Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Postby Auditorii » Wed May 13, 2020 4:57 pm

Greetings all,

This idea had been brought up (and applied to the Third World) in which national newspapers are simply titled as the short name of the nation for instance we have the cases in the Third World: Ostland, Hanzen, New Verham, etc. We wanted to get a feel on what players thought about this for player/playable nations? The idea behind this is that many players write a variety of different newspapers as a "flavor" to their RP, it would streamline the current newspaper, reduce Moderation requests for newspaper renames and generally keep things a little more uniformed.

You can check out its implementation here: viewforum.php?f=24

Thanks all!
Image Dorvik | Image Zardugal | Image Ostland (FBC)
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Re: Feedback: Newspaper names and titles

Postby ChengherRares1 » Thu May 14, 2020 4:07 pm

I wholeheartedly agree with you, this is good idea. If you wish for custom newspaper, just make one in the thread for your country. Saves a lot of time and looks good. Good idea by the moderator team.
Gabriel Boțan, oldie
Home nations:
Lodamun - main
Kizenia
Rutania

Lodamun above all!
ChengherRares1

Postby Locke1342 » Thu May 14, 2020 4:28 pm

Obviously a good idea and one of the few things which may actually be met with unanimous approval.
Image Noumonde
Locke1342

Postby jamescfm » Thu May 14, 2020 4:29 pm

I think this is a sensible change. At one time, it was worth having a "national newspaper thread" but the trend for some time has been for players to create various different publications within the thread, each linked to different subject matters, points of view and political parties. Renaming the thread all the time is no longer useful.
jamescfm

Postby Pragma » Thu May 14, 2020 4:46 pm

jamescfm wrote:I think this is a sensible change. At one time, it was worth having a "national newspaper thread" but the trend for some time has been for players to create various different publications within the thread, each linked to different subject matters, points of view and political parties. Renaming the thread all the time is no longer useful.

100% agree
Currently playing in: Cildania

Image Vascanian Empire
Pragma

Postby Wu Han » Thu May 14, 2020 5:45 pm

1000% agree with this change, as discussed in Discord at an earlier time. You'll note my renaming bill changes our forum newspaper name along these lines :D

Perhaps not the place to discuss (and also likely not necessary) but maybe we could create a forum like "Organizations" or "World Events" titled something like "Literature and Media" for international publications like these (1,2,3,4, and 5 just as some examples) which don't fit with the new style? Then if people want to create a newspaper/magazine that has a really specific identity/scope/mission, they can post it there?

Either way, don't want to distract from my complete support for these changes. I hope everyone can agree so we can get it instituted quickly.
(he/him)
Current: Cildania
Former: Listed Here
Wu Han

Postby Auditorii » Thu May 14, 2020 9:27 pm

Wu Han wrote:1000% agree with this change, as discussed in Discord at an earlier time. You'll note my renaming bill changes our forum newspaper name along these lines :D

Perhaps not the place to discuss (and also likely not necessary) but maybe we could create a forum like "Organizations" or "World Events" titled something like "Literature and Media" for international publications like these (1,2,3,4, and 5 just as some examples) which don't fit with the new style? Then if people want to create a newspaper/magazine that has a really specific identity/scope/mission, they can post it there?

Either way, don't want to distract from my complete support for these changes. I hope everyone can agree so we can get it instituted quickly.

I thought I commented on this, apparently it didn't go through or Vescia is out there trolling my messages ( :lol: ) but we're doing our best to get some tweaks to the forum done.
Image Dorvik | Image Zardugal | Image Ostland (FBC)
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby Rogue » Sat May 16, 2020 1:12 pm

I agree. Seems like a sensible change
Playing in:

Istapali
Rogue

Postby JuliaAJA » Sat May 16, 2020 6:56 pm

I like this idea.
Joined Particracy on: December 18, 2008
Click here for my versions of Siggon's spreadsheets.
JuliaAJA

Postby XanderOne » Thu May 21, 2020 9:48 pm

It is a good idea. It has more sense if players roleplay other newspapers, party newspapers, political oriented newspapers and so on.
XanderOne

Next

Return to General