Say your piece, make suggestions and offer feedback to any aspect of the game.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: Update to the Global Populations: Consultations

Postby Rogue » Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:31 am

Would request a increase in the Deltarian population to around 130.000.000, largely a result of the last century in which rapid economic decline, a planned economy and less economic freedom had led to a increase in the population. It will stagnate at this number again as incomes rise.
Playing in:

Istapali
Rogue

Postby Aethan » Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:15 pm

Selucia has not suffered any major events leading to a big increase/decrease in its general population. Although the considerably improved living conditions and investments in health and science and work-life balance for parents contribute to a longer life expectancy and a better birth rate, so perhaps, also linked to regular immigration in search of a better future on the part of other nations may lead to some increase in the total number of Selucia's inhabitants
In Marea - Civis Sinistram - Selucia Former
Left Bloc - Istalia
Bright Spring - Kirlawa

PT Wiki Admin
Aethan

Postby Zongxian » Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:22 pm

Bringing over my comment from the other thread to properly make it part of this consultation:

While updating totals on the Kyo people article I discovered that Indrala (5% Kyo, 14.2 million) has a larger number of Kyo than Dankuk (34% Kyo, 9.0 million). There is RP history for a major Kyo refugee population emerging in Indrala but I don't think they should have more Kyo than the actual Kyo homeland. The tricky part of my request here is that it's much more of a retcon than a RP-based adjustment for population growth/decline.

If the retcon would be permissible, I'd ask for Dankuk's population to be between 45,000,000 to 50,000,000. This would place the Dranian Kyo population between 15.3 and 17.0 million, surpassing Indrala.

I don't have a request for RP-based population change, although I do think Dankuk's current 26,557,632 total is low. For the time being there admittedly isn't much RP to make strong arguments on this. My main concern is seeing whether or not the retcon is possible.
Zongxian

Postby colonelvesica » Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:14 pm

Alright other then the numbers that have been mentioned, would everyone be comfortable with me increasing all nation's population's by overall, 5 - 10%?
The Last of his Name
colonelvesica

Re: Feedback: Population Information

Postby colonelvesica » Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:37 pm

I have formally updated the population figures.

I encourage everyone to take a look at it, then let me know if there is any questions, or any modifications you'd like me to take care of.
The Last of his Name
colonelvesica

Postby jellybean » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:42 am

colonelvesica wrote:Alright other then the numbers that have been mentioned, would everyone be comfortable with me increasing all nation's population's by overall, 5 - 10%?

I think this is very reasonable, although I'd suggest decreasing the growth of more economically developed nations. It would also be great if population control variables were included in the increase, although I know that'd be more work.
jellybean

Postby jellybean » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:14 am

Thank you for updating the population numbers!

I think Hobrazia should be closer to 63-65 million. The nation has had a stable political system and growing economy for some time now, and the government has explicitly pursued population growth and legally encourages it.
jellybean

Postby colonelvesica » Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:28 pm

jellybean wrote:
colonelvesica wrote:Alright other then the numbers that have been mentioned, would everyone be comfortable with me increasing all nation's population's by overall, 5 - 10%?

I think this is very reasonable, although I'd suggest decreasing the growth of more economically developed nations. It would also be great if population control variables were included in the increase, although I know that'd be more work.
Definitely things I'll consider next time I do a major update to the global population.
The Last of his Name
colonelvesica

Postby colonelvesica » Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:29 pm

jellybean wrote:Thank you for updating the population numbers!

I think Hobrazia should be closer to 63-65 million. The nation has had a stable political system and growing economy for some time now, and the government has explicitly pursued population growth and legally encourages it.

Define "for some time". There are nations on there that have been stable for the past 200 years that only got a 5% increase in their population. I don't mind ever increasing or decreasing population based on Role Play, but I do need to see the Role play behind it.
The Last of his Name
colonelvesica

Postby Drax » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:27 pm

Thought Badara determination was right.
Neue Dundorfische Zentrumspartei (NDZP), Dundorf, Active
Deltarianska Narodna Strana (DNS), Deltaria, Active
Dedicated to the proposition.
Drax

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback