Situation regarding the disqualification of King Julien XIII

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Re: Situation regarding the disqualification of King Julien XIII

Postby Aquinas » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:43 am

luis1p wrote:Nobody has been mistreated by the GRC or insulted.

I would rather not get into the details of this in public, but since the chairman of the GRC has made this statement, I feel this kind of compels me to point out that some GRC members handled the fall-out from the King Julien disqualification in a way that, shall we say, rather lacked sensitivity. This can be seen clearly from the log on Discord (mainly on # world-congress), and I urge GRC members to please carefully review that.

Also, whilst I am not in entire approval with some of HBulow's recent postings generally, I'm afraid I have to share her impression that Luis's responses on this thread on behalf of the GRC have been perhaps excessively brusque.

Additionally, at least from what I have seen, HBulow has not actually spoken all that much about the cancellation of the election, so it is not really fair to suggest she is unduly fixating on that. Her concern right now, like mine, seems to be more to do with how GRC members handled the aftermath.

I would really rather not get into a prolonged public discussion, so don't be surprised if I don't post any more after this. My basic point here is that there are "lessons to be learned" from this experience for the GRC. I am willing to talk in private if the GRC would like that.
Aquinas

Postby HBulow » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:21 am

Aquinas wrote:
luis1p wrote:Nobody has been mistreated by the GRC or insulted.

I would rather not get into the details of this in public, but since the chairman of the GRC has made this statement, I feel this kind of compels me to point out that some GRC members handled the fall-out from the King Julien disqualification in a way that, shall we say, rather lacked sensitivity. This can be seen clearly from the log on Discord (mainly on # world-congress), and I urge GRC members to please carefully review that.

Also, whilst I am not in entire approval with some of HBulow's recent postings generally, I'm afraid I have to share her impression that Luis's responses on this thread on behalf of the GRC have been perhaps excessively brusque.

Additionally, at least from what I have seen, HBulow has not actually spoken all that much about the cancellation of the election, so it is not really fair to suggest she is unduly fixating on that. Her concern right now, like mine, seems to be more to do with how GRC members handled the aftermath.

I would really rather not get into a prolonged public discussion, so don't be surprised if I don't post any more after this. My basic point here is that there are "lessons to be learned" from this experience for the GRC. I am willing to talk in private if the GRC would like that.

Than you Aquinas you are the fairest and most sensible person here but thhese people are not listening or even wanting to listen or be reasonable.
HBulow

Postby Luis1p » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:30 am

Aquinas wrote:
I would rather not get into the details of this in public, but since the chairman of the GRC has made this statement, I feel this kind of compels me to point out that some GRC members handled the fall-out from the King Julien disqualification in a way that, shall we say, rather lacked sensitivity.

The GRC faced instant backlash from many members of the community. Which, ultimately frustrated our members to the point of "lacking sensitivity". Also, we did not expect to get days worth of argument from our community members after this election. We are simply now trying to move on from this and continue with the game.

Aquinas wrote:I would really rather not get into a prolonged public discussion, so don't be surprised if I don't post any more after this. My basic point here is that there are "lessons to be learned" from this experience for the GRC. I am willing to talk in private if the GRC would like that.

We are obviously not repeating our decisions again. There are "lessons to be learned" I will tell you that. The GRC will do better on the October election to prevent any of this to happen again.
Luis1p

Postby soysauce » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:39 am

Can I suggest that everyone drinks a large cup of shut the fuck up?

You're seemingly intelligent people losing your shit over a sodding lemur. Don't you have more important things to be doing.

A decision didn't go your way, suck it up bitches....
soysauce

Postby HBulow » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:46 am

soysauce wrote:Can I suggest that everyone drinks a large cup of shut the fuck up?

You're seemingly intelligent people losing your shit over a sodding lemur. Don't you have more important things to be doing.

I want to say I really sincerely feel GRC-Moderation has created and encouraged this nasty, toxic culture of shouting down and dismissing people who dont toe the line conforming to their group views.
HBulow

Postby Luis1p » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:50 am

HBulow wrote:
soysauce wrote:Can I suggest that everyone drinks a large cup of shut the fuck up?

I want to say I really sincerely feel GRC-Moderation has created and encouraged this nasty, toxic culture of shouting down and dismissing people who dont toe the line conforming to their group views.

The GRC-Mods have not created this image. At all. If you do not conform with our decision, there is no need to align us with "nasty" or "toxic"
Luis1p

Postby soysauce » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:00 pm

HBulow wrote:

We're currently having a witch hunt against a game official for doing nothing more than trying to do their job. You've harassed one official to the point that they've resigned. I fear Luis probably won't want to stick around much longer either if you persist.

Perhaps you should realise that moderators and officials are giving up their time to help run the game. Without them, it all falls apart. Show them some respect, and don't crucify them over petty issues like this....
soysauce

Postby HBulow » Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:26 pm

soysauce wrote:
HBulow wrote:

We're currently having a witch hunt against a game official for doing nothing more than trying to do their job. You've harassed one official to the point that they've resigned. I fear Luis probably won't want to stick around much longer either if you persist.

Perhaps you should realise that moderators and officials are giving up their time to help run the game. Without them, it all falls apart. Show them some respect, and don't crucify them over petty issues like this....

Could you elaborate on this and explain where and how you think QV73 was "harassed"? I genuinely ask this because I've seen a number of instances where she's been disrespectful to others but none where she herself's been "harassed". The questions she faced from players were just normal standard questions. Her responses were not what you'd expect from someone of her status and position of responsibility.

Bearing no ill will to her, but I support her decision to resign. No disrespect but that position like seriously needs a really stable and diplomatic type personality. If theres anything we learnt from this I hope its that.
HBulow

Postby soysauce » Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:29 pm

Well, I thought that the huge outcry over a lemur being barred from election was evidence enough of the absurdity of this situation. Evidently I was wrong.

I don't know if you saw what happened on the discord but the outcry over this so-called crisis was excessive in the extreme. Without wanting to name and shame, several people acted in a pretty nasty way for no good reason. Hence I can understand why, regrettably, Pragma spoke to you in a way that perhaps could have been more courteous. In any case, being ever so slightly brusque, to use Aquinas's word for it, isn't a resigning matter. Considering the behaviour of other players involved in this matter I honestly don't think that what was said to you was even that bad.

Moderation and game officials aren't paid, they're ordinary players. And it's bloody impossible to run this game if every minor decision they take is put under this much scrutiny. It's ridiculous that a tiny decision like this has led to three pages in the forums, and hundreds of frankly venomous at times discord messages.

Sometimes decisions won't go your way, hell, if you want to try to make a lemur the leader of an international organisation you should probably expect that someone is gonna stop you on account of it being a fairly retarded idea. Accept it, move on, come up with some other schene to waste your time on....

And, at the end of the day, this is a game. Try not to take things so seriously.......
soysauce

Postby Occam » Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:17 pm

Permanently gone.
Occam

PreviousNext

Return to General