Say your piece, make suggestions and offer feedback to any aspect of the game.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: PT Classic Dynamic Rankings (Updated: 06/19/2020)

Postby colonelvesica » Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:19 pm

Summary of Changes

Economic
Yingdala up to Very Strong
Kalistan & Dolgava up to Strong
Kazullia & Lourenne down to Strong
Malivia, Telamon & Dundorf up to Average
Vanuku, Valruzia, Trigunia & Keymon down to Average
Lodamun down to Weak

Military
Yingdala up to Great Power
Dorvik is considered a Declining Great Power
Kazullia & Istalia down to Regional Power
Deltaria is considered an Emerging Regional Power
Telamon, Endralon & Malivia up to Middle Power
Lourenne, Trigunia & Valruzia down to Middle Power
Lodamun down to Small Power

As usual by all means players, comment and ask questions, we are at your disposal.
The Last of his Name
colonelvesica

Postby ChengherRares1 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:21 pm

ChengherRares1 wrote:@colonelvesica If you paid actual attention to the war, it was not destructive at all, all what happened was bunch of mutinies and some skirmishes around Providence, then everything went quiet.

Hopefully the new post on new page did not overlapped with mine and left it out :P
Reposted it here
Gabriel Boțan, oldie
Home nations:
Lodamun - main
Kizenia
Rutania

Lodamun above all!
ChengherRares1

Postby colonelvesica » Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:34 pm

ChengherRares1 wrote:
ChengherRares1 wrote:@colonelvesica If you paid actual attention to the war, it was not destructive at all, all what happened was bunch of mutinies and some skirmishes around Providence, then everything went quiet.

Hopefully the new post on new page did not overlapped with mine and left it out :P
Reposted it here

Nope I read it, I should have noted, that I'm reviewing the Lodamun Civil War and it's recently Role play
The Last of his Name
colonelvesica

Postby ChengherRares1 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:57 pm

colonelvesica wrote:
ChengherRares1 wrote:

Reposted it here

Nope I read it, I should have noted, that I'm reviewing the Lodamun Civil War and it's recently Role play

Thanks
Gabriel Boțan, oldie
Home nations:
Lodamun - main
Kizenia
Rutania

Lodamun above all!
ChengherRares1

Postby jamescfm » Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:40 pm

Thanks for taking the feedback on board. I think my frustrations were more that Jakania was being unfairly held back in the context of the other changes, rather than that it particularly deserved to be a regional power. As most of you understand my focus in role-play has never been military affairs but considering the other cases it just seemed that the standards weren't being applied uniformly. I'm still not convinced that the level of military role-play in Dorvik has been greater than that in Istalia as to warrant the latter being demoted to regional power and the former only to declining power but it seems the decision has been made on that front.

The only remaining feedback from me is that I still believe there are countries in the average economy and middle power groups that ought to be downgraded. I do understand the desire to keep the groups approximately the same size as they are but there's still room for changes within this constraint. The most obvious example for me is that Badara should be upgraded to average economy and middle power. For a few weeks, the player there has been involved in consistent role-play and there's no reason why they should be lower than a country like New Endralon and Kizenia that hasn't had a post since January.
jamescfm

Postby Rogue » Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:50 pm

jamescfm wrote:Thanks for taking the feedback on board. I think my frustrations were more that Jakania was being unfairly held back in the context of the other changes, rather than that it particularly deserved to be a regional power. As most of you understand my focus in role-play has never been military affairs but considering the other cases it just seemed that the standards weren't being applied uniformly. I'm still not convinced that the level of military role-play in Dorvik has been greater than that in Istalia as to warrant the latter being demoted to regional power and the former only to declining power but it seems the decision has been made on that front.

The only remaining feedback from me is that I still believe there are countries in the average economy and middle power groups that ought to be downgraded. I do understand the desire to keep the groups approximately the same size as they are but there's still room for changes within this constraint. The most obvious example for me is that Badara should be upgraded to average economy and middle power. For a few weeks, the player there has been involved in consistent role-play and there's no reason why they should be lower than a country like New Endralon and Kizenia that hasn't had a post since January.

I agree on that. Badara has been involving itself in the MEA among other things. They deserve a uprank. As for Dorvik turning into a declining power. I think its fine, but i agree that it may be weird given the context of Istalia becoming a regional power. But again i think its a reasonable decision nontheless
Playing in:

Istapali
Rogue

Postby colonelvesica » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:04 pm

We can bump up Badara, that seems reasonable.

As for Istalia to Dorvik.

I'll state outright, I want to downgrade them last month. Their military based Role Play has been essentially zero for a while. They have the fate, for good or ill, or being a complex multiparty democratic state where internal politics have a much bigger impact on their ability to Role Play internationally. Hutori is another multi-party democracy, but the rest of the Hutorian players and I have managed to make foreign policy and defence widely a non-partisian issue, where as the players who play in Istalia may make that more difficult.

Dorvik by comparison is a single party state, again for good or ill, so while Farsun has focused on internal political Role Play, I judged there was enough Military Role Play ongoing to justify keeping it at GP, if declining. Admittedly I should have been including Declining and Emerging from the beginning to make success for up and comers and warning for those that were on the verge of losing their status and I will be noting it in all further updates, and I may take the extra step to note other nations that are well on their way of going up or down in all ranks, it just happens to be very important for the Regional-Great threshold because of the rewards that are involved.
The Last of his Name
colonelvesica

Postby colonelvesica » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:28 pm

Final Round of Summary of Changes

Economic
Yingdala up to Very Strong
Kalistan & Dolgava up to Strong
Kazullia & Lourenne down to Strong
Badara, Malivia, Telamon & Dundorf up to Average
Vanuku, Valruzia, Trigunia & Keymon down to Average
Kirlawa, Luthori, Rildanor & Mordusia down to Weak

Military
Yingdala up to Great Power
Dorvik is considered a Declining Great Power
Kazullia & Istalia down to Regional Power
Deltaria is considered an Emerging Regional Power
Telamon, Endralon & Malivia up to Middle Power
Lourenne, Trigunia & Valruzia down to Middle Power
Lodamun, Beiteynu, Luthori, Rildanor & Mordusia down to Small Power

As usual by all means players, comment and ask questions, we are at your disposal.
The Last of his Name
colonelvesica

Postby jamescfm » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:35 pm

Based on what you said previously, I think you forgot to include Badara's upgrade to average economy and middle power.
jamescfm

Postby colonelvesica » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:45 pm

jamescfm wrote:Based on what you said previously, I think you forgot to include Badara's upgrade to average economy and middle power.

Ill be honest... totally blanked on Badara. Thank you for reminding me.

I've upgraded their economy, their military is still shaky, so well they are on the rise, they aren't a Middle Power yet.

For the record all the nations that have fallen, haven't seen any Role play since the last update of any kind.

I've updated the list with the last round of changes... if there's anything else...
The Last of his Name
colonelvesica

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback