Keymon Cultural Protocol Discussion

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Re: Keymon Cultural Protocol Discussion

Postby Polites » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:38 am

Aquinas wrote:
Polites wrote:Alternatively, you could more easily change the culture by nudging the current Cultural Protocol in your preferred direction. You could redefine Klavians as Latin-speaking Mestizos, for instance, and in a future update replace Latin with Spanish or Portuguese, or even keep Latin and make Keymon a sort of Roman-colonized Caribbean. Since IG the Roman Empire was a 19th century colonial empire.

Full marks for creativity, but this is a bit esoteric, and I am not sure as to how much player interest this would generate. I would be inclined to recommend something simpler and more easier to identify with.

That's fair. Though I think that if the culture itself is accessible it doesn't matter that much if it's an unusual language, provided the language is also accessible. I dunno, this is just a suggestion.
Polites

Postby Yolo04 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:06 am

How about a Swiss culture in Keymon. It makes sense geographically as Artania is supposed to be European and it’s a unique culture no one is currently doing
List of Parties:
Image Keymon, Four Pillars Party (MQP): ACTIVE

Dankuk, Hwanghu Dang Party (4613): INACTIVE
Yolo04

Location: West Virginia, USA (haha country roads jokes are so funny)

Postby jamescfm » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:31 am

You’d have trouble explaining Italians and French. Artania only really contains Germanic and Celtic peoples of Europe.
jamescfm

Postby Yolo04 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:41 pm

jamescfm wrote:You’d have trouble explaining Italians and French. Artania only really contains Germanic and Celtic peoples of Europe.

At this point, I don’t really wish for a severely realistic Cultural Protocols. I thought about Swiss culture due to Keymon geography and due to the possible enjoyable RP coming from a Swiss culture
List of Parties:

Yolo04

Postby jamescfm » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:43 pm

Yolo04 wrote:At this point, I don’t really wish for a severely realistic Cultural Protocols. I thought about Swiss culture due to Keymon geography and due to the possible enjoyable RP coming from a Swiss culture

Just expressing my thoughts. Of all the proposals so far, I think perhaps Polites' Latin Caribbean is my favourite and could allow for some unique diversity.
jamescfm

Postby Yolo04 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:45 pm

jamescfm wrote:
Yolo04 wrote:At this point, I don’t really wish for a severely realistic Cultural Protocols. I thought about Swiss culture due to Keymon geography and due to the possible enjoyable RP coming from a Swiss culture

Just expressing my thoughts. Of all the proposals so far, I think perhaps Polites' Latin Caribbean is my favourite and could allow for some unique diversity.

I am in favor of either a Latin-Caribbean or Swiss culture.
List of Parties:

Yolo04

Previous

Return to General