Recent goings-on

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Recent goings-on

Postby thefalloutfan101 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:30 pm

As I'm sure all of you know by now, I have been made Chair of the Global Roleplay Commitee. Yes, I understand completely that there wasn't any application process to this prior, but the resignations of both Luis and Farsun resulted in an emergency situation essentially. Let me make one thing clear: I apologize sincerely for my previous time in the GRC, in which I didn't contribute to anything during my tenure as the CRC for Seleya. Now that I have assumed the single most important post in the community, I shall strive to commit to the office's duties to the most best of my abilities. Now, with those things out of the way, I would like to voice my opinions on the recent goings-on. Let it be known that I wish for no hard feelings to the persons who I give my opinions on for this post, and I graciously thank both Farsun and Luis's words of encouragement they gave to me in their statements of resignation.

It is extremely disappointing to see the GRC's most prominent and dutiful members resign over simple disagreements over the decisions of moderation. Administrative staff is equal in their powers, and neither is above the other. Ultimately the decisions of moderation are their own and should be respected as such. Yes, I wholly agree that the topic of Luis and Farsun's resignations, which was justification for the banning of parties should've had more justification to precede it. I will not name players or the nations they play in out of respect for them. I gave both players examples of my own justification that I had given for the banning of certain parties, of which I established over two real life weeks worth of. Now, their justification didn't necessarily have to be as long as my own, but it should've been longer than three posts for one nation and one single post for another.

Regarding the claims of "cronyism" and "favoritism" being ripe as discussed in the discord, I have not seen anything personally of the sort. Such accusations are both unprofessional but shameful, and have no place towards staff. The claims of persons who aren't part of the ruling clique being the "enemy" are also extremely distasteful. I could list more, but I wish to keep amicable relationships with those who stated them. In regards to the reforms proposed by Farsun, I do express interest in their implementation, most notably the inclusion of a resource map, which could serve as an excellent way to cut down on possible godmodding in regards to natural resource oriented economic roleplay.

In short, the tasks that have been mounted before me are no short of imposing. But I shall meet their challenges directly and with optimism. I will commit to righting the wrongs of my previous tenure in the Global Roleplay Committee and strive to construct a new face to it—One of reform, one of engagement, and one of new blood. I am graciously thankful to have assumed this post and anxiously await working with my fellow players.
Active in: New Verham (Primary Controller)

Current Member of the Roleplay Committee

"One may become a demagogue out of sheer political innocence." - Vladimir Lenin
thefalloutfan101

Location: Baatrynsentii, New Verham (IC) Florida, United States (OOC)

Re: Recent goings-on

Postby Auditorii » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:40 pm

Great to hear, so you're naturally going to temporarily take over the GRC, provide a proper application process and then step down when a brand new, properly vetted team is appointed correct?
Image Dorvik | Image Zardugal | Image Ostland (FBC)
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby thefalloutfan101 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:48 pm

Contrary to that, I seek to right wrongs by proving myself as a capable leader and Chair of the Global Roleplay Committee. As such, I would pursue the continued leadership of the GRC even after a new team of CRCs and World Congress Coordinators have been established.

thefalloutfan101

Postby Auditorii » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:54 pm

thefalloutfan101 wrote:Contrary to that, I seek to right wrongs by proving myself as a capable leader and Chair of the Global Roleplay Committee. As such, I would pursue the continued leadership of the GRC even after a new team of CRCs and World Congress Coordinators have been established.

You're implying that you're going to return to the CRC structure even after Mr.God personally terminated the program as a whole and noted that it was ineffective and stupid? That's an interesting development.

Does this mean you're going to create multiple positions for the World Congress? What is your intention on keeping current rules and policies in place? Do you intend to replace them?

What about pushing Moderation for a more transparent and open process for appointing GRC members?

What about pushing Moderation to make a better effort to answer requests on time, to clarify their exact standing and provide public consultations on rule changes?
Image Dorvik | Image Zardugal | Image Ostland (FBC)
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby Aquinas » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:34 pm

I'm not up to speed with all of the recent goings-on because I'm travelling and I've been busy and, for example, I can't get Discord to work on this crappy mobile phone at the moment. But without "taking sides", I'd like to wish thefalloutfan the best of luck with his new GRC role. Be your own person and do your best. You're coming in at a difficult time, a lot of stuff needs sorting out and the learning curve is going to be steep, but if you stick at it, you can make a difference.
Aquinas

Postby soysauce » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:00 pm

egarding the claims of "cronyism" and "favoritism" being ripe as discussed in the discord, I have not seen anything personally of the sort. Such accusations are both unprofessional but shameful,

So if you didn't see it, it didn't happen?
soysauce

Postby thefalloutfan101 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:03 am

Regarding both Farsun and Soy's comments—

It was not brought to my attention that CRCs were abolished entirely. Perhaps that is my fault for not reading the General Discussion thread every once in awhile, and if it is, then I accept it wholly. I could do that when I was a private player, but now that I have assumed Chair it will be a firm commitment to check non-roleplay threads and respond to players concerns promptly, but I digress. My thoughts on CRCs are somewhat similar to that of Mr. God's. It is true (at least in my experience prior) that there was limited discussion between players and their respective CRCs, leading to an overall ineffectiveness in terms of cooperation and being a driver for, well, continental roleplay. It would be better on the player to ask questions straight from the source.

The World Congress is in need of staffing, that much is certain. Moderation and myself have plans that we are actively deliberating on and will make their results public sometime in the coming days. In regards to the rules, it is absolutely paramount that they are upheld, but I hear the concerns of veteran players along with some newcomers and support open consultation on possible changes. Administration can only work fluidly if they receive feedback and cooperate with the playerbase at large. For appointing GRC members, it is absolutely necessary to push for a more open and transparent process for appointing GRC members. I often use discord more for discussing things with moderation than I do the forums (other than items that must be reported on the forums exclusively), so perhaps some portion or possibly the entirety of GRC appointment could be managed via discord with strong screening regulations be implemented. Or a public channel could be created for the public to view the appointment process and give feedback in another. I'm wholly open to suggestions from the players themselves as well on this.

On the final point of answering requests on time and providing clarification, Moderation should be certainly be given a push to be more prompt in their answers, but we must remember that they are human beings with their own personal lives and occupations, which may sometimes take up more of their time than particracy. We must also remember that there are unfortunately only two of them on staff, so as such some delays are to be expected. On giving public consultations to rule changes that should be a given right to the players, and it would be the best interest if Moderation returns to this policy.

In regards to Soy's comments on myself personally not witnessing such accusations, two days ago I was a private player who wrote almost exclusively in the roleplay section, sometimes giving a glance at the non-roleplay threads. I would say that I am one of the few persons who had only a moderate knowledge of what went on behind the scenes. I won't deny that it did happen, It's merely just that I did not see it myself.

thefalloutfan101

Postby soysauce » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:11 am

So if it did happen, how is bringing it to light "unprofessional" or "Shameful"?
soysauce

Postby thefalloutfan101 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:15 am

I myself have not seen explicit evidence of the sort, hence my comments on it as being such. It may exist, it may not exist.

thefalloutfan101

Postby soysauce » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:26 am

thefalloutfan101 wrote:I myself have not seen explicit evidence of the sort, hence my comments on it as being such. It may exist, it may not exist.
So it isn't unprofessional or shameful to suggest that it might have happened?
soysauce

Next

Return to General