Third World Changes

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Re: Third World Changes

Postby jamescfm » Sun May 10, 2020 4:35 pm

The issue is not just Suyu Llaqta, it extends to the broader region as well (Istapali for example). Eastern Dovani has extensive role-play history of Mesoamerican peoples in the region. I accept and acknowledge that some of these groups are considered "inaccessible" by certain players and I am happy to concede that they should not be retained as the majority groups in either country.

Nonetheless some recognition of their existence would be nice, otherwise not only is the entire history of that region being ret-conned but the names of the countries no longer even make sense. All I would ask is that the descriptions make some reference to the peoples that are supposed to have originated there. I am more than happy for the majority of the populations to remain as "African"-based ethnic groups.
jamescfm

Postby Auditorii » Sun May 10, 2020 4:36 pm

Okay, I'll include them as very minor minorities in these countries as recognition for the previous RP (be it small or large).
Image Dorvik | Image Zardugal | Image Ostland (FBC)
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby jamescfm » Sun May 10, 2020 4:40 pm

Thank you, I appreciate it.
jamescfm

Postby Auditorii » Sun May 10, 2020 5:57 pm

Original changes
North Dovani - Igbo and Hausa (Inspirations: West African states outside of Nigeria, Niger, Chad, Mauritania)
↳ Degalogesa will be absorbed by North Dovani to form "North Dovani"
Cifutingan – African Arab (Inspirations: Sudan, South Sudan)
New Englia – Irish and Luthorian (Inspirations: Northern Ireland)
Suyu Llaqta – African (Inspirations: Democratic Republic of the Congo, Congo)
Kurageri – African (Inspirations: Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, Uganda)
Liore – African (Inspirations: Kenya)
Istapali – African and African Arab (Inspiration: Chad, Cameroon, Central African Republic)
Utari Mosir – Japanese and Russian
Ostland – Japanese and German
New Verham – Mongolian, Dutch and Jelbek
Midway – Malagasy (Inspiration: Madagascar)
Statrica – Somali (Inspiration: Somalia) with very tiny Croatian colony on western coast
Ntoto – Filipino (Inspiration: Philippines)
Bianjie – Japanese, Manchu and Bhutanese (Inspiration: Manchuria and Bhutan)
Rapa Pile – Tamil (Inspiration: Sri Lanka, Maldives)
Utembo – Tibetan (Inspiration: Independent Tibet)
Hanzen – Thai (Inspiration: Thailand)
Kimlien – Vietnamese (Inspiration: Vietnamese)
Xsampa – Pashto (Inspiration: Afghanistan)
Medina – Urdu (Inspiration: Pakistan)
New Alduria – French and Haitian Creole (Inspiration: Caribbean islands, namely Haiti)
Noumonde – French and Malay (Inspiration: Malaysia)
Temania – Indonesian (Inspiration: Indonesia)
Tropica – Polynesian and Luthorian (Inspiration: New Zealand)

Revised and updated list
North Dovani
-- Majority: Igbo and Hausa (Inspiration are West African nations outside of Nigeria, Chad and Mauritania)
-- Notable minorities: Kyo (Korean), Draddwyr (Welsh), Kazulian (Variety of ethnic nords), Degalogesan (Various Native American tribes)
-- RP notes: Degalogesa conducted a referendum and its majority Igbo and Hausan ethnic groups voted for a unification with North Dovani.

Mina (formerly Cifutingan)
-- Majority: African Arab (Inspirations are primarily Sudan and South Sudan)

New Englia
-- Majority: Onglian (Culturally Northern Irish)
-- Notable minorities: Luthori (English)

Suyu Llaqta
-- Majority: Kitembo (Swahili, influences from the Democratic Republic of the Congo and the Congo)
-- Notable minorities: Llaqta (Quechua), Istapali (Nahuatl)
-- RP notes: Llaqtan and Istapali were sponsored colonial powers by Hulstria (Austrian) who were used to control the Suyu tribe (who are Swahili) and eventually a peace was agreed to.

Kurageri
-- Majority: Kitembo (Swahili, influences from Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, Uganda)
-- Notable minorities: Kunihito (Japanese)

Liore
-- Majority: Kitembo (Swahili, influences from Kenya)
-- Notable minorities: Rokhi (Guarani)

Istapali
-- Ethnic groups: Dovani Majatran (African Arab), Kitembo (Swahili), Keobi (Igbo), Orun (Yoruba), Watembo (Somali), Huhoa (Hausa) and Douwu (Chicewa)
-- RP notes: The Douwu played a pivotal role in the development of the country but were largely the minority compared to the other groups and eventually were largely overtaken by the East Dovani ethnicities at the turn of the 46th century.

Utari Mosir
-- Ethnic groups: Utari (Ainu, culturally divided between Far East Russian Ainu and Japanese Ainu)
-- Notable minorities: Hulstria (Austrian)
-- RP notes: The Utari are ethnically Ainu but are divided between Kunihito Utari (Japanese speaking Ainu) and Kepi Utari (Russian speaking Ainu) in order to facilitate ease of access.

Ostland
-- Shared majorities: Hulstrian (Austrian) and Kunihito (Japanese)

New Verham
-- Majority: Mu-Tze (Mongolian) peoples who speak Panuman (Mongolian language)
-- Notable minorities: Jelbek (Central Asian mix), Vanukeaans (Dutch)
-- RP notes: As Dutch has largely been RP'd as removed from Vanuku, I'll leave this for Kubrick and other Vanuku players to comment on.

Midway
-- Ethnic groups: Likely impacted by East Dovani, not 100% yet.

Statrica
-- Majority: Kuawi (Somali)
-- Notable minorities: Statrican (Slavic), Orinco (Mayan)
-- RP notes: Statrica was developed primarily by myself when I first "colonized" it and it was originally Croatian but James (at the point of this post a joint controller with Wu Han offered it to be something else or retain Croatian, not entirely sure)

Hanzen-Ntoto
-- Ethnic groups: Burmese/Bamar, Bhutanese, Khmer/Cambodia, Thai and Laotian
-- RP notes: Wu Han is working on creating this unified state, not 100% on names or what will become what, largely defer to him for his efforts. Filipino was removed due to its presence in Drania/Dankuk/Dranland

Bianjie
-- Majority: Bianjie (Manchurian)
-- RP notes: lingua franca will be Yingdalan (Chinese) with Kunikata (Japanese) the Bhutanese was removed and sent to Hanzen-Ntoto to be better represented with the cultures there. Thanks Wu Han!

Rapa Pile
-- Ethnic groups: Pilese (Sri Lankan, Maldivian, Mauritian sub-cultures underneath "Pilese")
-- RP notes: Due to the location there is an influence from the modern Vascanian Empire and its sub-cultures.

Utembo
-- Ethnic groups: Utemban (Tibetan)
-- RP notes: Swahili was moved to East Dovani and Utembo was swapped with Xsampan. Yingdalan (Chinese) is a notable minority within the country.

Kimlien
-- Majority: Dinh (Vietnamese)
-- Notable minorities: Yingdalan (Chinese)

Bazgaristan (formerly Xsampa)
-- Majority: Bazgari (based culturally around Afghani)
-- Notable minorities: Xsampan (Yingdalan)
-- RP notes: There was some discussion on creating in-game cultural groups related to Afghanistan and Pakistan as well as influences from the modern Vascanian Empire. The native Bazgari eventually rose up and overthrew their Xsampan (Yingdalan) King and became the majority government that they were.

Medina
-- Majority; Medinan (based culturally around Pakistani)
-- RP notes: Tamil was moved primarily to Rapa Pile, as mentioned above there was some movement for an Afghanistan and Pakistan analogue as well as increasing the diversity of southern Dovani.

New Alduria
-- Majority: Pinnois (Haitian) who speak Kreyòl Aldurien (Haitian Creole)
-- Notable minorities: Canrillaise (French) and Luthorian (English)

Confederation of Temania (Noumonde and Temania)
-- Ethnic groups: Malgy (Malagasy/Malagsy), Nelayan (Indonesian), Mondesian (Malay), Mondesian-Nelayn (Indonesian Malay), Kahadean (Sunhalese), Manmerian (Papuan)
-- RP notes: This has been an on-going discussion, some of the names are tweaked/edited based on a map that Locke sent me via PM.

Tropica
-- Majority: Tropican (Polynesian speaking primarily Maori aka Tropican)
-- Notable minorities: Luthorian (English)

Dalibor
-- Majority: Yingdalan (Chinese)

Vascanian Empire (Kalkalistan and Vanakalam)
-- Ethnic groups: Rajutti (Hindi), Zaqrami (Urdu), Ananti (Punjabi), Rajavanshi (Gujarati), Khoni (Sindhi) and Bhapori (Kashmiri)
-- RP notes: If I am being entirely honest, this was always the most confusing to me regarding the ethnic composition. We've moved Tamil to Rapa Pile so it would make sense to have another primary language.
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby jamescfm » Sun May 10, 2020 7:47 pm

Haven't had time to properly review this list yet, so there may yet be other issues but one thing stands out to me: you seem to have merged Noumonde and Temania. The three of us (you, me and Locke) agreed to some changes to the two countries earlier in this thread, primarily to preserve the role-play that was performed in Noumonde. The merging of the countries was something we discussed and specifically rejected. I'm not sure why you're proposing it again.
jamescfm

Postby Auditorii » Sun May 10, 2020 8:11 pm

jamescfm wrote:Haven't had time to properly review this list yet, so there may yet be other issues but one thing stands out to me: you seem to have merged Noumonde and Temania. The three of us (you, me and Locke) agreed to some changes to the two countries earlier in this thread, primarily to preserve the role-play that was performed in Noumonde. The merging of the countries was something we discussed and specifically rejected. I'm not sure why you're proposing it again.

Locke sent me a PM containing an image stating the "Confederation of Temania" perhaps I misinterpreted this. Ill edit it.
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby Locke1342 » Sun May 10, 2020 8:52 pm

Sorry, I might have been a little a vague. Just confirming that The Confederation of Temania is just Temania as we agreed.

Its probably just a quick typo, but the Kahadean were my suggestion for the IG version of the Sundanese people who are the second largest ethnic group in Indonesia rather than the Sunhalese as written.
Image Noumonde
Locke1342

Postby Locke1342 » Tue May 12, 2020 6:58 pm

Auditorii wrote:
jamescfm wrote:Haven't had time to properly review this list yet, so there may yet be other issues but one thing stands out to me: you seem to have merged Noumonde and Temania. The three of us (you, me and Locke) agreed to some changes to the two countries earlier in this thread, primarily to preserve the role-play that was performed in Noumonde. The merging of the countries was something we discussed and specifically rejected. I'm not sure why you're proposing it again.

Locke sent me a PM containing an image stating the "Confederation of Temania" perhaps I misinterpreted this. Ill edit it.

Hi any update on this? Quite like to get going with the RP.
Image Noumonde
Locke1342

Postby Auditorii » Tue May 12, 2020 8:24 pm

Locke1342 wrote:
Auditorii wrote:

Hi any update on this? Quite like to get going with the RP.

Youve already been approved? This thread is serving for updates, tweaks and hours keeping. Your issue was resolved.

I'll edit it when I can.
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby Locke1342 » Tue May 12, 2020 9:05 pm

Sorry. Just seeking clarity; wasn't sure. Thanks
Image Noumonde
Locke1342

PreviousNext

Return to General