Say your piece, make suggestions and offer feedback to any aspect of the game.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: Update to the Global Populations: Consultations

Postby alaskancrabpuffs21 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:20 am

Dolgava's Population should be up due to increased quality of life and increased economic strength. I would say Ntoto's should be down due to the Civil War which killed off a portion of the Ntotoan populous
"Alaskan"
Dolgovas konservatīvā partija (Dolgava) info
Also in Hanzen
My RP: Dolgava

Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning - Erwin Rommel
alaskancrabpuffs21

Postby Aquinas » Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:28 pm

I have always liked to imagine Maliva having a huge population, much of it very poor, like RL India. So I would request as much of a population increase for Malivia as you guy feels you can reasonably allow. Naturally, I appreciate you may feel constrained, as Malivia already has the largest population in Artania, and it has also not been RPed much for a while.
Aquinas

Postby colonelvesica » Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:56 pm

Aquinas wrote:I have always liked to imagine Maliva having a huge population, much of it very poor, like RL India. So I would request as much of a population increase for Malivia as you guy feels you can reasonably allow. Naturally, I appreciate you may feel constrained, as Malivia already has the largest population in Artania, and it has also not been RPed much for a while.

Seems acceptable and quite in line to how you were Role Playing it in the past. Is there a percentage of growth, rather then a hard number you feel would be appropiate?
The Last of his Name
colonelvesica

Postby jamescfm » Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:32 pm

Looking at the population figures more generally and with no particular interest in the country, Dalibor would perhaps benefit from an increased population. Compared to the countries and territories it is inspired by (e.g. Hong Kong, Macau and Singapore), it has a much lower population density. I would recommend somewhere closer to 6 million.
jamescfm

Postby robmark0000 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:20 pm

As of Endralon, I am perfectly fine with the current numbers (71 millions). I would welcome if that would not change, neither decrease or increase; maximum only minimally (like 1 million or some more thousands of hundreds). Thank you in advance.

As the observer of RPs since April, 2020:
- I support Liore's growth in the way Chitin outlined;
- I support Davostan's growth in the way Augustus outlined;
- I support Jakania's and Dalibor's growth and Rapa Pile's decrease as James outlined;
- I support Dolgava's growth (although not on an extreme level, like from 35 millions to 40-45 millions) and Ntoto's stagnancy/decrease as Alaskan outlined;
- I support Malivia's growth in the way Aquinas outlined.
Information: Player Profile here, Musical Profile here, Political Compass here.
World Congress Coordinator

"Only the Young can run. So run, and run, and run!" ~ Taylor Swift
robmark0000

Location: Hungary / Magyarország (my liberal soul is in prison here, big big sadness)

Postby Drax » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:08 pm

Think Badara population would go up some with urbanizing accompanying economy improvement plus taking in 250000 from Lodamunn, and lots from Pontesi amounting to at least 400000.
Neue Dundorfische Zentrumspartei (NDZP), Dundorf, Active
Deltarianska Narodna Strana (DNS), Deltaria, Active
Dedicated to the proposition.
Drax

Postby jamescfm » Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:55 pm

Further thoughts on the population figures on the countries that I have played in recently. Aldegar is probably fine at the moment though perhaps an extra few hundred thousand would be justified if we were looking to simulate something like dynamic figures. Tropica should get a modest increase in my opinion, to around 42-44 million. At the moment it is even more sparsely populated than real-life New Zealand (one of the most sparsely populated countries in the world).

I think it would be reasonable to reduce the population of Dorvik. The primary reason that I think the population should be lower is that the country has always been role-played as having a cold climate similar (at least in my estimation) to the Scandinavian countries, which are quite sparsely population partly as a result of their geography. Despite this Dorvik has a higher population density than any other country in Artania (including Malivia, which is based on India).

In in-game terms, the reduction could be explained in a variety of ways. Dorvik has been an authoritarian state for many years, so it is reasonable that a certain number of people would have left the country for political reasons during that period. Likewise it has been consistently ranked among the most economically developed countries in the world and from real-life, we know that economic development usually results in lower birth rates. As a result of the combination of these two factors, perhaps a drop to somewhere in the region of 135-140 million would be sensible?
jamescfm

Re: Feedback: Population Information

Postby Zongxian » Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:21 pm

How firm are the population calculations from last year and would it be possible to have adjusted numbers approved?

I've been working with Dankuk's 26,557,632 number, which is pretty low, but that's not actually my concern. While updating the totals on the Kyo people article I discovered that Indrala (5% Kyo, 14.2 million) has a larger number of Kyo than Dankuk (34% Kyo, 9.0 million). There is RP history for a major Kyo refugee population emerging in Indrala but I don't think they should have more Kyo than the actual Kyo homeland.

And so my request, if permissible, is to increase Dankuk's population to somewhere in the range of 45,000,000 to 50,000,000. This would place the Dranian Kyo population between 15.3 and 17.0 million, surpassing Indrala.
Zongxian

Re: Feedback: Population Information

Postby jamescfm » Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:03 am

Moderation opened a separate thread on this here. I think probably the threads could be merged but maybe there was a reason for separating the discussion out. For what it's worth, it's not uncommon for diaspora populations to exceed the population in the "homeland". Irish people are an example that springs to mind.
jamescfm

Postby Aquinas » Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:40 am

colonelvesica wrote:
Aquinas wrote:I have always liked to imagine Maliva having a huge population, much of it very poor, like RL India. So I would request as much of a population increase for Malivia as you guy feels you can reasonably allow. Naturally, I appreciate you may feel constrained, as Malivia already has the largest population in Artania, and it has also not been RPed much for a while.

Seems acceptable and quite in line to how you were Role Playing it in the past. Is there a percentage of growth, rather then a hard number you feel would be appropiate?

I am literally asking for as big a population increase as you can give me, although naturally I'm reasonable/realistic enough to appreciate you will have limits in mind.
Aquinas

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback