Say your piece, make suggestions and offer feedback to any aspect of the game.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: PT Classic Dynamic Rankings (Updated: 06/19/2020)

Postby Maxington » Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:10 am

I'd encourage the idea for the posts to be removed entirely. I can't do them personally because of how phpBB forums work. But I'm sure moderation has the ability to remove the posts or I could just [Bust] them.
"The future of the Nation is in the children's school bags" ~ Dr. Eric Williams
President of the Trond Henrichsen Institute for International Affairs.
Maxington

Postby Yolo04 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:17 am

@Aquinas
Please stop
Last edited by Yolo04 on Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
List of Parties:
Image Keymon, Four Pillars Party (MQP): ACTIVE

Dankuk, Hwanghu Dang Party (4613): INACTIVE
Yolo04

Location: West Virginia, USA (haha country roads jokes are so funny)

Postby jamescfm » Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:17 am

Moderation will remove the posts that we know to be plagiarised as soon as possible. If there are other posts that contain plagiarised content, then please share these with us so that we can deal with them.
jamescfm

Postby Pragma » Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:19 am

Hating on Aquinas is not making anything any better, as if it needed to be said.
Currently playing in: Cildania

Image Vascanian Empire
Pragma

Postby alaskancrabpuffs21 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:20 am

We have discussed this issue so much, we have covered ever facet, every side, every angle..... Thats all I'm gonna say!
"Alaskan"
Dolgovas konservatīvā partija (Dolgava) info
Also in Hanzen
My RP: Dolgava

Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning - Erwin Rommel
alaskancrabpuffs21

Postby jamescfm » Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:21 am

The topic has been locked again. I unlocked it yesterday on the condition that players refrain from bickering and that has not happened.
jamescfm

Re: Feedback: PT Classic Dynamic Rankings (Updated: 07/25/2020)

Postby Auditorii » Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:58 pm

Economic
Saridan, Kizenia, Kalopia, Dundorf, Kazulia, Lourenne, Davostag down to Weak.
Istalia, Hutori down to Strong.
Aloria, Cobura, up to Average.
Endralon, Vanuku up to Strong.
Deltaria up to Very Strong.

Medina up to Average.
Liore up to Weak.

Military
Davostag, Kazulia, Lourenne down to Small Power.
Keymon, LIkatonia up to Middle Power
Jakania, Telamon, Dolgavia up to Regional Power.
Deltaria up to Great Power.

Medina and Liore up to Middle Power.
Istapali down to Middle Power.

Please note that this has become the permanent feedback thread for the PT Classic Dynamic Rankings and the dedicated information post has been moved here: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=8907
Image Dorvik | Image Zardugal | Image Ostland (FBC)
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby Rogue » Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:30 pm

Overall i feel like the changes are good. There are two to three things im a bit conflicted about however. First of all lets start with Deltaria. Why was it upgraded to Very Strong economy? For half the month there was a economic crisis, economic uncertainty and a large growth in debt. Dont get me wrong im not complaining per se but i have a gut feeling it would have been more realistic if it stayed a strong economy, especially in light of the economic uncertainty all around. Had it something to do with expanding influence instead of the economy itself?

Secondly. I must say im a bit suprised Dorvik remained both a GP and a Very Strong economy. Lets start with its GP status. Dorvik has, over the past RL month and thus IG years, barely projected influence outside of Artania. Now this is a policy issue. Dorvik decides to focus on Artania. But i believe it isnt even capable of projecting power much further then the continent as can be demonstrated by several foreign policy initiatives which didnt get off the ground (warning keymon, to which Keymon barely responded) amongst other things like the NC reemerging but not being a active partnership. On top of that there has only been one real post concerning the military, which i dont take as a indicator for a nations influence per se, but building 10 submarines in 14 IG years and not doing much else with someones military in terms of protecting international allies, projecting power etc etc doesnt strike me as being a GP. A GP involves itself in affairs. They work with international allies and either exert influence for the betterment of other nations or for their own gain (if RPed in a sufficient manner) i dont think that has been the case with Dorvik. When it comes to its economy its more justifiable. Its been mostly unscathed from international instability and reserved to itself, allowing it to steadily grow. Still i would like to hear the justification for keeping it a Very Strong economy

Now the third and last point i wanna make is concerning Hutori. While Hutori has a underlying tone to it that partially explains it remaining a GP (extensive cultural influence and far reaching agencies) in my opinion Hutori has, like Dorvik, not payed attention to many world affairs besides its wars with neighbours. While Hutori is respected and its influences reaches far it hasnt actually exercised its influence in any effective way over the part term. Again for Hutori its a double edged sword. It holds significant underlying influence. But i believe a GP should use that influence one way or another, something Yingdala has done in the form of using cultural influence and economic interests to pull the strings in most of Seleya and Dovani.

Just my thoughts. Looking forward to the response.
Playing in:

Istapali
Rogue

Postby colonelvesica » Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:18 pm

Mr.God wrote:Overall i feel like the changes are good. There are two to three things im a bit conflicted about however. First of all lets start with Deltaria. Why was it upgraded to Very Strong economy? For half the month there was a economic crisis, economic uncertainty and a large growth in debt. Dont get me wrong im not complaining per se but i have a gut feeling it would have been more realistic if it stayed a strong economy, especially in light of the economic uncertainty all around. Had it something to do with expanding influence instead of the economy itself?

Secondly. I must say im a bit suprised Dorvik remained both a GP and a Very Strong economy. Lets start with its GP status. Dorvik has, over the past RL month and thus IG years, barely projected influence outside of Artania. Now this is a policy issue. Dorvik decides to focus on Artania. But i believe it isnt even capable of projecting power much further then the continent as can be demonstrated by several foreign policy initiatives which didnt get off the ground (warning keymon, to which Keymon barely responded) amongst other things like the NC reemerging but not being a active partnership. On top of that there has only been one real post concerning the military, which i dont take as a indicator for a nations influence per se, but building 10 submarines in 14 IG years and not doing much else with someones military in terms of protecting international allies, projecting power etc etc doesnt strike me as being a GP. A GP involves itself in affairs. They work with international allies and either exert influence for the betterment of other nations or for their own gain (if RPed in a sufficient manner) i dont think that has been the case with Dorvik. When it comes to its economy its more justifiable. Its been mostly unscathed from international instability and reserved to itself, allowing it to steadily grow. Still i would like to hear the justification for keeping it a Very Strong economy

Now the third and last point i wanna make is concerning Hutori. While Hutori has a underlying tone to it that partially explains it remaining a GP (extensive cultural influence and far reaching agencies) in my opinion Hutori has, like Dorvik, not payed attention to many world affairs besides its wars with neighbours. While Hutori is respected and its influences reaches far it hasnt actually exercised its influence in any effective way over the part term. Again for Hutori its a double edged sword. It holds significant underlying influence. But i believe a GP should use that influence one way or another, something Yingdala has done in the form of using cultural influence and economic interests to pull the strings in most of Seleya and Dovani.

Just my thoughts. Looking forward to the response.

I can speak for everything except Hutori; I wasn't involved in the conversations about Hutori, they handled were handled between James and Farsun.

To be honest, both James and Farsun thought Deltaria should be upgraded to a Very Strong Economy, I noted that you had self imposed a recession on yourself; but the overwhelming amount of Role Play that you went through to develop and diversify the Deltarian economy did not go unnoticed and subsequently you were upgraded. If you're elected to keep yourself at Strong at best... that can of course be arranged.

Speaking on behalf of Dorvik remaining a Declining Great Power, while the Military expansion wasn't critical, and military affairs were kept reliatively locally, it was involved in the Macon War, a War that last 6 IG years (almost half of the month) where it was very active, and a critical partner with Hutori and Telamon. Further in the post war, they are heavily involved in the Occupation of the nation, in addition to the rebuilding of the economy. There are quite a few examples of Dorvische development of their economy and economic influence.

If you'd like I can post a link to all of the posts that I found that warranted it keeping it's status.

As for Hutori, I'll let either Farsun or James speak for that. I in fact argued for the downgrading of Hutori's economy to Strong, I openly pointed out the economic strain of sustain combat operations first in Keymon, the Macon War, then the absurd costs associated with occupying first Davostan and then all of Telamon.
The Last of his Name
colonelvesica

Postby jamescfm » Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:30 pm

From my perspective the primary motivation behind Hutori retaining its position as a "great power" was the Makon war. I think it would be fair to say that through this conflict the country reaffirmed its position as the hegemonic power in the wider region (probably extending to include Keris) and among the most powerful military powers in the world. I would agree that it is probably not involved in global "projection" of influence to the same extent as Yingdala but I don't think that any country is.
jamescfm

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback