Announcement: Rankings and Overall Changes

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Announcement: Rankings and Overall Changes

Postby Rogue » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:22 pm

Hi everyone!

First of all i wanna welcome all the new players and newly returning players to PT classic! Its great to see all these new faces on both the forum and in the game itself playing together and creating stories so welcome!

Second of all i would like to apologize for my own lack of activity in the community. I had been busy with real life and other matters and kinda neglected my duties for which i apologize. In addition to this moderation in general believed that Classic as we knew it was at its end, merely weeks from closing which caused classic to be on life support with very little initiative from moderation.
As we have now found out this is not the case and in fact classic might not shut down for months to come which has given us, moderation, newfound energy to take steps in making the experience even more enjoyable.

Our first announcement is in regards to the rules. We are in agreement that the rules at this point are a guideline for moderation to act upon and will not be seen as a constitution to be forced upon the playerbase. What this means is that moderation will enforce the rules in a way that does not jeopardize the enjoyment of the game and that we will instead adopt a policy in which moderation decisions are solemnly based on keeping the playerbase alive, excited and strong.
This means that some of the older standards and request channels on this forum might not be kept up to date and that rules concerning for example Third World control will not be as strictly enforced as they used to be.

Our second announcement is in regards to the GRC. Effective immediately the GRC is abolished and moderation will take on the responsibilities of the GRC. Since the organization itself has not had a member in over a month we think this is a reasonable decision. Me and Vesica are excited to take on the responsibilities of the former GRC as we have many things planned which include events like Natural Disasters, Third World Wars, Diseases and many many more. Because of this decision we will work in the coming days to remove any refferences to the GRC in the rules and change them so that these responsibilities now fall upon moderation.

And one of our last announcements, because of the abolishment of the GRC moderation will also take the role of creating and updating the rankings and this will be changed significantly as well. The first thing we will likely change in regards to the rankings is adding 2 new categories in both the economic and military ranking. These categories will be the "Superpower" category in the military ranking which will hold place for 2 nations and a "Hyperpower" category in the economic ranking which will hold place for 1 nation. The superpower category will be a category reserved for nations with immense influence internationally in terms of military presence and strength and projection power as well as diplomatic power through alliances and general diplomacy. The Hyperpower category will be reserved for one nation. This nation, in order to become a economic Hyperpower, must have the largest economy on terra and its currency must be a international standard if not one of the leading currencies in the world (much like the pound sterling in the 1800's and dollar these days).

In addition to these new categories we will also change the way in which the rankings are made as we will adopt a system we call "dynamic rankings" which basically means no set dates for the release of rankings but a constantly changing ranking that will be adjusted far more often then is currently the case. More details on these dynamic rankings will follow soon as we are still working out the details but we believe it could encourage players to constantly RP instead of rping near the new rankings and being inactive otherwise.

All these changes in the rules and policies will be implemented in the coming weeks. I hope to have informed you all well on the changes we are going to make and look forward to seeing all of your RP in the coming months!

Thank You!
Playing in:

Istapali
Rogue

Re: Announcement: Rankings and Overall Changes

Postby DylanGardner18 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:02 pm

What is the international standard in the game? Don’t we have exchange rates?
DylanGardner18

Return to General