How to interpret "Cumulative Seats History" graph?

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

How to interpret "Cumulative Seats History" graph?

Postby bobleponge » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:26 am

Hello everyone,

This is something that has been bugging me. Under the "National Graph" section on my Party Overview page, it reads:

"This graph shows the share of seats the party achieved in each election in the entire legislature, together with the share of other parties."

and shows this graph:

The y-axis goes from 0 to 100. I guess this is the percentage of seats each party has in the parliament/congress? But the x-axis counts by intervals of 2,500 and goes up to 30,000. But what do these numbers represent? Seats in parliament ?

From my party page, it looks like my party (in brown) starts at roughly 40-60 (y-axis) on 0 (x-axis), at one point narrows to 25-34 (y-axis) on 1,000 (x-axis) and ends at 0-22 (y-axis) on 3,000 (x-axis).

I have no idea what these numbers are supposed to mean or represent. Can anyone help me out here?
bobleponge

Re: How to interpret "Cumulative Seats History" graph?

Postby Auditorii » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:53 pm

It's very simple. Don't.

It's completely borked, as per Wouter.
Image Dorvik | Image Zardugal | Image Ostland (FBC)
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Re: How to interpret "Cumulative Seats History" graph?

Postby Aquinas » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:32 pm

When the game was originally released, the Cumulative Seats History graph "made sense", but the game has been running for so long now, with so many different parties with different colours, and with parties changing their colours from time to time, that at best, it now resembles an interesting piece of abstract art. Or at worst, a confusing mess which rather hurts your eyes if you try to study it for too long ;).
Aquinas

Return to General