GRC Economic and Military Rankings

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Re: GRC Economic and Military Period (COMMENT PERIOD)

Postby Zanz » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:16 pm

Luis1p wrote:Several players raised questions regarding GRC members who play or have played in nations which opt-out of the Global Role Play Accords. Some players specifically pointed to CCPs role as a prominent player in Hawu Mumenhes (which is currently opted-out of the GRA) while simultaneously serving as a prominent member of the GRC.
This question has been raised by a small number of players in the past. FIrst, it's important to keep in mind that Game Rules do not currently require GRC members to confine their game play to GRA-affiliated nations. Additionally, moderation hand-picked or approved every member of the GRC including CCP. So there has been no violation of the rules and moderation has observed no malice or purposeful unfairness within the GRC when compiling the Rankings.
However, because this question has been raised before, moderation did discuss this issue with CCP to sound out his views. CCP addressed this issue publicly in a non-GRC capacity here (http://forum.particracy.net/viewtopic.php?p=135692#p135692), and his reply to moderation questions on the issue were substantially the same as seen in the link.
Since that time, the GRC has taken the decision to move in the direction of a more transparent Rankings process which has been discussed in this thread. In response to player questions during this consultation, moderation queried CCP's views given the impending change. CCP responded that while he currently does not play in Hawu Mumenhes or any opted-out nation, he would support returning that nation to the GRA if he were a playing there due upcoming changes to the Rankings process.
Finally, this should not be taken to mean that any rules have been changed or violated. Any changes to the GRA opt-out process would be handled by moderation through a separate rules change announcement. This is simply provided as an answer to several players who have raised questions about this

Is this supposed to be CCP's response to the questions which he specifically was asked to answer, which he stated on Discord he'd do yesterday evening when he closed the ranking consultation, or is this a response from you, Luis? If the latter, the rest of my response is irrelevant.

If the former, to summarize my thoughts... "what?" I'm supposed to read through a wall of rambling text made in *June* which Luis states was written "in a non-GRC capacity", tease out answers to a few specific questions from this thread from a post otherwise caught up in the weird and non-binding (political protocols), and just be cool with that as the final say on the matter?

No thanks.

Here's my questions for CCP:
  • Why should we as players put any stock in the Rankings compiled by a person who specifically does not want his own nation to be ranked among those rankings, as far as I can tell, because he is angry that his own nation is not regarded as a world power like he sees it to be, personally?
  • Why did the many GRC members just acquiesce to Hawu being upranked (seemingly without question) simply because CCP suggested it should be? It was only after this consultation that Hawu was dropped back down.
  • Do you believe that the player base can and should trust a GRC member (much less a GRC chair) who can't bend his own will to the consensus of the community enough to participate in the one thing (the Rankings) which the GRC is really responsible for creating? Put another way, if you're too touchy to play along by the rules on the playground, why should we let you be in charge of the rule changes?
  • More personally, why have you refused to respond personally to the questions we've put forth to you? You've been active on the Discord, changed your forum signature, posted in the Moderation forum making demands about the GRC, but not said a word in here despite being Chair of the GRC and having several days to collect your thoughts. What gives?
Just a bunch of shit.
Zanz

Postby CCP » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:45 pm

Zanz wrote:[*]More personally, why have you refused to respond personally to the questions we've put forth to you? You've been active on the Discord, changed your forum signature, posted in the Moderation forum making demands about the GRC, but not said a word in here despite being Chair of the GRC and having several days to collect your thoughts. What gives?[/list]

I'll address this one just for clarity. The others have been addressed or would more appropriately be addressed by Luis.

I haven't posted in this Rankings Consultation because GRC made a policy of having one GRC member -- the GRC Chair -- speak for GRC during Consultations and other public discussions with players. The "spokesman" role so to speak was actually one big reason the GRC Chair position was created.

Two or Three GRC members have violated that policy during this Consultation which may have given the impression that those of us not posting are ignoring the thread and players. I assure you and everyone else that such an impression would be incorrect: I along with other GRC members have followed this thread closely throughout the Consultation and have been in regular contact with one another to help address player questions and concerns.

As to the other questions, to avoid more cooks in the kitchen, Luis can decide how to address them.

If there is a decision to split out the opt-out discussion into a different thread as James suggested (which I support), I'd be open to participating in any discussion there.
Global Roleplay Committee Chair(until March 2019)
Ity ꜣḥwt xꜣdt, Hawu Mumenhes
Movement for Radical Libertarianism, Talmoria
Enarekh Koinonia, Cobura
Sizwe Esintsundu Amandla Inhlangano, Ibutho
Christian Communalist Party, Rildanor
CCP

Postby Aquinas » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:12 pm

CCP wrote:I haven't posted in this Rankings Consultation because GRC made a policy of having one GRC member -- the GRC Chair -- speak for GRC during Consultations and other public discussions with players. The "spokesman" role so to speak was actually one big reason the GRC Chair position was created.

Two or Three GRC members have violated that policy during this Consultation which may have given the impression that those of us not posting are ignoring the thread and players. I assure you and everyone else that such an impression would be incorrect: I along with other GRC members have followed this thread closely throughout the Consultation and have been in regular contact with one another to help address player questions and concerns.

If Luis is really meant to be the only GRC member commenting on this thread, then I am puzzled as to why, when I queried New Alduria's rankings, Luis made some vague/bland comments that gave no real explanation, then said "Vesica can give you more details if you are not so convinced". This, despite the fact Vesica is not only a GRC member, but also has an obvious potential perceived conflict of interest on the issue, due to him being New Alduria's controller.

(I add that neither Luis nor Vesica have made any attempt to explain the New Alduria situation, despite several requests for one, but by this point I've pretty much given up on the matter...).

jamescfm wrote:I would suggest that this thread should be split off from the rankings consultation at your previous message Luis since we have clearly moved beyond discussion of the rankings themselves and onto a broader issue (though it does relate to the rankings). In my opinion, this response is not sufficient for a few reasons and I'm going to attempt to outline those reasons without getting into an essay war.

Let's move away from framing this as an abstract discussions and recognise that the concern is specifically related to CCP's role in the rankings and more generally in the Global Role-Play Committee. My initial concern was stated clearly earlier in the thread; it is that the legitimacy of the rankings and of the Committee is undermined when you have members involved who fundamentally don't believe in their purpose. It seems Zanz shares that view and I feel that Aqunias probably has similar concerns, though I encourage both to correct me if I am misrepresenting them. Since I voiced those concerns, CCP has been appointed as the Chair of the GRC according to the Register and that means that those concerns become pressing as he will be in a position of increased responsibility.

I just popped onto Discord, and was alarmed to see CCP talking about resigning "if Moderation is unhappy with the situation". I want to make clear this is not remotely what I want. To briefly summarise what I am asking for with regards to the CCP situation:

1. As I explained elsewhere, without intending any disrespect, I would like a simple assurance from CCP that he is doing the GRC Chair role because he wants to do it and, so far as he can reasonably foresee at present, he expects to have the time/energy to do it.

2. I make no criticism of CCP for opposing the rankings process and opting Hawu out of the RP Accord. He is entitled to his own judgement so far as all of that is concerned. However, if this is his position, then I think it would be best for the credibility of the RP Accord and the rankings that in future, he should not be involved with either of them in his capacity as a GRC member. I don't think this should mean him having to stand down from the GRC, however. The GRC is about far more than just the rankings and the RP Accord (or at least it should be...).
Aquinas

Re: GRC Economic and Military Rankings

Postby Leo Basu » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:39 pm

when will the new ranking come as i am waiting
BK
Leo Basu

Postby Auditorii » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:11 am

Leo Basu wrote:when will the new ranking come as i am waiting

New rankings are posted every four months, a new ranking should be coming out in March.
Image Dorvik | Image Zardugal | Image Ostland (FBC)
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby LesRouges » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:29 pm

I'm assuming new ones will be coming soon (scheduled March 5th)? :)
LesRouges

Previous

Return to General