GRC Economic and Military Rankings (March, 2019)

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Re: GRC Economic and Military Rankings (March, 2019)

Postby Auditorii » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:19 pm

We've revised some of the rankings as per internal discussions and some revised information. Please note that during the "Consultation" period the changes are subject to both GRC change down and up; this rankings are not yet binding yet and players should not RP until March 14th regarding their new status or increase their power, projection or economy.

Third World information will come at a later point as we are discussing internally what best to do with several Third World nations.
Image Dorvik | Image Zardugal | Image Ostland (FBC)
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby Yolo04 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:33 pm

Why was Keymon demoted militarily from regional power back to middle power?
List of Parties:
Image Keymon, Four Pillars Party (MQP): ACTIVE

Dankuk, Hwanghu Dang Party (4613): INACTIVE
Yolo04

Location: West Virginia, USA (haha country roads jokes are so funny)

Postby Auditorii » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:45 pm

Yolo04 wrote:Why was Keymon demoted militarily from regional power back to middle power?

We've looked at the quality of RP, some issues related to "over-extension" in regards to military and security based RP (including in-game functions such as defense spending and internal affairs spending). While I understand that it might come as a shock, we have also factored in the realism placed around an island becoming a regional power and decided that in order to keep realism, that would be enforced.
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby Yolo04 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:46 pm

Auditorii wrote:
Yolo04 wrote:Why was Keymon demoted militarily from regional power back to middle power?

We've looked at the quality of RP, some issues related to "over-extension" in regards to military and security based RP (including in-game functions such as defense spending and internal affairs spending). While I understand that it might come as a shock, we have also factored in the realism placed around an island becoming a regional power and decided that in order to keep realism, that would be enforced.

I thought that since budgets were broken, budgets wouldn’t be taken into account by the GRC. Island nations can be regional powers, Japan and the UK are the first examples that come to mind. Is this confirmation that Keymon is capped at the middle power status militarily?
Last edited by Yolo04 on Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
List of Parties:

Yolo04

Postby Aquinas » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:32 am

I would like to raise some points about the downgrading of Malivia's military power status from "Middle"/"Average" to "Small"/"Weak".

It would be fair to say that during the current rankings period (ie. November until now) there has been little in the way of specific or detailed military RP in Malivia. It seems plausible that this is the reasoning, or at least part of the reasoning, for why Malivia's military power status has been downgraded.

The argument I am going to put forward is that although there has not been much military RP, there has most definitely been both domestic and international RP with Malivia, and that if this is taken into account, it begins to look unlikely that the Malivian government would allow its military forces to stagnate.

Domestically, there have been violent clashes between Gerajans and Hosians, there have been terrorist attacks by cow vigilantes and there have been huge, destructive anti-government riots. This can be seen chronicled in Malivia's news threads, in our in-game nation message-board and in some in-game bill debates, such as here and here. Against this background, realistically, it is unlikely that the government would neglect its military, given that the military is its ultimate means of holding onto power.

In terms of international RP, for about the last RL month Malivia has been pressing its controversial claim to sovereignty over Selucia ("the Malivy Islands"). Again, against this background, realistically, it is unlikely the government would neglect its military. Whilst actual military RP may be lacking, it would be a reasonable presumption that, if anything, Malivia is beefing up its defence force (and in particular, its navy) rather than scaling it down.

As can be seen in RP on the forum and in-game, Malivia's domestic and international RP has been acknowledged and responded to not only in Malivia, but also by players in other nations as well.

Furthermore, I would make the point that Malivia's economic and military rankings were both downgraded during the last rankings review back in November. I am not suggesting there is anything wrong with downgrading a nation's military ranking twice in succession, but I am suggesting that if this is to be done, then there really ought to be a clear and strong case for doing so.
Aquinas

Postby Auditorii » Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:54 am

Aquinas wrote:I would like to raise some points about the downgrading of Malivia's military power status from "Middle"/"Average" to "Small"/"Weak".

It would be fair to say that during the current rankings period (ie. November until now) there has been little in the way of specific or detailed military RP in Malivia. It seems plausible that this is the reasoning, or at least part of the reasoning, for why Malivia's military power status has been downgraded.

The argument I am going to put forward is that although there has not been much military RP, there has most definitely been both domestic and international RP with Malivia, and that if this is taken into account, it begins to look unlikely that the Malivian government would allow its military forces to stagnate.

Domestically, there have been violent clashes between Gerajans and Hosians, there have been terrorist attacks by cow vigilantes and there have been huge, destructive anti-government riots. This can be seen chronicled in Malivia's news threads, in our in-game nation message-board and in some in-game bill debates, such as here and here. Against this background, realistically, it is unlikely that the government would neglect its military, given that the military is its ultimate means of holding onto power.

In terms of international RP, for about the last RL month Malivia has been pressing its controversial claim to sovereignty over Selucia ("the Malivy Islands"). Again, against this background, realistically, it is unlikely the government would neglect its military. Whilst actual military RP may be lacking, it would be a reasonable presumption that, if anything, Malivia is beefing up its defence force (and in particular, its navy) rather than scaling it down.

As can be seen in RP on the forum and in-game, Malivia's domestic and international RP has been acknowledged and responded to not only in Malivia, but also by players in other nations as well.

Furthermore, I would make the point that Malivia's economic and military rankings were both downgraded during the last rankings review back in November. I am not suggesting there is anything wrong with downgrading a nation's military ranking twice in succession, but I am suggesting that if this is to be done, then there really ought to be a clear and strong case for doing so.

Malivia is one of the ones on the short list to be reviewed due to me finally having sometime to sit down and continue to go through news posts, recent happenings etc; this information has indeed helped.
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby Auditorii » Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:55 am

Yolo04 wrote:
Auditorii wrote:

I thought that since budgets were broken, budgets wouldn’t be taken into account by the GRC. Island nations can be regional powers, Japan and the UK are the first examples that come to mind. Is this confirmation that Keymon is capped at the middle power status militarily?

Budgets are taken into account but not as heavily weighed due to the functionality missing. For reference, a country that has implied spending some 75% on defense could be considered to have some effects of such spending. As of right now, Keymon will remain a little power and we'll continue to review its status.
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby Yolo04 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:40 am

Budgets are taken into account but not as heavily weighed due to the functionality missing. For reference, a country that has implied spending some 75% on defense could be considered to have some effects of such spending. As of right now, Keymon will remain a little power and we'll continue to review its status.

Little power? I thought Keymon was a middle power?
Last edited by Yolo04 on Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
List of Parties:

Yolo04

Postby ChengherRares1 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:22 pm

Do not forget to review Gao-Soto as well. Just saying. Else, we are thanked by the status and is only fair.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=7531&start=1250#p147258
You can start checking news from here. So you do not have to search too much.
Gabriel Boțan, oldie
Home nations:
Lodamun - main
Kizenia
Rutania

Lodamun above all!
ChengherRares1

Postby jamescfm » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:14 pm

Few queries:
  • Why are there so many small powers?
  • What's up with the formatting of these posts?
  • Who controls "PTGameInfo" and why not have some transparency by using their named account?
jamescfm

PreviousNext

Return to General