Roleplay Rule Change

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Roleplay Rule Change

Postby lewiselder1 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:16 pm

Hey, you may have noticed that a rule change has been made recently regarding RP Laws.

While previously, it read like this:

iii.An RP law must not contradict game mechanics or the game rules, or force users to act a certain way OOC. Additionally they cannot ban types of parties (without considerable RP justification) or users. RP Laws must also not force users to vote in a particular way.

It now reads:

iii.An RP law generally must not severely contradict game mechanics or the game rules, or force users to act a certain way OOC. Moderation has the right to decide what fits into this definition and what does not: exceptions can be made in various scenarios, especially when the conflict is minor (please contact a Moderator for advice). Additionally they cannot ban types of parties (without considerable RP justification) or users. RP Laws must also not force users to vote in a particular way.

While we understand that you may be unhappy that there was no consultation, this is merely a temporary rewording of the rules to ensure clarity regarding our interpretation of them. There is no significant change in the way we will be judging specific laws or how we enforce them, so we didn't feel a consultation was necessary. This is instead merely a rewording, so please don't feel that we're attempting to change the rules' implementation!

More changes regarding the RP law rules will be coming in our forthcoming rules redraft.
I go by Ashley now and use she/her pronouns. This is a really old account, I don’t play now.

I was a mod in classic for a bit, then I helped make Marcapada and WM there for a while. As of 2020 I’m co-ordinating Pachapay’s development.
lewiselder1

Return to General