Increasing the scope of the Second Account Program

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Increasing the scope of the Second Account Program

Postby Rogue » Wed May 27, 2020 10:45 am

I have been seeing more players have this problem and therefor wanted to address it.
I believe the second account program is limited in what it offers to players. By design it was intended to be used to fill up empty nations and make them active. But this limits the possibilities for certain players to play the preffered style they would like to play.

For example. I personally play in Deltaria on my own. I like the RP and make the country active despite being on my own. I personally also enjoy internal political RP however and would want to play in a nation that has more parties but is not active much RP wise so that way i can have both the playstyles i like, and others have been asking for this in the past as well.

There are several solutions i think could work. Namely making your first account (the one where you are on your own) into your second account, allowing you to make a "first" account in a more player filled nation. You could also simply allow a second account in a nation with more parties if the nation in question isnt active RP wise through the forum.

I think this had to be adressed and look forward to others their opinions on it.
Playing in:

Istapali
Rogue

Re: Increasing the scope of the Second Account Program

Postby ChengherRares1 » Wed May 27, 2020 11:43 am

I agree with God
Gabriel Boțan, oldie
Home nations:
Lodamun - main
Kizenia
Rutania

Lodamun above all!
ChengherRares1

Postby Luis1p » Wed May 27, 2020 3:18 pm

I don't think it's necessary to switch your "first" accounts with your "second" accounts in order to play in another nation. I think the guidelines and limits of second accounts need to be amended or partially removed so players can play anywhere without restrictions of "full" nations. Of course, the rules will have to be edited and there'd have to be some community feedback on the edits, but I think that is easier than going back and switching people's accounts on the register to modify second accounts.
Luis1p

Postby John Cracker » Wed May 27, 2020 3:34 pm

I agree, playing in party filled nations is very interesting (I can attest to that because Likatonia has 8 parties with seats)
Interested in not responding to ridiculous accusations, namely from Jakania, and Lourania, and now Valruzia
John Cracker

Postby Auditorii » Wed May 27, 2020 3:57 pm

There really is no difference between "First" and "Second" accounts, its a term that was really adopted from the first iteration of the program. I'm not sure why people think that there is a distinction, it's just a name in reality. The approval for second accounts is largely a discussion between Vesica and I about the merits of the proposals and the player asking for the second account, the criteria we generally consider can be found here:

(1) Are there currently nations with 0 parties/Is the nation you are applying to empty?
(2) Is the country being applied for on the same continent?
(3) Is the country being applied to or the purpose of your application tied to some benefit or concept related to your primary country?
(4) Are there currently parties in the nation being applied to that are providing/generating RP?
(5) Is your primary nation a nation that might warrant increased activity causing issues for a secondary nation?

As Vesica and I discussed last night, the first is fortunately becoming less important and the others becoming more important. The last two right now being the questions we really discuss.
Image Dorvik | Image Zardugal | Image Ostland (FBC)
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby jamescfm » Wed May 27, 2020 6:11 pm

I agree in principle with the change that Mr.God is proposing. Incidentally the restriction on playing in multi-party countries is something that I have already suggested to Moderation should be removed. Based on the lack of response since that post, I am assuming that Moderation is not going to change it. Good to see that I am not the only one that shares this view though.
jamescfm

Postby colonelvesica » Wed May 27, 2020 6:18 pm

As Farsun noted above, the issue about empty or "lonely" nations is actually becoming widely irrelevant as right now as I recall we have one total empty nation.

With the bottom two being more and more important. Role Play Activity or lack there of, is one of the primary factors we look into. It's also one of the reasons why we ask for your specific plans or ideas for Role Play when you are applying to go to another nation.
The Last of his Name
colonelvesica

Return to General