Announcement: World Congress Coordinator James

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Announcement: World Congress Coordinator James

Postby Auditorii » Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:16 pm

Hello all!

I am writing to inform you that our returning friend James has decided to take over the role of World Congress Coordinator! We look forward to the work he will do with the organization and I wish him the best of luck.
Image Dorvik | Image Zardugal | Image Ostland (FBC)
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Re: Announcement: World Congress Coordinator James

Postby Masionette9 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:24 pm

Congratulations!
Party of National Coalition (Valruzia) - active
Kalistan Democratic Party (Kalistan) - inactive
Masionette9

Postby jamescfm » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:31 am

Thanks, I intend to get straight down to business! On that note, if anyone has suggestions, questions or complaints about how the World Congress operates then please let me know and I'll do my best to improve things.
jamescfm

Postby Reddy » Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:13 pm

A fine and experienced choice. Congrats James.
To live outside the law, you must be honest.
Reddy

Postby jamescfm » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:10 pm

Thanks, Reddy. Just thought I would offer a quick update and some guidance about what I have planned for the next few days and weeks.

My first task has been to deal with the archived material in the World Congress sub-forum, which needed some organisation. For the sake of record and easy access, I have created a "World Congress Archive Directory" which contains links to every session of the General Assembly and Security Council that is easily found. In the process of doing so, I found a few threads that were in the wrong location (e.g. one of the Security Council sessions was in the Resolutions archive) and removed several out-of-date or redundant threads. Over the coming days, I hope to establish a similar directory for resolutions, although this may prove a larger task. If anyone notices anything wrong with the directory or knows the whereabouts of the elusive sessions then please let me know.

I am hoping that Security Council elections will go ahead on the first of next month despite not doing so at the beginning of this month, though I need confirmation from Moderation on this. Aside from administration, I hope to help other players with the development of World Congress organisations addressing health, food and so on. Once again if anyone has comments, suggestions or queries of any kind, please contact me and let me know about them.
jamescfm

Postby Auditorii » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:30 pm

I started the 26th session (which is actually not really the 26th) a little later (13th/14th iirc) so it would be smart to have the elections starting May 5th. You've got my go ahead on that for certain.
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby Auditorii » Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:45 pm

I wanted to publicly acknowledge and thank James for his diligent work over the past few days. Players may or may not notice that James has spent a better part of his game time attempting to manage the mess that the World Congress is, mostly in terms of housekeeping. He's done a great job with the sort of "back end" work within the forum and sometimes that goes unnoticed.

I just wanted to give him a shout out for doing a great job with the administrative nature of the World Congress and I am sure that he will continue to move the organization forward!

Thanks James!
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby Luis1p » Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:58 pm

Agreed. Excellent job James
Luis1p

Postby jamescfm » Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:04 pm

Thank you both! I've done most of the work in terms of organising the archive of General Assembly and Security Council sessions. A couple of oddities exist, where sessions that should have been split at the time weren't, meaning there are some sessions that begin in the middle of a discussion. The next task is to formalise and catalogue all of the resolutions that have been proposed. While this is less urgent, it is an important job that I'll continue to work on for the next few weeks in my spare time. All of this alongside encouraging activity within the active sessions.
jamescfm

Return to General