OOC: Planning Thread for the Lourennais Revolution

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

OOC: Planning Thread for the Lourennais Revolution

Postby Luis1p » Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:28 pm

The Lourennais Revolution will be a long lasting war and temporary-nation RP that will last from 4790 to 4805. The causes of the revolution are due to the constant economic recession and downturn of the Lourennais economy that is unable to be addressed because of political gridlock in Lourenne's legislative chamber eventually causing a coup d'etat planned by General Cristophe Capélot and republican sympathizers.

Pretext: In 4772, King Herbert II, the King of Lourenne,dissolved the current session of the Royal Assembly becuase he thought that the Royal Assembly was corrupt and did not have good intentions for the future of the nation. Without a government to run the country, the Lourennais economy began to suffer.

The nation became more federalist and began to have more independent economies, however, it was not enough to rescue the economy from continuing to suffer. For a decade the economy started showing signs of growth, but collapsed once again. This has caused massive protests in the nation, forcing High Chancellor Oldunez to call a national emergency. Members of the Lourennais Government and Royal Ministers are receiving death threats.

Currently: Cristophe Capélot is beginning to rally support for his movement to change Lourenne's government effectively ending the monarchy and completely shift the nation. The nation's economy is continuing to tank and the government is still in a gridlock.

Plan:

• 4788 Capélot begins plotting a coup d'etat against the Lourennais government after he is accused of treason by the Royal Assembly.
    -Capélot, with the help of military officials and the military itself, begin the coup.
  • 4789 The coup is successful. All members of the Royal Assembly are executed inside of the chamber of the Royal Assembly. Capélot and his officials begin to create a new legislation chamber.
    -Refugees begin to flee Lourenne heading to neighboring nations. Pro-monarchist sympathizers head to Hutori and Dolgava.
    -Following the fall of the Royal Assembly, the High Chancellor and the rest of the Royal Ministers go into "hiding". They will never be seen again. The Royal Family, still at the Palace of Lights, begin plans to leave the nation, realizing it's lost. The Crown Representative, Prince Louis, Prince Philippe, and Princess Aurore leave the nation and head to Hutori. King Herbert II and Queen Consort Marie Thérese, in their attempts to also leave the nation, are taken captive by revolutionaries.
  • 4790 The Republic of Lourenne is established. With Capélot at its helm, the government begins to create bills and ways to restore the economy.
    -Meanwhile, King Herbert II and Queen Marie Thérese are executed in the Plaza of Liberation in Eroncourt.
    -Republican Government continues for four years without actually achieving anything good.
  • 4794 Capélot uses the help of the military and his buddies to seize control of the Republican Government. He proclaims himself Emperor of Lourenne.
    -The Lourennais Empire is founded.
  • 4795 Capélot announces his intentions to liberate all the Canrillaise peoples of Terra. Following this announcement, Capélot begins the Invasion of New Valois in Keymon.
    -Fighting in Keymon continues for two years.
  • 4797 Capélot pulls out all troops from Keymon. The Invasion a failure.
    -To try and reassert his power, Capélot plans and begins the invasion Kanjor
    -Fighting in Kanjor continues for three years.

invasion image

• 4800 Realizing his failure to gain ground in Kanjor, Capélot ends the invasion of Kanjor, and pulls back all forces to Lourenne, which is unhappy and already protesting.
  • 4800-4804 Fighting breaks out in Lourenne over the future of the nation. Capélot and what remains of the Royal Ground Component fight the Monarchist Resistance Army. Mini-Civil War.
  • 4805 The Monarchist Resistance Army overcomes Capélot's forces. Prince Louis VI, who left prior to the revolution, returns to Lourenne and is crowned king. The entire armed forces are purged. The Royal Assembly is reformed and elections are once again held. The nation's constitution is reformed and the nation begins to rebuild.

There are many opportunities where players can attempt to RP in the revolution should they choose. This could be anything from being involved in the refugee situation, repelling Capélot's forces in Keymon and/or Kanjor, and joining in the mini civil War in Lourenne. If anyone would like to RP something or join the RP in anyway, please post down below.
Last edited by Luis1p on Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:11 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Luis1p

Re: OOC: Planning Thread for the Lourennais Revolution

Postby Liu Che/Zhuli » Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:46 pm

If you allow it, I suppose Yingdala would Get involved, specifically to defend Kanjor’s sovereignty and trade routes to Majatra. On the civil war front, that is tricky. No meddling in internal affairs and all. Perhaps it could be justified as a punitive expedition/just war, given the sovereignty violations, in favor of the Royalists (Napoleon-wannabe be damned). All of this is pending your permission of course.
Liu Che/Zhuli

Postby robmark0000 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:52 pm

So. Some proposals.

a) If you allow, I think Endralon or 3M could help in the attack of Keymon, not with military help, but in the background (what cannot be proved after it) with money, medical and other equipment. In these days, Endralon not very love Keymon.

b) About Kanjor, well, again if you allow, 3M would send PMCs and medical equipment to help Kanjor, because they owning the 21% of the shares in the company.
Information: Player Profile here, Musical Profile here, Political Compass here.
World Congress Coordinator

"Only the Young can run. So run, and run, and run!" ~ Taylor Swift
robmark0000

Location: Hungary / Magyarország (my liberal soul is in prison here, big big sadness)

Postby Luis1p » Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:54 pm

Liu Che/Zhuli wrote:If you allow it, I suppose Yingdala would Get involved, specifically to defend Kanjor’s sovereignty and trade routes to Majatra. On the civil war front, that is tricky. No meddling in internal affairs and all. Perhaps it could be justified as a punitive expedition/just war, given the sovereignty violations, in favor of the Royalists (Napoleon-wannabe be damned). All of this is pending your permission of course.

Yeah that it totally fine! Kanjor will need as much help as it can get to defend itself. As well as trade routes, because the plan is for Capelot to send two entire fleets to Kanjor. As per the civil war, it is tricky given what nations decide to "join up". But yes, in this case, Capélot is the "bad guy" in this scenario, so anything to make the Royalist Force's win much more "credible" would be totally fine w/ me.
Last edited by Luis1p on Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Luis1p

Postby Luis1p » Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:59 pm

robmark0000 wrote:So. Some proposals.

a) If you allow, I think Endralon or 3M could help in the attack of Keymon, not with military help, but in the background (what cannot be proved after it) with money, medical and other equipment. In these days, Endralon not very love Keymon.

b) About Kanjor, well, again if you allow, 3M would send PMCs and medical equipment to help Kanjor, because they owning the 21% of the shares in the company.

I probably think Proposal B would work well. Currently, you aren't really in good standing with Keymon, and since 3M has major operations in Kanjor, I think that would work well!
Luis1p

Postby alaskancrabpuffs21 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:17 pm

Do remember that Kanjor is Communist, I will be making more posts repressing my people, so if you still want to support me I welcome that, but be warned, I am not going to be the "good guy" so to speak. I will act similar to the USSR in terms of human rights.

Also Dolgavia would gladly help our ally Keymon in the war to defend Keymon, of course, Yolo would have to agree to this, he might want to take him on by himself which is fine, however my offer still stands to help Keymon!
"Alaskan"
Dolgovas konservatīvā partija (Dolgava) info
Also in Hanzen
My RP: Dolgava

Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning - Erwin Rommel
alaskancrabpuffs21

Postby ChitinKal » Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:59 pm

Given Liore's support for global communism, I'd like to (With your and Alaskancrabpuffs' permission ofc) send a Liori expeditionary force from the People's Revolutionary Vanguard of around 10,000 men to support the defense of Kanjor. Obviously, Liore isn't that developed economically or militarily, so the force would be one of token strength, but I'd like to get the opportunity to give my troops some experience and get in on some interesting rp.
RP Controller of Liore
Fronto de Aŭgustana Vekiĝo (Zardugal) (Inactive) link
Mare Unitu (Keymon) (Inactive) link
Ár Náisiún (Kirlawa) (Inactive) link
National Conservative Party (Kalistan) (Inactive) link
ChitinKal

Postby Luis1p » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:07 pm

ChitinKal wrote:Given Liore's support for global communism, I'd like to (With your and Alaskancrabpuffs' permission ofc) send a Liori expeditionary force from the People's Revolutionary Vanguard of around 10,000 men to support the defense of Kanjor. Obviously, Liore isn't that developed economically or militarily, so the force would be one of token strength, but I'd like to get the opportunity to give my troops some experience and get in on some interesting rp.

Sure! That's fine on my part.

Just as a heads up to everyone, almost all of the Lourennais Armed Forces will be destroyed in the invasion of Kanjor. I'm thinking on sending almost 250,000 troops. However, these troops are demoralized, tired, and are unsure about supporting Capélot in the first place. So despite the big number, it should be no major problem defeating them.
Luis1p

Postby Pragma » Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:07 pm

Vascania, as a friend of Keymon and an importer of Keymonese goods, would love to get involved and maybe get an excuse to use its aircraft carrier and fleet of destroyers menacingly. Potentially we could be part of why Capélot pulls out of Keymon, because the Vascanian fleet arrives and helps out. Maybe the aircraft carrier can sink something.

Could help swing the balance in the theatre. Kanjor we'd be less worried about but we could get involved out of distinctive Vascanian-brand spite if you so wish lol
Currently playing in: Cildania

Image Vascanian Empire
Pragma

Postby Luis1p » Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:08 am

QV73 wrote:Vascania, as a friend of Keymon and an importer of Keymonese goods, would love to get involved and maybe get an excuse to use its aircraft carrier and fleet of destroyers menacingly. Potentially we could be part of why Capélot pulls out of Keymon, because the Vascanian fleet arrives and helps out. Maybe the aircraft carrier can sink something.

Could help swing the balance in the theatre. Kanjor we'd be less worried about but we could get involved out of distinctive Vascanian-brand spite if you so wish lol

I think that's a good idea! Although I will say, I have received PMs over how Keymon will be defended, I don't know if Yolo will want to defend Keymon himself, or if he will call for aid. I'll get back to this once I know how things will play out!
Luis1p

Next

Return to General