3rd Kyo-Kazulian War: Planning Thread

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Re: 3rd Kyo-Kazulian War: Planning Thread

Postby Maxington » Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:39 am

Kim Il-Sung wrote:(Apologies for being late, preparing for the holidays has immensely cut back on our abilities to coordinate. “Negotiations” have been delegated to me personally, so there might be a slight change in pace or tone.)

Your proposal is rather interesting, however I have fears of the issue of an independent Eljang and Reunii in game. On paper it’s sovereignty would have to be recognized, but the provinces belong to Kyoseon only in game and there is a chance that new players might ignore or be ignorant to Kazulian presence in the south. Furthermore, Kyo players could possibly refuse to negotiate with Kazulia over the provinces, and unlike the past where there was a mandate, we’re talking about an entirely “independent” Eljang and Reunii. This would mean for Kyo players that, unless another war or treaty happens, they only control half of the nation lore-wise, which I imagine could get irritating at times, In addition, I don’t see any sort of way the developers would want to create another country for the sake of this argument, especially considering that there are essentially no differences between economic systems in game, the major cause for the north-south divide in Kyoseon. (I myself was at first confused when I stumbled across the situation in Eljang and Reunii).

As such, I (and the others agree) believe that the best course of action from here would be to have this turn into a Vietnam. Unfortunately, for reasons I’d rather not disclose, I’m not available on discord at the moment, and as such this is our quickest means of communication outside of Particracy’s message system. After the 25th, I should be able to respond within 7 hours of your newest message, so please bear with me.

I have no problem with you turning this into a vietnam (but note that once again i remind you that this isn't Kazulia's first rodeo in counter-insurgency).

It is for this very reason we have RP Laws that are enforced by moderation. RP Law(s) can be made to (1) enforce the scenario of an independent Eljang and Reunii and (2) clearly inform the players of the RP-role-play, with specific emphasis being placed on explaining how we arrived at certain points. Regardless is some player wants to be arrogant, the RP-Law will stick and will be enforced by moderation. So the sentiment of arrogant players is off the table because roleplay like this has happened prior and the RP Laws have stood in placed to protect the RP and inform the players.
"The future of the Nation is in the children's school bags" ~ Dr. Eric Williams
President of the Trond Henrichsen Institute for International Affairs.
Maxington

Postby Kim Il-Sung » Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:01 pm

Alright, good to know. I’d prefer some change in borders at the end of the war, but if it’s the only agreement we can reach than I’d rather go with your scenario than squabble for 6 months about the exact outcome of the war. Unfortunately, there’s been a family emergency and I need some time to mourn, so I apologize in advance if I’m incredibly irresponsive during this period.
Kim Il-Sung

Postby Maxington » Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:38 am

Kim Il-Sung wrote:Alright, good to know. I’d prefer some change in borders at the end of the war, but if it’s the only agreement we can reach than I’d rather go with your scenario than squabble for 6 months about the exact outcome of the war. Unfortunately, there’s been a family emergency and I need some time to mourn, so I apologize in advance if I’m incredibly irresponsive during this period.

I completely understand. I'll present a more in depth "script" for the RP in the future, once i find time. In the meanwhile Happy New Year. :mrgreen:
"The future of the Nation is in the children's school bags" ~ Dr. Eric Williams
President of the Trond Henrichsen Institute for International Affairs.
Maxington

Previous

Return to General