“Vote for X for Security Council” Private Messages

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

“Vote for X for Security Council” Private Messages

Postby cm9777 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:27 am

-
Last edited by cm9777 on Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cm9777

Re: “Vote for X for Security Council” Private Messages

Postby Kubrick » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:28 am

Vote Vanuku for Seat B.
"see yah i think kubs is right" ~Zanz

"I’m pretty sure your buddy Kubrick was upset he couldn’t just resort to his old ways" ~Auditorii

"You can blame Polites and Kubrick for that nightmare" ~Doc
Kubrick

Postby cm9777 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:02 am

-
Last edited by cm9777 on Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cm9777

Postby Kubrick » Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:06 pm

cm9777 wrote:
Kubrick wrote:Vote Vanuku for Seat B.

Exactly like that. Why should I vote for Vanuku? What are those Vanukans planning to do? :lol:

Vote Vanuku for Seat B, or else.

"I’m pretty sure your buddy Kubrick was upset he couldn’t just resort to his old ways" ~Auditorii

Kubrick

Postby cm9777 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:11 pm

Kubrick wrote:
cm9777 wrote:
Kubrick wrote:Vote Vanuku for Seat B.

Exactly like that. Why should I vote for Vanuku? What are those Vanukans planning to do? :lol:

Vote Vanuku for Seat B, or else.

Perhaps if a certian Artanian Royal House were to be installed in Vanuku I'd consider it.
cm9777

Postby Kubrick » Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:15 pm

cm9777 wrote:Perhaps if a certian Artanian Royal House were to be installed in Vanuku I'd consider it.

Northern degeneracy will not be tolerated in Majatra. Anyways a good reason to vote for Vanuku is a lil' action in the SC, it's a tad boring right now. Let's stir some shit.

Kubrick

Postby Lucipher » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:24 pm

cm9777 wrote:While I understand the logic behind campaigning private in game messages sent en Mass to every party is something I find quite annoying and will not convince me to throw my support behind a particular nation. I simply ask if people are going to send that sort of message that they be more original and persuasive. When I see a private message notification I usually assume it’s something directly addressed to me and it seems at the moment that these things are copy pasted and sent around.

Honestly in my campaign for SC, I did my best to be engaging and original with all of them—if there was something specific about the nation, whether they were a neighbor, or voting for a permanent member, or any other unique factor, I tailored my message to them. That said, however original or nice I was it still was a copy-pasted message that I altered a bit for each nation. But with ~60 nations and multiple parties per nation, you can't really go around making individual messages. This isn't your primary school easter party—this is politics.
Currently:
Objectist Front (Scionist Fraction) (Hobrazia)
Formerly:
Vienota Kreiso/Astaritistu Koalīcija (Dolgava)
Controller of Medina in the Third World
Sameinaður Göfuga Sósíalistaflokk (Telamon)
Grey Eminence (Likatonia)
Lucipher

Postby Kubrick » Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:33 pm

Lucipher wrote:
cm9777 wrote:While I understand the logic behind campaigning private in game messages sent en Mass to every party is something I find quite annoying and will not convince me to throw my support behind a particular nation. I simply ask if people are going to send that sort of message that they be more original and persuasive. When I see a private message notification I usually assume it’s something directly addressed to me and it seems at the moment that these things are copy pasted and sent around.

Honestly in my campaign for SC, I did my best to be engaging and original with all of them—if there was something specific about the nation, whether they were a neighbor, or voting for a permanent member, or any other unique factor, I tailored my message to them. That said, however original or nice I was it still was a copy-pasted message that I altered a bit for each nation. But with ~60 nations and multiple parties per nation, you can't really go around making individual messages. This isn't your primary school easter party—this is politics.

Yeah, I did the same. Except for the nations that abstained, can't really be original there.

Kubrick

Postby Wu Han » Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:18 pm

I think an approach where players follow a format is fair in the context of securing votes for the SC, especially with players who aren't active on the forum or have abstained from voting. However, I agree that it would be nice if people took the time to try and individualize them a bit.

In general, if we could increase direct IC communication, I would enjoy it. I think players (in many instances myself included) have gone overboard with planning and controlling things through Discord and OOC messages, rather than allowing situations to emerge organically through IC actions and messages. But so be it.

Basically, would be nice if SC campaign messages weren't so formulaic, but would be even better if the formulaic messages were just one of multiple IC messages in your inbox.
(he/him)
Current: Cildania
Former: Listed Here
Wu Han

Return to General