to show roughly what we had in mind, but we have not started any consultation, publicly or privately, on what culture should go where, because we feel that would be premature. If the new rule is not implemented, then a debate on cultures will just be a waste of time.

To give a more specific answer to your question @Corvo Attano, one thing we tried to minimize on the map is the same culture showing up in two geographically distant areas, which would have been the case with Afro-Caribbean culture. However, we can offer no guarantees that the map as it is will be implemented, nor can we guarantee that if we do alter it that version will become official. There is the risk that, if the new rule is implemented, some nations will end up with cultures vastly different from their current Cultural Protocols and their RP history, which admittedly is the biggest drawback of the new rule. Without making any commitment either way or the other, we will do our best, if the new rule is implemented, to maintain as much continuity as possible.
Polites

Postby Corvo Attano » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:39 am

Polites if I wanted a diplomatic attache to give me an I don't know maybe maybe not I would go to diplomatic attache.

I demand as a player of Malivia a country that will be admittedly by myself only change less than other countries a yes or no answer now. Not in 10 days and not when the official map will be up.

I don't care if the Afro Caribbean population in Malivia is nonsensical in your new map. I didn't ask anybody to make it and I did not give my permission for anyone to change the country that I play in in any shape or form.

The only permission I gave the RP team are to coordinate bigger RP between countries, making sure nobody god mode and that moderation to make certain of our culturally protected status.

I did not consent to the creation of this map and if my request is not met I will tell players in Malivia to disregard it.
Fatherland Front

Nationmaster of Malivia
Corvo Attano

Postby Polites » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:08 am

Well the official answer remains "I don't know". Not because we're deliberately trying to ruin anyone's RP or anything, but we honest to God legitimately do not know.

If the rule is implemented and you disagree with what ends up as Malivia's culture, Malivian players are free to withdraw from the cultural GRA.
Polites

Next

Return to General