ISSTC thread

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

ISSTC thread

Postby jamescfm » Fri May 22, 2020 4:10 pm

The purpose of this thread is for discussion of the International Society for the Study of Terran Civilisations. A couple of players have expressed interest in using the ISSTC for posting about people groups in their own country so I thought it may be useful to create a thread where players can discuss the organisation and make suggestions.

The general purpose of the ISSTC is to provide an outlet for posts specifically about languages, ethnic groups and other cultural groupings. Posts of this kind might not be appropriate for national newspapers threads and information on the Particracy Wiki is mostly thought to be semi-canon. When I founded the organisation, the posts were similar to a newspaper article but I have since chose to adopt a more encyclopedic style. I don't mind if other players want to post in the thread, in fact that would be great. For the sake of maintaining a degree of consistency and a high standard though, I would prefer if interested players could send me a draft of their posts before submitting them.

I'd also like to use this thread to highlight some areas of personal interest and potentially as a way of discussing matters of culture in Particracy with other interested players.
jamescfm

Re: ISSTC thread

Postby Augustus Germanus » Mon May 25, 2020 3:03 pm

Hello, I myself have planned to work on this actually to create a good background for the Kivonians in Davostan/Davostag. It would seem weird if they just suddenly popped up. Because of personal stuff and other RP's I have put the project on hold, but I'm going to just put something reasonable together as soon as possible, therefore where do you want me to PM it to you when it's done? Here on the forum?
Nationell Samling in Davostag Image
Augustus Germanus

Postby jamescfm » Mon May 25, 2020 6:46 pm

Absolutely, there's no time pressure on this at all. I would rather it was well-researched than rushed. As I mentioned in the cultural protocol thread at the time, it would be good if you and Maxington (the primary player in Kazulia at the moment) could figure out something between you that makes sense of the distribution of the Nordic cultures. I'd recommend at least having a discussion to see where things sit. Just send me a forum message whenever you're ready.
jamescfm

Postby Pragma » Mon May 25, 2020 11:20 pm

Once I've finished off a bit more of the Vascania wiki page, I'll see if I can come up with something good for Vascania, considering it's a very diverse nation. Potentially on the nation's minor groups.
Currently playing in: Cildania

Image Vascanian Empire
Pragma

Postby jamescfm » Sun May 31, 2020 3:14 pm

QV/Pragma's post about the people of Hamal Pradesh is a great example of a more detailed post about an ethnic group, in comparison to the broader overviews that I had tended to focus on. Both styles are useful in my view and I continue to encourage others to send me draft posts.
jamescfm

Return to General