PARTICRACY CULTURE REFORMS CONSULTATION

General discussions about the Particracy web game.

PARTICRACY CULTURE REFORMS CONSULTATION

Postby FPC » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:05 pm

Along with our new rules Moderation are proposing the centralisation of Culture within the game. This would involve all nations who are enrolled in the Cultural Register/Global Roleplay index (we are still to decide how to implement this), would have their base culture determined for them by Moderation and the RP team.

At the moment we have come up with a proposed "cultural map" of Terra that would serve as the base from which the cultures of each nation would be determined. We want to hear your feedback on this issue and we can work to create something everyone is relatively happy with.
To be clear: this is not final, we are open to change and we will not be implementing this anytime soon. The consultation is running until the 3rd of April so there is plenty of time for change.

For the sake of transparency I feel I should let you know that the map was drawn up by the User jamescfm. He is a former mod, former RP team member and currently is a wiki admin. I initially began working on the rules with him whilst he was still a mod and we discussed this proposal however never finalised anything until after he had stepped down. After we decided to try this idea we approached him for some feedback. Following this we asked james to draw up a cultural map of terra with the help of a few other players and we would review it now and again and suggest changes, aswell as specifics for each nation. We asked james to do this as he has a tremendous amount of experience creating maps and always manages to produce accurate and aesthetically pleasing maps, aswell as this he is very experienced and knowledgeable with culture and as he was familiar with the proposal we felt it was a good idea to ask for his help. Im sure those of you who know james will understand why we asked him ;-) Can we please not bring james into this, this is moderations prerogative and our proposal so it is not his fault if its not popular.

Obviously there have already been a few threads dedicated to this and some controversy surrounding the issue and we apologise for that. We have however taken feedback from those threads and made a few changes to the map we released earlier today. Hopefully this will act as a fresh start.


Now because of the controversy this morning there are gonna be a few rules on this thread to ensure everything remains reasonably civil:

1- If you have an issue with your nation or another nations proposed culture please leave a post on this thread explaining your point of view. Polites or myself will send you a private message discussing it further, we will comment on the thread "messaged" to let others know the dialogue has been continued and then will post the result of our conversation on the thread once we are finished.
2- If you see another player in your nation starting a conversation about the nations culture which you would like to be involved in please simply quote the player and request to be added to the conversation, we will happily accommodate you.
3- Only Moderation should be responding to players issues. A large problem from this morning was third parties piling on and confusing things even more.
4- Only the cultural map and the idea of centralising culture should be discussed here, general comments on the rule redraft should go on this thread: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7767
Thanks guys and sorry for the extra rules we will maybe get rid of some of them as the consultation moves forward.

EDIT: The Base Culture Documents, which once properly vetted and updated, will be binding (provided this rule is implemented), are here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/16s0 ... Ikg1s/edit

Lots of love,
Fin
xoxoxo
Used to be a mod xx
Wiki Admin and Bureaucrat (for some reason)
User avatar
FPC
 
Posts: 731
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:14 am
Location: Scotland

Re: PARTICRACY CULTURE MAP CONSULTATION

Postby FPC » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:12 pm

With all that said here is our revised map: https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/par ... erra-0.png

Image

And the key:
1= Prussian
2= Belarusian
3= Kalmyk
4= Spanish Filipino
5= Danish
6= Anglo-Irish
7= Corsican
8= Sardinian
9= Caribbean Hispanic
10= Chinese
11= Bulgarian-Macedonian
12= Chewa
13= Mixtec
14= Mix of surrounding cultures
15= Assyrian
16= French
17= Maori/Aboriginal Australian
18= Pashtun
19= Somali
20= Egyptian
21= Romanian
22= Serbian
23= Croatian
24= Bosniak
25= Albanian
26= Hawaiian
Used to be a mod xx
Wiki Admin and Bureaucrat (for some reason)
User avatar
FPC
 
Posts: 731
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:14 am
Location: Scotland

Re: PARTICRACY CULTURE MAP CONSULTATION

Postby jamescfm » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:16 pm

I'm glad this has been cleared up, particularly regarding my own involvement. It should be absolutely clear that the initially proposed map which I drew up wasn't intended to be perfect or final. Where players have pointed out issues with the map (such as the inclusion of presence of Caucasian in Malivia), I have endeavoured to fix those. Similarly, where players feel that a newly introduced culture is, for whatever reason, inappropriate or unacceptable then I'm sure Moderation will agree that their argument will be heard. Inevitably, problems arise when certain players feel they have a personal right to determine the culture of a country and Moderation is the closest we have to a neutral arbiter in this regard.
User avatar
jamescfm
 
Posts: 1849
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:41 pm
Location: Up In The Sky

Re: PARTICRACY CULTURE MAP CONSULTATION

Postby Elf » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:19 pm

Three cheers for Moderation and our dear friend Jamescfm! :mrgreen:

May I suggest some form of recognition of the Seluco-Pontesians, on the coast of the Pontesian province of Bazileum? Selucians were mentioned in Pontesian lore way before I first joined the game in 2011, they where even said to be living in the former capital of Lerna.

I'd also restate that I think you should consider making Davostan a special place where fantasy-stuff etc. is allowed, as me and Reddy discussed back in the days. After all, it's always been a bit... "different". ;)

On top of that, I get the feeling that the Draddwyr are in risk of extinction with their removal from Dranland. I get why this is done, and it makes sense in the lore, but the Draddwyr are a pretty important part of the lore as well. If I where you, I would consider if Terra really needs another part-German country in Aloria, or if it would do better as entirely Welsh.

Thanks, and keep up the good work! :D
Shiny happy people holding hands
Shiny happy people holding hands
Shiny happy people laughing
User avatar
Elf
 
Posts: 223
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:01 am
Location: Kali Yuga

Re: PARTICRACY CULTURE MAP CONSULTATION

Postby Aethan » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:20 pm

I've always played with Selucia as a mix of the Antiquity by having both Roman and Greek cultures as stablished in both old and new Cultural Protocols. This would mean only one of them would be allowed?
In Marea - Civis Sinistram - Selucia
PT Wiki Admin

May the memory of the victims and the exemplary behavior of the people of Madrid during the attacks of March 11, 2004 always remain
Image
User avatar
Aethan
 
Posts: 462
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:59 am
Location: Selucia

Re: PARTICRACY CULTURE MAP CONSULTATION

Postby Elf » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:20 pm

Hmm... looks like the map has been resized into unintelligibleness... :(
Shiny happy people holding hands
Shiny happy people holding hands
Shiny happy people laughing
User avatar
Elf
 
Posts: 223
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:01 am
Location: Kali Yuga

Re: PARTICRACY CULTURE MAP CONSULTATION

Postby FPC » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:22 pm

Elf wrote:Hmm... looks like the map has been resized into unintelligibleness... :(


Yeah we figured if noone could read it... noone could dislike it lol
Used to be a mod xx
Wiki Admin and Bureaucrat (for some reason)
User avatar
FPC
 
Posts: 731
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:14 am
Location: Scotland

Re: PARTICRACY CULTURE MAP CONSULTATION

Postby FPC » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:23 pm

Aethan wrote:I've always played with Selucia as a mix of the Antiquity by having both Roman and Greek cultures as stablished in both old and new Cultural Protocols. This would mean only one of them would be allowed?


The map displays only the majority etnic groups in each region, minority groups would still be allowed following discussions with the RP team and moderation, however I cant imagine any opposition to you using Roman and Greek so I am sure you will be fine ;-)
Used to be a mod xx
Wiki Admin and Bureaucrat (for some reason)
User avatar
FPC
 
Posts: 731
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:14 am
Location: Scotland

Re: PARTICRACY CULTURE MAP CONSULTATION

Postby FPC » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:24 pm

Elf wrote:Three cheers for Moderation and our dear friend Jamescfm! :mrgreen:

May I suggest some form of recognition of the Seluco-Pontesians, on the coast of the Pontesian province of Bazileum? Selucians were mentioned in Pontesian lore way before I first joined the game in 2011, they where even said to be living in the former capital of Lerna.

I'd also restate that I think you should consider making Davostan a special place where fantasy-stuff etc. is allowed, as me and Reddy discussed back in the days. After all, it's always been a bit... "different". ;)

On top of that, I get the feeling that the Draddwyr are in risk of extinction with their removal from Dranland. I get why this is done, and it makes sense in the lore, but the Draddwyr are a pretty important part of the lore as well. If I where you, I would consider if Terra really needs another part-German country in Aloria, or if it would do better as entirely Welsh.

Thanks, and keep up the good work! :D



We can take a look at all your suggestions , regarding the Draddwyr we may be able to work them in somewhere if not we will ensure that they are significant minorities across the map.
Used to be a mod xx
Wiki Admin and Bureaucrat (for some reason)
User avatar
FPC
 
Posts: 731
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:14 am
Location: Scotland

Re: PARTICRACY CULTURE MAP CONSULTATION

Postby Elf » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:28 pm

FPC wrote:
Elf wrote:Three cheers for Moderation and our dear friend Jamescfm! :mrgreen:

May I suggest some form of recognition of the Seluco-Pontesians, on the coast of the Pontesian province of Bazileum? Selucians were mentioned in Pontesian lore way before I first joined the game in 2011, they where even said to be living in the former capital of Lerna.

I'd also restate that I think you should consider making Davostan a special place where fantasy-stuff etc. is allowed, as me and Reddy discussed back in the days. After all, it's always been a bit... "different". ;)

On top of that, I get the feeling that the Draddwyr are in risk of extinction with their removal from Dranland. I get why this is done, and it makes sense in the lore, but the Draddwyr are a pretty important part of the lore as well. If I where you, I would consider if Terra really needs another part-German country in Aloria, or if it would do better as entirely Welsh.

Thanks, and keep up the good work! :D



We can take a look at all your suggestions , regarding the Draddwyr we may be able to work them in somewhere if not we will ensure that they are significant minorities across the map.

Thanks! :)
Shiny happy people holding hands
Shiny happy people holding hands
Shiny happy people laughing
User avatar
Elf
 
Posts: 223
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:01 am
Location: Kali Yuga

Next

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests