Say your piece, make suggestions and offer feedback to any aspect of the game.

Moderator: RP Committee

Postby Moderation » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:48 pm

Please note that this is for feedback on the PT Classic Dynamic Rankings. You can find the primary information thread located here: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=8907
This account is for administrative purposes only. For queries or information, please contact a Moderator personally.
Moderation

Re: Dynamic Rankings - Updated Aug-05-2019

Postby colonelvesica » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:49 pm

Last update (07/25/2020)
Economic
Saridan, Kizenia, Kalopia, Dundorf, Kazulia, Lourenne, Davostag down to Weak.
Istalia, Hutori down to Strong.
Aloria, Cobura, up to Average.
Endralon, Vanuku up to Strong.
Deltaria up to Very Strong.

Medina up to Average.
Liore up to Weak.

Military
Davostag, Kazulia, Lourenne down to Small Power.
Keymon, LIkatonia up to Middle Power
Jakania, Telamon, Dolgavia up to Regional Power.
Deltaria up to Great Power.

Medina and Liore up to Middle Power.
Istapali down to Middle Power.

Discussion is now open for 96 Hours.
The Last of his Name
colonelvesica

Postby Auditorii » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:51 pm

Ostland should be moved to an Average economic power and a Middle military power. I’ve worked with Ostland for quite sometime and just reading through the newspaper should clarify what I’m suggesting. Ostland has remained relatively active even in my time away from the game and has played a pivotal role in Dovani during several times in history.

Kafuristan should also be moved up to Strong due to the fact it has been consistently RPd as the largest oil and gas producer in the world. I know I made the rankings and the oil and gas map prior to my departure. I recommend that Moderation uses it and continues to have a strong desire to world build this game in its final stages. With that I also recommend moving it to a Middle power as there was some significant work done to bring the worlds leading oil/gas producer as a military power. I intend to bring it to a regional power at most but for now would settle for a Middle power.
Image Dorvik | Image Zardugal | Image Ostland (FBC)
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby Auditorii » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:55 pm

I’d also like to inquire as why the Old descriptions were changed? They were utilized for quite sometime and revised by several different teams/groups of people. I think these current ones lack in several spheres that attempt to display, notably in the military section, the scale and scope of power/influence.

EDIT: Also how often can we expect updates and revisions? What’s the criteria for updates?
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby colonelvesica » Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:06 am

Auditorii wrote:Ostland should be moved to an Average economic power and a Middle military power. I’ve worked with Ostland for quite sometime and just reading through the newspaper should clarify what I’m suggesting. Ostland has remained relatively active even in my time away from the game and has played a pivotal role in Dovani during several times in history.

Kafuristan should also be moved up to Strong due to the fact it has been consistently RPd as the largest oil and gas producer in the world. I know I made the rankings and the oil and gas map prior to my departure. I recommend that Moderation uses it and continues to have a strong desire to world build this game in its final stages. With that I also recommend moving it to a Middle power as there was some significant work done to bring the worlds leading oil/gas producer as a military power. I intend to bring it to a regional power at most but for now would settle for a Middle power.

Noted on both, and they seem fair points.
The Last of his Name
colonelvesica

Postby colonelvesica » Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:11 am

Auditorii wrote:I’d also like to inquire as why the Old descriptions were changed? They were utilized for quite sometime and revised by several different teams/groups of people. I think these current ones lack in several spheres that attempt to display, notably in the military section, the scale and scope of power/influence.

EDIT: Also how often can we expect updates and revisions? What’s the criteria for updates?

Note sure what you mean, those descriptions were the ones I yanked from the previous ranking, wasn't aware they had changed.

Updates and Revisions can happen consistently. I will tell you that I will personally be going through the Role Play every week to see if anything notable has happened and to keep track of who isn't doing anything. That will make a push up or down.

Major events will also cause revisions or updates to happen; Wars for example will always impact rankings, economic collapses and booms, sanctions, you name it.
The Last of his Name
colonelvesica

Postby Auditorii » Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:24 am

These are the ones from the previous rankings:

Small Power: Small powers are traditionally more reserved in their international affairs dealings, namely in the sphere of intervention or power projection, which they do not have any ability to do. Small powers tend to focus and prioritize internal goals and objectives instead of international or regional problems. While small powers cannot technically operate by themselves they can, in either an alliance or in concert with a great power, regional power or even a mix of multiple smaller and middle powers play a vital role in the international field. Smaller powers, militarily tend to be small defensive forces that are either limited in size, equipment or financial standing. Is it not to say that small powers are always technologically out of date, poorly equipped or illy financed, it is just that other national priorities in economics, politics or social situations force attend elsewhere.

Middle Power: Middle powers have the ability to focus more outwardly than small powers, they are focused still intently on their own desires and act less defensively than smaller powers but have more "wiggle room" in international affairs and opportunities. Middle powers tend to focus on neighboring problems with an eye toward regional problems and opportunities. Middle powers tend to have more modern, moderate sized armed forces and have a more active role in international affairs. They should not be mistaken for a regional power due to their limited power of projection to their neighboring states but they should also not be ignored. Middle powers have the ability to band together small powers and take on a secondary role in larger alliances or friendships that provide the ability to tackle much greater problems.

Regional Power: Regional powers are focused on a wide area surrounding their own nation. Regional powers traditionally operate on their own in terms of neighboring states and often band together with local smaller and middle powers to accomplish their goals. Internationally regional powers play an integral role in politics and are sometimes continental leaders that while they have the ability to project power over significant distances, are not able to continue that influence without significant strain. Regional powers, much similar to middle powers, play an integral role in international affairs and are key players in driving international affairs. Regional powers tend to have a lot more freedom when it comes to handling situations or pledging allegiance to a group, organization or other Great Powers. Militarily regional powers often possess larger, modern armed forces with the potential and ability to create and store nuclear, chemical and biological weapons in small quantities or smaller to mid-size aircraft carriers that allow a degree of power projection.
-- Emerging Power: Emerging powers are not quite Great Powers but are not Regional Powers as their role in global affairs has been cemented either by recent past history or by rising virtue. Emerging powers are not necessarily anything but a regional power that has begun to advance past the stage of a regional power and have begun to play a more leading role in global affairs. Emerging powers are considered to be the "new kid on the block" and often play the deciding factor in international affairs.
-- Declining Power: Declining powers are Great Powers that through either instability at home or the opposite they have begun to retreat from international affairs in a leading role and play more of a regional role. Declining powers are still a force to be reckoned with and with the right leadership can turn around to become a Great Power once again.

Great Power: Great Powers, which a are traditionally few in number, are leading nations in the world that have a penetrating influence on global affairs. Great powers are responsible for significant blocs of power and authority, in numerous spheres such as politics, economics, social and military. Great powers have the ability to project, traditionally, throughout the world in more than just military influence. Great powers sometimes called "Global Powers" are responsible for ideological and international leadership. Great powers traditionally possess (or are very capable to possess) large armed forces and are privy to larger stocks of nuclear, chemical and biological weapons; they also have tools of projection such as aircraft carriers that permit them to influence decisions through a wide variety of diplomatic, economic and political actions.

These are the current ones:

Small Power: Nations that have limited ability to defend themselves, but often are allied with larger and stronger states to ensure their continued independence or hyper isolationist. Their militaries are traditionally outdated, small, woefully trained, or a combination of all three. Its not uncommon for regional or greater powers to have substantial influences over these nations.

Middle Power: These are nations that are more then able to stand on their own and have the ability to defend themselves against other nations and their influences and can project their own influence to a very limited degree on their neighbors, although they will traditionally ally with greater nations, though more for reasons of cooperation and progress then an inability or worry to defend themselves in the world. Their militaries are usually modern, fairly well sized and trained or a combination of all three.

Regional Power: These are powerful nations that generally stand tall amongst their immediate neighbors, and more times often then not, are able to project their influence on them. While they have the capability to project their influence or power globally, it is limited and their power in primarily centered around home. Their militaries are generally modern, of sufficient size and training and have the ability to project themselves overseas of immediately against their neighbors.

Great Power: These are amongst the most powerful nations in the world, and have a great deal of influence both at home and abroad, with the ability to project their power globally, either politically, economically or militarily. They are generally considered regional hegemons in the absence of any other great powers. Their militaries are usually hyper modern, extremely well trained, usually quite large,and the ability to sufficiently project considerable force overseas, though they are stronger closer to home.
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby Uhtred » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:56 pm

A couple of thoughts:
Luthori (Ranked Average for Economy and Middle for Military) is consistently much more active than many of the nations in the Strong and Very Strong categories. New Endralon for example currently has 0 players and has not had a Forum post since April, yet is ranked as Strong for Economy and Regional for Military. Same with Seluciae (except last forum post in May).

Also, as Lodamun's currency is used as a measure in game perhaps it should start as Strong or Very Strong in the economic rankings? It has an active player base as well.
Uhtred

Postby colonelvesica » Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:15 am

On Luthori; it's a possible thought. They have an active player base in game and are beginning to become active on the forum, but economy and military rankings are based on Role Play as our chief analysis whether you rank up or down. Luthori has been a long fading power that hasnt been involved in international affairs in a long time. If the player base decides to change that, they certainly have the capability of ranking up.

On New Endralon: it has 0 players NOW. But up until recently in game was fairly active and most of its Role Play up until it dropped off Activity was military and economic based. That said, you do have a point and upon reflection I believe I will demote it, at least economically; its military might follow shortly if Activity doesnt pick up.

On Lodamun: it has had the international standard pegged to it since Particracys beginning. Despite a decent player base they do not Role Play if at all, economically or militarily. Again if the player base becomes more active here in those arenas or could get promoted, but currently will be remaining where it's at.
The Last of his Name
colonelvesica

Postby Auditorii » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:05 pm

I have to say after doing some boring review (as I like to call it) I think New Endralon should be ranked as a Middle Power (Military) and Average Economic Strength. It doesn't quite make sense that it's a Regional Power at best, especially after looking at the limited military-based RP that occurred. The last post in New Endralon and Kizenia was on April 22nd, 2019. I really don't think that counts for anything to be entirely honest. I think it needs to be downgraded now to a Middle Power.

I have to admit that Hulstria is in a very odd spot. When I played in Hulstria and Gao-Soto it was a small/weak power. I don't know how it jumped so far when the last post prior to the past few days. April was the last significant RP done with the Hulstrian and Gao-Soto Armed Forces after that if I'm being honest the quality of RP drops off. While I can appreciate that, the ability to judge RP has to be paramount when taking into account these rankings. I think the few player nations on Dovani do have a leg up on the rest of the continent but the last significant military RP was myself in April. I would recommend that it be made a Middle Power at the minimum.

Kalistan, another case where we have the last significant RP in May of 2019 and here we are nearly 3 months later and nothing. I understand that the game has gone through a period of decline but that doesn't mean we should ignore that events haven't happened. Kalistan should go from a Regional Power to a Middle Power once again.

I make the same case for Selucia, it has been nearly 2 months since anything significant happened there and likewise its military status should be downgraded.

--

I also maintain these should be adopted over the current descriptions.

Small Power: Small powers are traditionally more reserved in their international affairs dealings, namely in the sphere of intervention or power projection, which they do not have any ability to do. Small powers tend to focus and prioritize internal goals and objectives instead of international or regional problems. While small powers cannot technically operate by themselves they can, in either an alliance or in concert with a great power, regional power or even a mix of multiple smaller and middle powers play a vital role in the international field. Smaller powers, militarily tend to be small defensive forces that are either limited in size, equipment or financial standing. Is it not to say that small powers are always technologically out of date, poorly equipped or illy financed, it is just that other national priorities in economics, politics or social situations force attend elsewhere.

Middle Power: Middle powers have the ability to focus more outwardly than small powers, they are focused still intently on their own desires and act less defensively than smaller powers but have more "wiggle room" in international affairs and opportunities. Middle powers tend to focus on neighboring problems with an eye toward regional problems and opportunities. Middle powers tend to have more modern, moderate sized armed forces and have a more active role in international affairs. They should not be mistaken for a regional power due to their limited power of projection to their neighboring states but they should also not be ignored. Middle powers have the ability to band together small powers and take on a secondary role in larger alliances or friendships that provide the ability to tackle much greater problems.

Regional Power: Regional powers are focused on a wide area surrounding their own nation. Regional powers traditionally operate on their own in terms of neighboring states and often band together with local smaller and middle powers to accomplish their goals. Internationally regional powers play an integral role in politics and are sometimes continental leaders that while they have the ability to project power over significant distances, are not able to continue that influence without significant strain. Regional powers, much similar to middle powers, play an integral role in international affairs and are key players in driving international affairs. Regional powers tend to have a lot more freedom when it comes to handling situations or pledging allegiance to a group, organization or other Great Powers. Militarily regional powers often possess larger, modern armed forces with the potential and ability to create and store nuclear, chemical and biological weapons in small quantities or smaller to mid-size aircraft carriers that allow a degree of power projection.
-- Emerging Power: Emerging powers are not quite Great Powers but are not Regional Powers as their role in global affairs has been cemented either by recent past history or by rising virtue. Emerging powers are not necessarily anything but a regional power that has begun to advance past the stage of a regional power and have begun to play a more leading role in global affairs. Emerging powers are considered to be the "new kid on the block" and often play the deciding factor in international affairs.
-- Declining Power: Declining powers are Great Powers that through either instability at home or the opposite they have begun to retreat from international affairs in a leading role and play more of a regional role. Declining powers are still a force to be reckoned with and with the right leadership can turn around to become a Great Power once again.

Great Power: Great Powers, which a are traditionally few in number, are leading nations in the world that have a penetrating influence on global affairs. Great powers are responsible for significant blocs of power and authority, in numerous spheres such as politics, economics, social and military. Great powers have the ability to project, traditionally, throughout the world in more than just military influence. Great powers sometimes called "Global Powers" are responsible for ideological and international leadership. Great powers traditionally possess (or are very capable to possess) large armed forces and are privy to larger stocks of nuclear, chemical and biological weapons; they also have tools of projection such as aircraft carriers that permit them to influence decisions through a wide variety of diplomatic, economic and political actions.
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Next

Return to Feedback