Proposal cap too low?

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Proposal cap too low?

Postby House Spencer » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:04 pm

House Spencer

Re: Proposal cap too low?

Postby colonelvesica » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:18 pm

Well "uncompetitive" it's a meta game way of using game mechanics to encourage dictatorships... you can also deflate the amount of proposals you get pretty sure to one a year.

Unfortunately its within the game mechanics and not in breach of any rules that I'm aware of
The Last of his Name
colonelvesica

Postby House Spencer » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:46 am

They also set it up so elections are only 72 months, and they called an early election before I could get any vis to make sure I won no seats. I think they're hoping I just give up & leave :(.
House Spencer

Postby cm9777 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:05 am

Hey. I am the player in question. (And also a mod). It was a mistake on my end typing in the wrong number. Was meant to be a 7 not a 5. I did this because I felt there were too many bills being proposed and wanted to make sure we didn't end up in an omnibus situation.

It is within the game mechanics and the game rules however I understand it is not the nicest thing to do and did not intend to do this.

As for the early election, this was mainly due to me forgetting to put a Presidental Candidate in the original one so I called for one to get my candidate (the leader of the purple movement) into that position. Previously, that head of state role was filled by a character from an inactive party. This meant I could not do some of the necessary actions (mainly in foreign affairs).

It was never my intention to drive you away and make you give up in fact we could probably use more players in Jelbania for Rp Purposes.

Regards
cm9777

Postby Occam » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:25 pm

The rules allow this. But maybe, in the spirit of fair-play, the two of you could agree to hold early elections. Of course this would be voluntary, there is no way to force cm9777 to do this, since what he did is not against any rules.

Regards,
Occam
Permanently gone.
Occam

Postby House Spencer » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:04 pm

I made lots of legislation to get visibility, which is what I was told to do.

7 proposals a yr still feels not much, and 72 mths still feels a long time, but that's how the game is I suppose.
House Spencer

Postby Auditorii » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:17 pm

@House Spencer, glad you got this resolved! CM is great. You two can for sure chat about this.

Glad this has been answered and dealt with.
Image Dorvik | Image Zardugal | Image Ostland (FBC)
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby House Spencer » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:33 pm

Thanks! Yes I like him too, just not his party :p
House Spencer

Return to General