Recent goings-on

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Re: Recent goings-on

Postby thefalloutfan101 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:27 am

I retract my previous statements of it being such things.
Active in: New Verham (Primary Controller)

Current Member of the Roleplay Committee

"One may become a demagogue out of sheer political innocence." - Vladimir Lenin
thefalloutfan101

Location: Baatrynsentii, New Verham (IC) Florida, United States (OOC)

Postby soysauce » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:29 am

thefalloutfan101 wrote:I retract my previous statements of it being such things.

Thank you
soysauce

Postby thefalloutfan101 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:46 am

You are wholly welcome.

thefalloutfan101

Postby Auditorii » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:50 am

It was not brought to my attention that CRCs were abolished entirely. Perhaps that is my fault for not reading the General Discussion thread every once in awhile, and if it is, then I accept it wholly. I could do that when I was a private player, but now that I have assumed Chair it will be a firm commitment to check non-roleplay threads and respond to players concerns promptly, but I digress. My thoughts on CRCs are somewhat similar to that of Mr. God's. It is true (at least in my experience prior) that there was limited discussion between players and their respective CRCs, leading to an overall ineffectiveness in terms of cooperation and being a driver for, well, continental roleplay. It would be better on the player to ask questions straight from the source.

So you share the thoughts of it being ineffective and "stupid", yet you are open about bringing it back? It's quite troubling that you didn't even know that the role had been abolished when it was pretty openly known. What changes would you make to the CRC system? You were apart of that very system and I remember that you did nothing time and time again when you were asked by several chairs. What changed? Did you all the sudden have some revelation about service to the community?

On the final point of answering requests on time and providing clarification, Moderation should be certainly be given a push to be more prompt in their answers, but we must remember that they are human beings with their own personal lives and occupations, which may sometimes take up more of their time than particracy. We must also remember that there are unfortunately only two of them on staff, so as such some delays are to be expected. On giving public consultations to rule changes that should be a given right to the players, and it would be the best interest if Moderation returns to this policy.

You understand that the latest rules revision was done at the behest of Mr. God who cited that consultations were stupid and "things were going to change" in regards to the interaction between Moderators and the player base. Are you stating that you openly oppose the way Moderation handled the previous consultations and are you stating that you will act in the best interest of players on pushing Moderation to hold open consultations on rule changes?

The World Congress is in need of staffing, that much is certain. Moderation and myself have plans that we are actively deliberating on and will make their results public sometime in the coming days.

That's incredibly vague. My reforms more or less removed the need for Moderator-based interaction with the World Congress for the better. With the obvious biased nature of one Moderator I do not feel that Moderation should any say in the "changes" to the World Congress. Its blatantly obvious that the World Congress underneath my tenure was far smoother, while not as active but that was due to the PT Alpha exodus, and things got done. What changes are you proposing to the easily one of the most effective systems to date?
Image Dorvik | Image Zardugal | Image Ostland (FBC)
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby Yolo04 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:47 am

I have one major concern and that is transparency. How can we guarantee that biases and political beliefs do not get in the way of fair and balanced RP? I’d like to know how Chloe(falloutfan101) intends to guarantee that her/his own personal biases do not effect the GRC’s decision making capabilities. I’d like to request this from all members of the GRC, but since Chloe is the one being discussed, we’ll stick to her/him for now.
List of Parties:
Image Keymon, Four Pillars Party (MQP): ACTIVE

Dankuk, Hwanghu Dang Party (4613): INACTIVE
Yolo04

Location: West Virginia, USA (haha country roads jokes are so funny)

Postby thefalloutfan101 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:29 am

So you share the thoughts of it being ineffective and "stupid", yet you are open about bringing it back? It's quite troubling that you didn't even know that the role had been abolished when it was pretty openly known. What changes would you make to the CRC system? You were apart of that very system and I remember that you did nothing time and time again when you were asked by several chairs. What changed? Did you all the sudden have some revelation about service to the community?

I did not directly state that I was "open" for the return of the CRC system. Once again, my thoughts on it are much the same as Mr. God's. Over some time today when I was left to contemplate I have developed some ideas that I will consult with moderation over. They are certainly unorthodox, but I feel that they will allow for the openness and transparency that players have been demanding for some time. It's abolition may have been open knowledge to many, but sometimes life gets in the way. If I'm going to be honest, currently I'm trying to juggle earning my permanent driving license and searching for employment. When I was a CRC, some of that "doing nothing" was ultimately through indirect disruptions. At the time, I was having to deal with more than I am currently. Since then, I've either eased or eliminated the things that were unintentionally removing me from doing my duties, allowing me to better throw myself into the role now.

You understand that the latest rules revision was done at the behest of Mr. God who cited that consultations were stupid and "things were going to change" in regards to the interaction between Moderators and the player base. Are you stating that you openly oppose the way Moderation handled the previous consultations and are you stating that you will act in the best interest of players on pushing Moderation to hold open consultations on rule changes?

It is certainly disappointing that consultations, a key part of transparency were done away with by Mr. God himself. I currently share an excellent relationship with Mr. God, but that action was quite distasteful. I believe that it is my first duty to work for the best interests of players and bring consultations back, but with some unorthodox methods that I believe will generate more efficiency. As I stated in the first post in this thread, administration has equal powers and no one has more leverage over the other. Bluntly—I will fight like hell for the best interest of players.

That's incredibly vague. My reforms more or less removed the need for Moderator-based interaction with the World Congress for the better. With the obvious biased nature of one Moderator I do not feel that Moderation should any say in the "changes" to the World Congress. Its blatantly obvious that the World Congress underneath my tenure was far smoother, while not as active but that was due to the PT Alpha exodus, and things got done. What changes are you proposing to the easily one of the most effective systems to date?

You are indeed absolutely correct. That is vague and I apologize for that. What I meant by that comment is that I will likely consult with moderation over the appointment for the position of World Congress Coordinator, which is likely as far as their cooperation will reach. That sentence was poorly worded, I'll give you that. I do agree with you that your reforms resulted in an incredibly smooth system of presiding over the World Congress. Whenever I would glance at its various threads I honestly was impressed at its efficiency. As such, I'll make certain that your reforms are kept untouched.

I have one major concern and that is transparency. How can we guarantee that biases and political beliefs do not get in the way of fair and balanced RP? I’d like to know how Elizabeth (thefalloutfan101) intends to guarantee that her/his own personal biases do not effect the GRC’s decision making capabilities. I’d like to request this from all members of the GRC, but since Elizabeth is the one being discussed, we’ll stick to her/him for now.
(Edited your quote for up-to-date discord info, I'm Elizabeth II now)

On your comments Yolo, I can guarantee you that political bias will not be a part of the GRC. My own political beliefs are quite radical but in no way would I factor them into my administrative duties. Allowing neutrality in a role such as this is simply common sense. Also, to my knowledge, Luis and Farsun were the only two remaining members of the GRC, leaving myself as the sole proprietor of the entire body at the current moment, which will hopefully change.

thefalloutfan101

Previous

Return to General