World Congress Discussion

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

World Congress Discussion

Postby Auditorii » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:14 am

I wanted to lead a discussion on the World Congress and get people's ideas on the World Congress and its overall function. It's no secret that the World Congress has had some ups and downs, but I think for the time being that Classic has left, however much time that is, we can make some changes and updates to it.

Here is my original ideas that were posted last year: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=8304

Some of the key things that I want to do are:

1. Eliminate the "General Assembly Resolutions" which are difficult due to the requirement that Moderation add in new laws and it becomes tedious work IMHO. With this, the General Assembly will become the default "chatting area" for all parties, groups and nations;

2. Changes to the Security Council. I'm really looking for ideas for people to take a look at the Security Council and say...how can we make this work? I have a few ideas myself but none really drift apart from the current model.
Image Dorvik | Image Zardugal | Image Ostland (FBC)
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Re: World Congress Discussion

Postby CLZ4 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:27 am

Hi Auditorii, sorry about my late feedback.

I have a suggestion: when General Assembly meetings or the like are held, would it be a good idea if every nation got a notification message? I know having to send the same thing many times is a bit tedious, but I think that this is worthwhile because it would ensure that players don't miss out, as well as reaching out to those new to the game. Just something for your consideration.

Thanks,
CLZ4
CLZ4

Postby Auditorii » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:14 pm

CLZ4 wrote:Hi Auditorii, sorry about my late feedback.

I have a suggestion: when General Assembly meetings or the like are held, would it be a good idea if every nation got a notification message? I know having to send the same thing many times is a bit tedious, but I think that this is worthwhile because it would ensure that players don't miss out, as well as reaching out to those new to the game. Just something for your consideration.

Thanks,
CLZ4

It'd be very difficult to notify everyone when discussions are posted due to the fact there is no system.
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby Nasxal » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:51 pm

Would making a member group on this forum for player reps of nations work in sending a group DM to them, or would that just change the username color and not much else?
Nasxal

Postby Auditorii » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:05 pm

Nasxal wrote:Would making a member group on this forum for player reps of nations work in sending a group DM to them, or would that just change the username color and not much else?

A player group would in theory work, but again, with the ever changing nature of the game and the difficulty to relying on Wouter for forum administration, it makes it s relatively difficult/impossible task.
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Return to General