Recruitment Drive (Applications Thread)

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Re: Recruitment Drive (Applications Thread)

Postby thefalloutfan101 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:15 pm

Yolo04 wrote:
thefalloutfan101 wrote:
Yolo04 wrote:Requesting membership in the Global Roleplay Committee

My RP concerning Keymon has shown I am capable of understanding and working with RP

Denied, citing various incidents of insensitive, and sometimes outright racist behavior towards players of minority descent, repeated insensitive jokes towards Jews, along with minorities that resulted in removal from the discord more than once, and an overall immature attitude when it came to discussion. Requests for appeal of this application are also hereby denied.

Mind citing those “racist behaviors”? What about “insensitive jokes”? Also, mind explaining how I am “immature” in attitude?

How is removal from the discord justification for denying my application? How is my past actions not relating to my RP justification for denying my application?

Please keep this channel on-topic and strictly regulated to applications. That goes for everyone, generally. I will elaborate only once on why you were denied. Past behavior is a key factor of selecting applicants, such as the same when searching for a real life occupation. There are many here who can attest to the extremely insensitive comments you have made under the thin guise of being "memes" and "sarcasm", most notably with your comment that "All Jews should be lynched", which you state was a sarcastic response to another one. Whether it is sarcasm or not does not matter, it's distasteful and offensive and has no place in particracy's staff. I vividly recall your very insensitive comments that were directed at Luis's culture in regards to immigration. Comments that got you removed from his discord. You are only 15-16 years old (only an assumption—if I am wrong, do correct me), the prime teenager age where immaturity still occurs. Administrative staff, including myself, is made up of persons 18+, who are naturally more mature. Removal from the discord is exactly like being removed from a previous job for poor behavior, it puts a stain on your record with the community, and as said before factors into an application.
Active in: New Verham (Primary Controller)

Current Member of the Roleplay Committee

"One may become a demagogue out of sheer political innocence." - Vladimir Lenin
thefalloutfan101

Location: Baatrynsentii, New Verham (IC) Florida, United States (OOC)

Postby Aquinas » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:42 pm

thefalloutfan: Respectfully, without wishing to dispute your decision not to appoint Yolo, I feel strongly that the way you have handled his application has been confrontational, insensitive and inappropriate.
Aquinas

Postby Yolo04 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:02 am

thefalloutfan101 wrote:Please keep this channel on-topic and strictly regulated to applications. That goes for everyone, generally. I will elaborate only once on why you were denied. Past behavior is a key factor of selecting applicants, such as the same when searching for a real life occupation. There are many here who can attest to the extremely insensitive comments you have made under the thin guise of being "memes" and "sarcasm", most notably with your comment that "All Jews should be lynched", which you state was a sarcastic response to another one. Whether it is sarcasm or not does not matter, it's distasteful and offensive and has no place in particracy's staff.

I didn’t state all Jews should be lynched. I sarcastically replied to someone saying the gays were horrendous saying “yeah man gays are the worst. Don’t ya wish you could lynch em”. Under that I was about to type “I’m being sarcastic moron” before being banned. Sarcastically replying to a homophobic statement is “offensive” but the statement itself is not? The point of sarcasm is to reiterate someone’s point to make them feel like an idiot.

I vividly recall your very insensitive comments that were directed at Luis's culture in regards to immigration. Comments that got you removed from his discord.

What insensitive comments? Was it my view on illegal immigration, which is that we should build a wall to prevent illegal immigrants crossing the border and kick out criminal illegal immigrants already here? Or my usage of a stereotypical Mexican name? If it’s the latter, I use stereotypical names for everyone. It’s not insensitive, it’s a stereotypical name made in a response. If stereotypical names are offensive, why aren’t there riots on the streets when white characters receive stereotypical like Joe or Jack? If you’re insinuating that minorities can not handle having stereotypical names, that’s racist. And I never once insulted Luis’s heritage. I respect Luis fully and would not disrespect his heritage and he won’t disrespect my heritage even though we disagree on illegal immigration. The idea that me using stereotypical names or having a differing idea on illegal immigration is racist is, to say the least, idiotic.

You are only 15-16 years old (only an assumption—if I am wrong, do correct me), the prime teenager age where immaturity still occurs. Administrative staff, including myself, is made up of persons 18+, who are naturally more mature. Removal from the discord is exactly like being removed from a previous job for poor behavior, it puts a stain on your record with the community, and as said before factors into an application.

I am 15 year olds however that doesn’t correlate with maturity. There are many more adults and teenagers much older than me who are far less mature than me. Your main point is how age effects maturity, which is true to an extent. However, you use a blanket describe anyone younger than 18+ as “immature”. I believe Edmund was removed from the discord, correct? Now why is he part of the GRC when, as max pointed out, he has done things you’re accusing me of?

You’re argument lies solely on arguments made in bad faith and without context in the slightest.

I hope you realize that disagreeing with someone on a sensitive topic doesn’t automatically mean they’re racist, sexist, etc. I also hope you learn that using stereotypical names is not racist.

This is my last statement on this, unless allegations are made again in this channel. I agree with you on one thing. Let’s keep this channel open for appointments and not pointless nonsense which means little to me at this point.
List of Parties:
Image Keymon, Four Pillars Party (MQP): ACTIVE

Dankuk, Hwanghu Dang Party (4613): INACTIVE
Yolo04

Location: West Virginia, USA (haha country roads jokes are so funny)

Postby Edmund » Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:48 am

Yolo04 wrote:I am 15 year olds however that doesn’t correlate with maturity. There are many more adults and teenagers much older than me who are far less mature than me.

And I'm 14.

Yolo04 wrote:I believe Edmund was removed from the discord, correct? Now why is he part of the GRC when, as max pointed out, he has done things you’re accusing me of?

I have never been racist or bigoted.
Edmund

Postby Yolo04 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:36 am

Edmund wrote:
Yolo04 wrote:I am 15 year olds however that doesn’t correlate with maturity. There are many more adults and teenagers much older than me who are far less mature than me.

And I'm 14.

Yolo04 wrote:I believe Edmund was removed from the discord, correct? Now why is he part of the GRC when, as max pointed out, he has done things you’re accusing me of?

Have you been accused of racism or bigotry? I remember distinctly that you’ve been accused of said sins before. Accusations do not equal actuality as shown by Chloe’s example.

I’m fine with you on the GRC but I feel there is a double standard going on where an accusation of similar things against you and an accusation against me are held differently. That’s not right
List of Parties:
Image Keymon, Four Pillars Party (MQP): ACTIVE

Dankuk, Hwanghu Dang Party (4613): INACTIVE
Yolo04

Location: West Virginia, USA (haha country roads jokes are so funny)

Postby Edmund » Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:01 am

Yolo04 wrote:
Edmund wrote:

And I'm 14.

Have you been accused of racism or bigotry? I remember distinctly that you’ve been accused of said sins before.

I've been accused of being something of a troll in the past. But, other than the time someone briefly thought King Julien being an animal was a bit questionable until it was explained that he was from Madagascar (the movie(s)) and Noumonde was the equivalent of Madagascar, no.
Edmund

Postby Sisyphus » Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:32 pm

I'd like to apply for a position on the GRC.

- I'm an experienced roleplayer with hundreds of PT game hours under my belt over many years;

- I have been GRC Chair twice and CRC for Majatra as well - (the last time I had to quit the team due only to a period of ill health);

- In a previous incarnation, as Stuntmonkey, I co-ordinated the "World Congress War Against Hulstria" RP, which through the joint RP and planning threads I created got dozens of player involved, had scores of posts and over 10,000 views, making it the most popular extended RP of the last two years (For reference: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=7700 and viewtopic.php?f=18&t=7663).

- In my current incarnation I have been involved in some of the most complex ongoing Terra-wide RPs and have been a prolific poster on the forum and contributor to the game, both IC and OOC;

- I am, most certainly, over 18, which seems to have been flagged as a potential requisite. Although i can provide no absolute proof that age is a true reflection of maturity;

- I have no behavioural issues that will impact on my role; nor any penalties against my name for misdemeanours, slurs - racist or otherwise - trolling or other attempts to get an OOC rise out of other players on this forum or discord.

As a closing statement I would say that I remain of the belief that to be a member of the GRC or moderator you must be impartial. PT is not a game you should set out to "win" - an ultimately fruitless task anyway. Instead it should be "enjoyed" for the rich RP ride it can offer and the game "referees" are there to facilitate that for all players.

My thanks.
Sisyphus

Postby thefalloutfan101 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:28 pm

Auditorii wrote:I’d like to apply for the role of Deputy Chairman and World Congress Coordinator.

Your application for World Congress Coordinator has been approved jointly by moderation and the GRC after some review. However, your application for Deputy Chair has been denied, citing your recent resignation. The GRC and moderation have concluded that it would send the wrong message to the community if someone who very recently resigned would receive the position.

thefalloutfan101

Postby thefalloutfan101 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:56 pm

Sisyphus wrote:I'd like to apply for a position on the GRC.

- I'm an experienced roleplayer with hundreds of PT game hours under my belt over many years;

- I have been GRC Chair twice and CRC for Majatra as well - (the last time I had to quit the team due only to a period of ill health);

- In a previous incarnation, as Stuntmonkey, I co-ordinated the "World Congress War Against Hulstria" RP, which through the joint RP and planning threads I created got dozens of player involved, had scores of posts and over 10,000 views, making it the most popular extended RP of the last two years (For reference: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=7700 and viewtopic.php?f=18&t=7663).

- In my current incarnation I have been involved in some of the most complex ongoing Terra-wide RPs and have been a prolific poster on the forum and contributor to the game, both IC and OOC;

- I am, most certainly, over 18, which seems to have been flagged as a potential requisite. Although i can provide no absolute proof that age is a true reflection of maturity;

- I have no behavioural issues that will impact on my role; nor any penalties against my name for misdemeanours, slurs - racist or otherwise - trolling or other attempts to get an OOC rise out of other players on this forum or discord.

As a closing statement I would say that I remain of the belief that to be a member of the GRC or moderator you must be impartial. PT is not a game you should set out to "win" - an ultimately fruitless task anyway. Instead it should be "enjoyed" for the rich RP ride it can offer and the game "referees" are there to facilitate that for all players.

My thanks.

After some deliberations, your application has been unilaterally approved by both the GRC and moderation. Welcome back aboard, Sisyphus!

thefalloutfan101

Postby Aquinas » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:06 pm

thefalloutfan101 wrote:
Auditorii wrote:I’d like to apply for the role of Deputy Chairman and World Congress Coordinator.

Your application for World Congress Coordinator has been approved jointly by moderation and the GRC after some review. However, your application for Deputy Chair has been denied, citing your recent resignation. The GRC and moderation have concluded that it would send the wrong message to the community if someone who very recently resigned would receive the position.

In his resignation speech only days ago, Auditorii expressed some big concerns and also made some pretty serious claims. I must confess I am puzzled as to why he has rejoined the GRC so soon. In the interests of transparency, I feel both Auditorii and Moderation should clarify what the position is. Does Auditorii still stand by the statement he made, or is he now saying everything is somehow okay and he can continue to work with Mr. God?
Aquinas

PreviousNext

Return to General