I'm confused

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

I'm confused

Postby Maxington » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:13 pm

After going around the various nations as i always do looking for inactive nations because moderation had announced that the system which documented inactive parties had broken, i came across this very interesting bill. (http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=596877). Now, i read the post where Auditorri explained his frustration with the fact that moderation had overturned a decision to deny a nation the ability to ban political parties on the basis that the RP produced was not sufficient. Whilst i had ignored the issue having been ill at the time and also due to the fact that i did not have my herbal tea yet, i've now come to understand the perspective being brought across. Now, tell me if i am wrong. In the past, in-order to ban political parties from a nation via an RP LAW, large amounts of justification through RP was needed as it was a big thing. You were about to ban playing from establishing certain parties of certain ideologies henceforth restricting their freedom to play the game. Whilst i have no problem with that, I believe that it is important to show the required high-levels of RP to justify bans specific parties. In the case of Jakania, 2 RP posts were made and in their vagueness offered little to no background on history of such a move nor did it offer any substance. I had to make 8 posts and 4 bills in my drive to banning far-right and far-left political parties in Kazulia and same applies for Dundorf and falloutfan. My questions are: If this was the new standard why wasn't the community informed? If the moderators say that they contemplating on the matter (which i am assuming they took what i said about having quantitative and qualitative justification) why was it decided to approve that even though it contradicts rule 5c? Why was moderation not open on the reason why it decided to overrule the ruling of the GRC Committee and approve the RP laws anyway?

On a separate issue; Deltaria's nuclear programme. Now i'm very passionate about these topics because when i did Nuclear RP for Kazulia; it set the standard for what nuclear RP should be like and i will say it was challenging (As it should be). I am always prepared to scrutinise this type of RP because of its controversy within the community itself. So it confused me when Deltaria out of nowhere announces it had produced a nuclear weapon (viewtopic.php?f=17&t=4398&start=810#p146621). Now i wasn't here when said posts were made and i believe that the GRC team at the time had lapsed on it and will not hold back on making them accountable for this to slip through the cracks. After going through Deltaria's newspaper, i found small pieces of RP as it pertains to nuclear weapons development, but said posts lacked any substance. Judging from the fact that the post the post wasn't remove/amended i am to assume that either the recommendations of the GRC (if they informed Mr.God about it) was ignored or it was never brought up. The GRC guidelines state:-
The subject of aircraft carriers, nuclear weaponry, and nuclear submarines is a hot topic. It is the GRC's view that aircraft carriers, nuclear weapons, and nuclear submarines are viable (not necessarily likely!) for all nations of Terra so long as their acquisition, maintenance, and use is very well RP'd. In general, we believe Role Play should realistically reflect the prohibitive cost in time and resources required for such strategic armaments. Therefore our guidance and advice is that Great Military Powers and Very Strong Economies should generally experience protracted difficulty when seeking to acquire and maintain such armaments; Regional Military Powers and Strong Economies should generally experience prohibitive costs and delays when seeking to acquire and maintain such armaments; while lesser powers and smaller economies should experience daunting, near-insurmountable challenges when seeking to acquire and maintain such armaments. Acquisition of nuclear, chemical, and biological weapons from rogue powers and Black Market sources may reduce acquisition costs if realistically Role Played, but such sources generally should not in any way reduce the prohibitive maintenance costs associated with these armaments.

Deltaria's RP as it pertains to its development of nuclear weapons is shallow and lacking substance. I'd like for the GRC to open a case on this and review it in its entirety.
"The future of the Nation is in the children's school bags" ~ Dr. Eric Williams
President of the Trond Henrichsen Institute for International Affairs.
Maxington

Re: I'm confused

Postby Rogue » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:30 pm

Hi there,

I agree on the situation with the nukes. I mostly went off information given to me by other deltarian players of the past.
A lot of the nuclear RP could be turned into some kind of propaganda thing. The nuclear test in the majatran sea will have been conducted and the silo's built. but i will actually not have any nuclear missiles currently in my possesion and RP that those are still in full development.

Ill need to take another look at the Jakania situation before i can comment on it.
Playing in:

Istapali
Rogue

Return to General