Bianjie conflict

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Bianjie conflict

Postby jamescfm » Sat May 02, 2020 9:56 pm

Aside from being a bizarre piece of role-play, it's not in very good spirit for players to pull the rug out from each other like has just happened in Bianjie.

Could the player who's done this offer some explanation as to what we're supposed to make of a post like this? In the absence of one, I'd suggest that we persist as though the violence did happen and write the follow-up post off as further propaganda. In future, it's polite to make clear the nature of the claims you're making because simply put, nobody wants to role-play with someone who is only out to one-up them.
jamescfm

Re: Bianjie conflict

Postby alaskancrabpuffs21 » Sat May 02, 2020 10:17 pm

To clear up some things, It is in the realm of possibility that a rouge state could fake an attack to get foreigners out of their country. Also this is a unstable psychotic dictatorship and this is the state run media in that country. You can do as you please but do remember that nothing in this government (alot like ifl North Korea) doesn't make sense. I'm not taking the Bianjie rp as seriously as I would normally. If you want to start a coalition to invade and change government's however I would gladly replace the psychotic dictatorship with a more stable government.
"Alaskan"
Dolgovas konservatīvā partija (Dolgava) info
Also in Hanzen
My RP: Dolgava

Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning - Erwin Rommel
alaskancrabpuffs21

Postby jamescfm » Sat May 02, 2020 10:24 pm

The issue isn't that "faking an attack" is unrealistic, the issue is that you didn't give any indication that the attack was faked. Every other player presumably assumed in that case that it was real, with very good reason. If you intended for the attack to be fake, then an out-of-character note at the bottom of the post or a short post in the General Discussion section would've been the sporting thing to do. Instead you let everybody respond on the basis that it were real and then pulled the rug out from under us all.

Nobody expects everybody to disclose everything that they have planned in advance, of course the game has to have some degree of dynamism, but something on this scale is just a bit unfair on everyone else.
jamescfm

Postby Auditorii » Sat May 02, 2020 10:44 pm

I spoke with Alaskan when he first made the post, citing it was a little unrealistic (a concept shared by fellow moderators) to just start something of that scale without ramp up and he intended to edit it but never got the chance to. Instead I posted my news post and I made a post in the Security Council regarding the validity of the whole situation in Bianjie.

I dont quite think its pulling the rug on other players, ultimately its his decision. Others players have created this huge "humanitarian crisis" that doesn't exist realistically. This is mostly because there has been a huge doubt cast over the RP as a whole via my discussion with Alaskan, my news post and my post in the Security Council.

With that being said the intention was to ramp it up following our discussion to eventually culminate into something. I dont think that "attacking" a player over a decision that they made is really the eight course of corrective action.
Image Dorvik | Image Zardugal | Image Ostland (FBC)
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby jamescfm » Sat May 02, 2020 10:57 pm

To be clear, I am not suggesting that alaskancrabpuffs21 has broken any rules or that they don't have a right to conduct this role-play. The reason I created the thread is for them to explain what is going on to other players.

I don't think it's fair for you to say that "others players have created this huge "humanitarian crisis" that doesn't exist realistically". If a player posts in their news thread that they have carried out ethnic cleansing, then others have good reason to believe they're carrying out ethnic cleansing. Why would anybody else think otherwise unless we were told so?

Numerous players (in fact probably most of the currently active player base) responded to the original post, all of those responses now make no sense at all so I believe it is accurate to say the rug has been pulled from under us. My aim here was to give us chance to salvage the role-play. Personally my first response was to abandon it but that would seem a shame.
jamescfm

Postby Auditorii » Sat May 02, 2020 11:06 pm

It is fair to say. Largely because Liu in Indrala was involved in the discussion where the Dorvish government cast a pall over the whole ethnic cleansing mostly due to Alaskan failing to edit his post; to which I notified him I would make a post regarding the validity of the attacks. I did so in my newspaper and in the Security Council. The intent behind my news post and my post in the Security Council was to do precisely as it did, allow the Bianjie government a way to deny it and go from there. The first Bianjie post cites an influx of refugees on the border and a crack down on border security, I don't quite think that equates to a huge humanitarian crisis but perhaps were reading the post very differently. Players in the region can react as they please and it literally prevents nothing from being done about the alleged humanitarian crisis that exists.

There is really no issue with the RP continuing forward, if the Alaskan decides to continue with it, that's his decision if he wishes to do so then he can if he chooses not to then thats that. If he does, the involved parties or those wishing to be involved should discuss with him or reach out and see if he wishes to continue/alter/etc.
Image Dorvik | Image Zardugal | Image Ostland (FBC)
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby jamescfm » Sat May 02, 2020 11:24 pm

I've already made clear that there's an issue with the role-play: alaskancrabpuffs21 made a post that indicated that the government in Bianjie was conducting ethnic cleansing; many players responded to that development; he is now declaring it did not happen. If the ethnic cleansing had not happened then nobody would have responded as they did, we had to take the post at face value since isn't the real world and we do not have the information that real governments would have.

The purpose of this thread, as you suggest, is me reaching out to them. I'm also making a broader point, which is that this kind of move (i.e. unilaterally undermining the work of other players) is not something that I think constitutes good role-play. Once again, I don't believe it is against the rules or that they should be punished, I'm just offering an opinion as a fellow player.
jamescfm

Return to General