Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Re: Feedback: Political protocols

Postby ChengherRares1 » Sun May 17, 2020 2:40 pm

Maybe we could not do that, and instead let the cultural protocols as their are enough to cover even that, anyway, name changes require 2/3 of legislature, so people voted for it, the change is there and hardly can be replaced.
Gabriel Boțan, oldie
Home nations:
Lodamun - main
Kizenia
Rutania

Lodamun above all!
ChengherRares1

Postby Reddy » Sun May 17, 2020 2:46 pm

ChengherRares1 wrote:Maybe we could not do that, and instead let the cultural protocols as their are enough to cover even that, anyway, name changes require 2/3 of legislature, so people voted for it, the change is there and hardly can be replaced.

But that is how cultural protocols, among other things, work. Moderation can refuse to implement cultural protocol changes which violate the Game Rules even when the proposal is voted upon unanimously. The will of the players has to be balanced with other considerations such promoting realistic gameplay. In my proposal, the players could still achieve their desired change once they show enough RP.
To live outside the law, you must be honest.
Reddy

Postby ChengherRares1 » Sun May 17, 2020 2:51 pm

Well I prefer for more fluidity. On the other side, the people when proposing name changes have to be realistic, so their already checked upon by admins. If they deem the name not realistic then they will reject. Look on the rename channel, admins are questioning a player on why the change, so your point falls. The moderator team does check on the country to ensure that it is rped correctly.
Gabriel Boțan, oldie
Home nations:
Lodamun - main
Kizenia
Rutania

Lodamun above all!
ChengherRares1

Postby Reddy » Sun May 17, 2020 4:48 pm

ChengherRares1 wrote: Look on the rename channel, admins are questioning a player on why the change, so your point falls. The moderator team does check on the country to ensure that it is rped correctly.

I think you mean that they check names to ensure that they comply with the nation"s cultural protocols? That is not the kind of RP I mean. I mean something like if UI came to play in Lodamun and won 80% of the vote and then pass a bill renaming Lodamun to "Jelbanian Province of Lodamun" without any RP establishing this.
Reddy

Postby ChengherRares1 » Sun May 17, 2020 4:54 pm

That is the exact thing they check as well. They would not approve that.
Gabriel Boțan, oldie
Home nations:
Lodamun - main
Kizenia
Rutania

Lodamun above all!
ChengherRares1

Postby Reddy » Sun May 17, 2020 5:00 pm

I am almost certain that Moderation would approve of such a change so long as the cultural bits are in order and the vote requirements were fulfilled.
Reddy

Postby ChengherRares1 » Sun May 17, 2020 5:05 pm

No they would not, they need ic proofs of such name, otherwise it is invalid.
Gabriel Boțan, oldie
Home nations:
Lodamun - main
Kizenia
Rutania

Lodamun above all!
ChengherRares1

Postby Reddy » Sun May 17, 2020 5:23 pm

I can't say that I have ever seen it done in the manner you describe. If however it is now done that then that is good.
Reddy

Postby ChengherRares1 » Sun May 17, 2020 5:28 pm

Indeed, the admins are checking the name, the bill and the country it came for, so it is ensuring no weird oddities pass, such as my bill on creation of a "Gay Empire" in Hulstria back in the ol' days.
Gabriel Boțan, oldie
Home nations:
Lodamun - main
Kizenia
Rutania

Lodamun above all!
ChengherRares1

Postby Reddy » Sun May 17, 2020 5:53 pm

Ah I remember that one. Wasn't it dismissed due to the Mods finding some of the variables to be offensive? In any case that was too unrealistic whereas a Jelbek takeover of Lodamun is highly realistic of course...but perhaps not very improbable I suppose my proposal addresses improbability rather realism.
Reddy

PreviousNext

Return to General