Say your piece, make suggestions and offer feedback to any aspect of the game.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: Dynamic Rankings - Updated 04/22/2020

Postby John Cracker » Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:11 am

Likatonia is at weak economy right now, I am assuming this was just an oversight. Otherwise I agree.
Interested in not responding to ridiculous accusations, namely from Jakania, and Lourania, and now Valruzia
John Cracker

Postby colonelvesica » Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:18 am

As has been noted, rankings are based on the Role Play quantity and quality (though we obviously put a premium on quality) we observe, and the rankings are dynamic, they can be updated literally on a weekly basis if we so chose, though often aren't. Likatonia is on the way up, won't state otherwise, keep working away and it'll move up.
The Last of his Name
colonelvesica

Postby John Cracker » Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:23 am

Okay, I just assumed that because last rankings Likatonia was moved up to average, and you didn't mark Likatonia down as decreased.
Interested in not responding to ridiculous accusations, namely from Jakania, and Lourania, and now Valruzia
John Cracker

Re: PT Classic Dynamic Rankings (Updated: 04/22/2020)

Postby Harsh Thakur » Thu May 28, 2020 4:45 am

What is the current state of Baltusia in economy and Military.
Party from United States of Baltusia: National Democratic Front [NDF]
Harsh Thakur

Re: PT Classic Dynamic Rankings (Updated: 04/22/2020)

Postby Auditorii » Thu May 28, 2020 3:03 pm

Harsh Thakur wrote:What is the current state of Baltusia in economy and Military.

Odd that it isn't in there when I know we discussed it. It should be listed as Small Power and Weak.
Image Dorvik | Image Zardugal | Image Ostland (FBC)
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Re: PT Classic Dynamic Rankings (Updated: 05/28/2020)

Postby Auditorii » Thu May 28, 2020 8:05 pm

These have been updated to reflect recent changes. As always you can provide feedback on where you think that your nation should be and we'll discuss and determine if it has merit to facilitate a change.

As a note for the record, the usage of the terms "Hyperpower" and "Superpower" will only be given/used for the following criteria:

When (1) "Great Power" exists it will be labeled as a "Hyperpower"
When (2) "Great Powers" exist they will be labeled as "Superpowers"
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby colonelvesica » Thu May 28, 2020 8:18 pm

Quick Summary of Changes
Economics:
Indrala ⬆Deltaria ⬆Sekowo ⬆Jakania ⬆Keymon ⬆ up to Strong
Jelbania ⬆Likatonia ⬆ up to Average
Zardugal ⬇ down to Weak

Military:
Deltaria ⬆Indrala ⬆ up to Regional Power
Kalistan ⬇ down to Middle Power
Jelbania ⬆Sekowo ⬆ up to Middle Power
The Last of his Name
colonelvesica

PT Classic Dynamic Rankings (Updated: 05/28/2020)

Postby Wu Han » Thu May 28, 2020 9:11 pm

While I appreciate the updated rankings, I have a few questions:

1) I'm curious as to why Seko (Sekowo) was upgraded to a "middle power" militarily, while Seko doesn't maintain a military, has a legally pacifistic position, and hasn't conducted any military-based RP. Unless there's a criterion I'm not privy to which determines these rankings, it makes more sense to me to include Seko amongst the "small powers."

2) Expanding on the unexpected upgrade for Seko, I'm curious why Hanzen has remained "weak" while having conducted far more military-based RP than Seko; if the RP in Hanzen isn't good enough to improve its ranking, very well. However, if there was a legitimate basis in RP to upgrade Seko, I don't know how the same couldn't be said for Hanzen.

Of course I'm biased since these are my countries, but I think the questions I raised are important if the rankings are supposed to have any grounding in the real RP progression of a country's development.
(he/him)
Current: Cildania
Former: Listed Here
Wu Han

Postby colonelvesica » Thu May 28, 2020 9:29 pm

Wu Han wrote:While I appreciate the updated rankings, I have a few questions:

1) I'm curious as to why Seko (Sekowo) was upgraded to a "middle power" militarily, while Seko doesn't maintain a military, has a legally pacifistic position, and hasn't conducted any military-based RP. Unless there's a criterion I'm not privy to which determines these rankings, it makes more sense to me to include Seko amongst the "small powers."

2) Expanding on the unexpected upgrade for Seko, I'm curious why Hanzen has remained "weak" while having conducted far more military-based RP than Seko; if the RP in Hanzen isn't good enough to improve its ranking, very well. However, if there was a legitimate basis in RP to upgrade Seko, I don't know how the same couldn't be said for Hanzen.

Of course I'm biased since these are my countries, but I think the questions I raised are important if the rankings are supposed to have any grounding in the real RP progression of a country's development.
Answering your questions in kind :)

1.) As economies develop, the militaries "generally" develop with them, to at least a rank below. However if you're advocating for a demotion on your own basis, Farsun and I have no issues doing so :)

2.) We haven't done the Third World Rankings, we should have specified that only "First World" Nations were done. But thank you for pointing that out
The Last of his Name
colonelvesica

Postby Auditorii » Thu May 28, 2020 10:15 pm

As a note for Hanzen, that was a mistake I wanted to upgrade it in both categories (Economic and Military) and I only did one.

Middle powers have the ability to focus more outwardly than small powers, they are focused still intently on their own desires and act less defensively than smaller powers but have more "wiggle room" in international affairs and opportunities. Middle powers tend to focus on neighboring problems with an eye toward regional problems and opportunities. Middle powers tend to have more modern, moderate-sized armed forces and have a more active role in international affairs. They should not be mistaken for a regional power due to their limited power of projection to their neighboring states but they should also not be ignored. Middle powers have the ability to band together small powers and take on a secondary role in larger alliances or friendships that provide the ability to tackle much greater problems.

I'd also like to point out that "military power" is conjoined with political power and Sekowo has played a very pivotal role in the region via its RP, it has developed ties with other Gao-Showan nations and generally does have a larger military and political role in the region, notably with its Gao-Showan allies.
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback