How to update names of current ministries?

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

How to update names of current ministries?

Postby darkGreenParty » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:13 pm

I intend to retire one of my characters, who is currently the Head of Government of my country. What I want is to change the name of the people who holds this office. I already changed the name in the designed slot in the party page.

I tried to click to resign a lesser position in a previous cabinet, but this only resulted in a vacant ministry.

Is it possible to change the name of a current ministry without voting again the entire cabinet?
-Francisco Salazar de Oliveira Garcia, Chairman of the Dark Green Party of Tukarali
Dark Green Party (Tukarali)
darkGreenParty

Re: How to update names of current ministries?

Postby Aquinas » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:39 pm

darkGreenParty wrote:I intend to retire one of my characters, who is currently the Head of Government of my country. What I want is to change the name of the people who holds this office. I already changed the name in the designed slot in the party page.

I tried to click to resign a lesser position in a previous cabinet, but this only resulted in a vacant ministry.

Is it possible to change the name of a current ministry without voting again the entire cabinet?

To update the Cabinet list, you would need to pass a new Cabinet bill. This is a bit of a hassle, although on the positive side, Cabinet bills will pass the next month as soon as all of the required votes are in.

BTW the previous edition of the rules included this:

21.5 By default, the Head of Government is the ultimate figure of authority in the Cabinet/government. By convention, Heads of Government are expected to consult with and gain the approval of Cabinet colleagues (including those from other parties) for their actions, but they remain ultimately responsible for what the government does. Cabinet Ministers who disagree seriously enough with the Head of Government would usually be expected to resign, although of course their respective parties can manoeuvre to replace the Head of Government by proposing a new Cabinet bill or triggering an early election.

21.5.1 The Head of Government may dismiss a Cabinet Minister and replace them with a chosen temporary replacement. In practical terms it may not always be possible to arrange this through the game mechanics, but the dismissal and replacement will be recognised under the Game Rules if the player controlling the Head of Government simply puts forward a bill, announcing the change.

Obviously this is not in the current rule set, though, so I could not comment on how Moderation would see any of this now.
Aquinas

Re: How to update names of current ministries?

Postby darkGreenParty » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:19 am

Ok, thanks, I think I'll wait until the next election and see if a new cabinet is proposed. I'll not propose a new cabinet just to change a RP character
-Francisco Salazar de Oliveira Garcia, Chairman of the Dark Green Party of Tukarali
Dark Green Party (Tukarali)
darkGreenParty

Return to General