OOC War Planning for Deltarian War

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Re: OOC War Planning for Deltarian War

Postby Rogue » Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:33 pm

OOC: Ive promised to make the remainder of the RP realistic and i simply dont think this would be realistic. Sure, istalian subs could launch cruise missiles against defensive positions in Jakania during the amphibious assault and liberation mission. But not against the deltarian mainland simply because its to well protect from minor missile attacks (The HEAT system is still operational). Then. For Istalian bombers. How would those long range bombers reach Deltaria? They cant violate Solentian and Kalopian airspace. And even if they do. What would stop the deltarian airforce, which is not jet engaged with coalition air units, from intercepting those bombers before they can drop their payload?

I would propose the following: Istalian subs launch cruise missiles on deltarian defensive positions in Jakania during the coalition liberation operation and Istalian air units can bomb deltarian targets but ONLY when the ground and air campaigns against the Deltarian mainland have started. This is the most realistic approach i believe and would still show the Istalian people that Istalia is fighting along.
Playing in:

Istapali
Rogue

Postby Auditorii » Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:47 am

Mr.God wrote:OOC: Ive promised to make the remainder of the RP realistic and i simply dont think this would be realistic. Sure, istalian subs could launch cruise missiles against defensive positions in Jakania during the amphibious assault and liberation mission. But not against the deltarian mainland simply because its to well protect from minor missile attacks (The HEAT system is still operational). Then. For Istalian bombers. How would those long range bombers reach Deltaria? They cant violate Solentian and Kalopian airspace. And even if they do. What would stop the deltarian airforce, which is not jet engaged with coalition air units, from intercepting those bombers before they can drop their payload?

I would propose the following: Istalian subs launch cruise missiles on deltarian defensive positions in Jakania during the coalition liberation operation and Istalian air units can bomb deltarian targets but ONLY when the ground and air campaigns against the Deltarian mainland have started. This is the most realistic approach i believe and would still show the Istalian people that Istalia is fighting along.

I think this is getting far too technical, it is possible and it is realistic. Will you shoot down some missiles? Sure. Can you prevent some missiles? Sure. If they launch enough, they're going to hit their target regardless. Most air defense systems that would be possessed in PT are untested when it comes to real world application. We've had failed missile interception tests by the Patriot Missile System, AEGIS, the Russian S-300/S-400 systems, Chinese systems, Israeli systems such as the "Iron Dome". So I'd say that in order to keep things fun and less technical we recognize that no, not every single cruise missile is going to land and hit its target, some will inevitably be intercepted.
Image Dorvik | Image Zardugal | Image Ostland (FBC)
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby Sisyphus » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:51 am

Agreed. It would be realistic to say some of the Istalian missiles get through, particularly as Vanuku will be simultaneously launching missiles at Deltaria (as per point seven of my plan outlined above). HEAT should have some success, but real life shows us there will be holes in the system.
Sisyphus

Postby Rogue » Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:41 am

Oh i agree with that. I simply assumed that if Istalia would be the only one firing limited missiles they would be intercepted. As ive stated, if the coalition as a whole launches a missile bombing campaign it can be done
Playing in:

Istapali
Rogue

Postby Sisyphus » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:08 am

Ok, that's good. So, we are all in holding pattern now. It is over to you, Mr God, to take all those suggestions and turn it into a consolidated framework for the RP that we can all follow, including the dates the war will run from and too. As suugested, I'd add it to the top of the thread so everyone can see what's going on at a glance.
Sisyphus

Postby Rogue » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:28 am

Okay everyone! I have put the entire timeline in the first post. Pls take a look! And i suggest we start at the invasion of the coalition. I suggest putting dates on your post with (Postdated) behind them so people know this is all planned. I also suggest not making this take to long. One post on the invasion, one or two about the liberation of Jakania and another 1 or two about the battle for Deltaria. Specific scenes like the siege of Cahtice could have their own "special" posts. Looking forward to all your posts!
Playing in:

Istapali
Rogue

Postby Auditorii » Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:30 pm

The overall timeline looks good to me.
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby Auditorii » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:56 am

Perhaps we can get a thread started on Monday and get the RP rolling?
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby XanderOne » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:51 am

Can I post this article about first coalition's raids on the Deltarian war thread?

Deltarian Air Force, as said on the Deltarian newspaper, is limited and focused on the most strategical deltarian positions. Thus, I think reasonable that the Coalition proceed before the amphibious attack with air strikes to undermine the capabilities of the Deltarian forces in Jakania to receive supplies from the homeland.

Both Kalopia and Kazulia gave permission to Istalian Air Force to use the bases in Kalopia to make depart the strikes (I assume that if they gave permission to Istalia, the whole coalition can count on these air bases).

Let me know if there is something to change.

Thank you
XanderOne

Postby Rogue » Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:09 pm

XanderOne wrote:Can I post this article about first coalition's raids on the Deltarian war thread?

Deltarian Air Force, as said on the Deltarian newspaper, is limited and focused on the most strategical deltarian positions. Thus, I think reasonable that the Coalition proceed before the amphibious attack with air strikes to undermine the capabilities of the Deltarian forces in Jakania to receive supplies from the homeland.

Both Kalopia and Kazulia gave permission to Istalian Air Force to use the bases in Kalopia to make depart the strikes (I assume that if they gave permission to Istalia, the whole coalition can count on these air bases).

Let me know if there is something to change.

Thank you

Sounds good! Post it :D
Playing in:

Istapali
Rogue

PreviousNext

Return to General