Situation regarding the disqualification of King Julien XIII

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Re: Situation regarding the disqualification of King Julien XIII

Postby Pragma » Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:32 pm

Let me just make this clear.

I explained that the reason the decision was made after the voting was closed is that CCP directed me in his stepping down to close the candidacy period and open the voting.

There was no conspiracy against this joke candidate, I made the decision and I don't apologise for deciding the head of world diplomacy ought to be serious.

The anger that had been caused by you is because you have called me mentally unstable, taken informal comments out of context and refused to open any kind of dialogue with me.

Why this occured has been explained to you, you have gotten me to resign and now you can go back to not caring at all about the World Congress :D
Currently playing in: Cildania

Image Vascanian Empire
Pragma

Postby soysauce » Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:42 pm

Also, Where's Moderation? Why the hell have I had to go on a rant about how stupid this is, while they could have just closed the thread and told everyone to fuck off?
soysauce

Postby Polites » Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:52 pm

Right, so, first off I have to apologize for my own lack of action in this. This whole discussion took a life of its own both here and on the Discord, with unnecessary accusations and insults flung left and right. I would expect people to maintain a minimum standard of respect without the need for Moderation to be closely involved. Still, I think we share part of the blame for not intervening in a timely manner.

Now on to issues of substance. I do not dispute the WCRC's decision to disqualify King Julien XIII or its decision not to hold a new election. The WCRC was fully within its authority to issue such rulings. The problem is the manner in which many of those opposed to this decision ganged up on Pragma, on the discord and here, with unfounded accusations and insults. In response Pragma did not act in the best manner and reacted in a not so helpful manner. This, and the resulting reactions, led to the current situation. Moderation is looking into the background of this dispute and we're considering whether any sanctions are in order.

In the meantime however this discussion has clearly gone on long enough and has stopped being productive long ago (if it was ever that). So we're locking this thread.
Polites

Previous

Return to General