Rigging the Vote

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Rigging the Vote

Postby LobbyingIntern » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:17 am

Alright. I am trying to build a one-party state in Hulstaria and Gao-Soto and I am trying to keep any opposition from coming into power.
http://classic.particracy.net/viewnatio ... ationid=54

My party is on the scale of political positions, extreme big government, leaning secularist, and restrictive-leaning on civil rights.

I will be running against a conservative opposition party in the next election. The current voting system is equal representation.
Should I change the voting system to a pseudo-logarithmic which favours big cities or should I use an algorithm to favour rural district?
"Hang a map of a place you'll never go on your living room wall. Draw new streets. Tear off bodies of water. Wait for news crews to arrive." So said a mad Nightvalian.
LobbyingIntern

Re: Rigging the Vote

Postby cm9777 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:26 am

LobbyingIntern wrote:Alright. I am trying to build a one-party state in Hulstaria and Gao-Soto and I am trying to keep any opposition from coming into power.
http://classic.particracy.net/viewnatio ... ationid=54

My party is on the scale of political positions, extreme big government, leaning secularist, and restrictive-leaning on civil rights.

I will be running against a conservative opposition party in the next election. The current voting system is equal representation.
Should I change the voting system to a pseudo-logarithmic which favours big cities or should I use an algorithm to favour rural district?

It’s really up to you and depends on which regions your party is strongest in. The election mechanics are incomplete and as such it won’t have much of an effect on the results generally.

To set up a one party state you could pass an rp law with a 2/3 majority which would ban all other parties and force other players to play as factions of your one. (Eg. People’s Party- Liberal Faction) However note that you cannot force players to vote on bills a certain way. If you want more details just let me or another moderator know.
cm9777

Return to General