Administration: Updating the Cultural Protocol Index

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Administration: Updating the Cultural Protocol Index

Postby Auditorii » Tue May 26, 2020 8:50 pm

Greetings,

We are Particracy Classic Moderation. We’re writing to you because your country has an assigned Cultural Protocol. According to the Particracy Game Rules (If you haven’t seen them or read them, you can find them here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8088) a nations Cultural Protocol is required to be approved by 2/3 (Two thirds) of active players (parties) with seats in order to be proposed to Moderation for approval. Players are required to be in their nation for 15 days in order to update a currently existing protocol or 30 days for a nation that is considered Culturally Open or promote significant changes to already existing Cultural Protocol.

Do to many shifts in Moderation teams things have gotten lost in record keeping and we as the current Moderation team want to make sure we’ve got our ducks in a row. So, here we are asking for your assistance.

We are asking for everyone to take their current Cultural Protocol, which should be underneath the “Bills Under Debate” section and titled something like OOC: Cultural Protocols of Country Name, OOC: Cultural Protocol, etc. We ask that you simply copy and paste that, make changes if you wish, and have the players in your nation vote on the Cultural Protocol proposal. You can find the rules governing changes to the Cultural Protocols here:

“Section 7 - Cultural Protocols
Cultural Protocols are a set cultural background for a respective nation within the game. There are two status' that a nation may have: Culturally Protected (meaning a Cultural Protocol was approved by Moderation and the players within the respective nation) and Culturally Open (meaning that the nation has no defined culture). Cultural Protocols are enforced by Moderation and players are obligated to respect them when playing in Culturally Protected nations. A nation may determine its culture via Cultural Protocols. These Cultural Protocols defined in detail the ethnic, religious and linguistic makeup of the respective nation.

1. Cultural Protocols can be implemented or updated by players passing a bill entitled "CP: Cultural Protocols of NATION - DATE" wth the support of 2/3 (two-thirds) majority of players with seats and then post a link to the passed Cultural Protocols Approval thread located HERE;

2. Cultural Protocols that are implemented or updated will be reviewed by Moderation and left open for 48 hours for any community member to raise objection to the proposed cultural protocols. Moderation will also review the proposed cultural protocol for accuracy and continuity;

3. Moderators will approve after 48 hours and any answers to reasonable questions provided, once approved players are required to leave a copy of the cultural protocols in the "Bill under debate" section of their nation,

4. Proposals for new cultural protocols (not updated cultural protocols) must have the support (voting "yes") of one party that has been continuously active (i.e: no inactivations) within the respective nation for 15 days;

5. Updated cultural protocols should generally be reflective of RP conducted within the nation and should not significantly alter or modify the ethnic, religious or linguistic composition without considerable and reasonable role-play or other justification;
-- 5a. Constitutional titles and party names (with accompanying Latin-based translation/transliteration) are recommended to be in the language of largest ethnic group or noted lingua franca of the nation listed in the Cultural Protocols.

6. Cultural Protocols cannot directly contravene long-standing or historically significant role-play or cultural groups within a nation. Cultural Protocols are meant to enhance the cultural and role-play experience within a nation;

6. Moderation reserves the right and discretion to approve or deny any submissions for Cultural Protocol approvals;”
-- Source: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8088&p=145763#p145764

So you might be asking: “Okay, why do I have to do this?”

We’re trying to get an update to date record of Cultural Protocols and Moderation’s approval for the Cultural Protocols. Please note that when you propose the updated Cultural Protocol you will be required to post it on the forum located here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=8606

Following your posting there Moderation will leave it unapproved for 48 hours and allow people to comment on the proposed Cultural Protocol, following that 48 hour period if there are no serious issues raised, we will likely approve the Cultural Protocol.

Now some newer players or veteran players, you might be tempted to alter the Cultural Protocol to fit within your vision or idea for the nation. Please note that the during this period Moderation will be more focused on getting approval for pre-existing Cultural Protocols versus approving overhauls to pre-existing Cultural Protocols.

Cultural Protocols were implemented to protect and form a stable basis of nations, while there have been different policies and procedures, we’re working hard to make sure we have a stable basis to press forward and continue to expand PT Classic.

If you have questions please do not hesitate to ask or jump on the PT Classic Discord, you can find information here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8646

Thank you,
Moderation.

A good majority of you may have received this message, please point all your questions to this thread. If you are seeking to have your proposed Cultural Protocol approved, you can post it in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=8606
Image Dorvik | Image Zardugal | Image Ostland (FBC)
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Re: Administration: Updating CP Index and CP Approvals.

Postby Rogue » Tue May 26, 2020 9:26 pm

Honestly i dont see the added value of doing this. I would understand if none of the CP's had refferal links and it would be impossible to track which ones got approved. But most of them do indeed have a refferal link and only a few dont. Making every nation with a CP put the CP they already passed to a vote again seems like a unnecessary process. Could just have made those without a refferal link pas them again.
Playing in:

Istapali
Rogue

Postby Auditorii » Tue May 26, 2020 9:29 pm

Mr.God wrote:Honestly i dont see the added value of doing this. I would understand if none of the CP's had refferal links and it would be impossible to track which ones got approved. But most of them do indeed have a refferal link and only a few dont. Making every nation with a CP put the CP they already passed to a vote again seems like a unnecessary process. Could just have made those without a refferal link pas them again.

The general concept behind this to have nations take a look at their current Cultural Protocol, copy-paste it and have a discussion on its merits and then vote on it and provide it for Moderation's approval. It's not an easy thing and I am sure that we will have all some problems and discussions related to it but we can get people working together to make things happen.

We're keenly aware of the issues that this can present but it ultimately needs to be done.
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby Rogue » Tue May 26, 2020 9:38 pm

Auditorii wrote:
Mr.God wrote:Honestly i dont see the added value of doing this. I would understand if none of the CP's had refferal links and it would be impossible to track which ones got approved. But most of them do indeed have a refferal link and only a few dont. Making every nation with a CP put the CP they already passed to a vote again seems like a unnecessary process. Could just have made those without a refferal link pas them again.

The general concept behind this to have nations take a look at their current Cultural Protocol, copy-paste it and have a discussion on its merits and then vote on it and provide it for Moderation's approval. It's not an easy thing and I am sure that we will have all some problems and discussions related to it but we can get people working together to make things happen.

We're keenly aware of the issues that this can present but it ultimately needs to be done.

But what is the exact need? If this was such a problem why hasnt anyone complained or said something about it previously (both players and moderators). Again i dont see why it HAS to be done. This will just lead to avoidable drama and unrest for players. Again i understand if you wanted CP's without refferal links to be passed again. But those with refferal links have clearly been passed and approved in the past and i dont see the added value of passing them again.
Playing in:

Istapali
Rogue

Postby Auditorii » Tue May 26, 2020 9:43 pm

We would like to get the CP Index updated with current, approved Cultural Protocol. That is simply our mission here, we'll deal with issues as they come.
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby jamescfm » Wed May 27, 2020 6:24 pm

Mr.God wrote:But what is the exact need? If this was such a problem why hasnt anyone complained or said something about it previously (both players and moderators). Again i dont see why it HAS to be done. This will just lead to avoidable drama and unrest for players. Again i understand if you wanted CP's without refferal links to be passed again. But those with refferal links have clearly been passed and approved in the past and i dont see the added value of passing them again.

Not only is it false to say that nobody has complained about the current state of the Index, it is unbelievable that a person who has been part of Moderation for two years could think that is the case. I am glad that this Moderation team has taken these concerns seriously and think this is probably the best approach to an admittedly tricky situation. Hopefully moving forward we're able to avoid the past confusion with the Cultural Protocols Index.
jamescfm

Postby Auditorii » Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:17 pm

It appears that we have roughly 23 of 58 nations that have acquired Moderation approval.
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby moderates » Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:46 pm

moderates

Postby Auditorii » Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:04 pm

moderates wrote:http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill.php?billid=626334

This was passed

This is not the appropriate thread for it.

You can post it here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=8606
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby moderates » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:29 pm

Sorry
moderates

Next

Return to General