The Pub (Compliments, Feedback, Discussion)

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Re: The Pub (Compliments, Feedback, Discussion)

Postby Aquinas » Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:36 pm

jrandle8 wrote:@Chitin plays in the worst country ever (Liore) and it should just join the Yingdalan empire, but the dude is interesting. His rp is by far among the best. Also, FYI (and TMI) he got a nice voice, just saying. No homo tho.

This left me feeling a little uncomfortable.
Aquinas

Postby jellybean » Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:55 pm

I want to say thank you to Edmund and Horrell for reinvigorating Luthori's international RP. It's wonderful seeing Luthori's news thread light up!
jellybean

Postby Independent P » Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:25 pm

Gotta give a huge compliment to @wlievens for not pulling the plug on this game yet.
Independent P

Postby wimpwampwomp » Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:57 pm

Every part of this article image by edmund is sufficiently annoying, and thus perfect.
wimpwampwomp

Postby Luis1p » Mon May 13, 2024 2:25 pm

Just wanted to hop on here and potentially get this thing going again. Regardless, I'd like to take some time to thank everyone who is currently part of the community and actively taking part in improving our laggy game here.

First, I want to shout out the current mod team @Greek, @ James, @Nick, who are very busy IRL, yet are still coming on to help with requests despite having absolute silence from game ownership. Specifically, I'd like to shoutout Nick who is doing great with learning the moderation role and helping with these requests!

Second, I'd like to give thanks to our RPers and community members. The game goes through its hyperactive moments and moments when there's absolute silence. it is our daily RPers and active members who can give this game its activity and inspire players to keep going. Shout out to @Brad @Aethan @Svet @Weim @Rogue @Imperial @Drax @Nile @Hexaus @liu @Mbites @Danny @Alaskan @Pragma @Lig @Itam @kub @Hyr @Baltusian/Kundrati players. My thanks are not limited to these players, but to all who continue to engage with the game and with the community. It has been a pleasure to see you all play and grow throughout the months. I am excited to see what you create in the next few months. Cheers to you all!

Third, I'd like to thank some of our veteran players, who may not always be active on the forums, but help out with the community through feedback and advice to newer players, thanks to @Zanz @Doc @Hepburn @Kubs. These guys really help out with the direction of the game and for helping make some sense of some of the older parts of the game. Thanks to you guys for sticking out and being great resources and voices of reason to all.

Finally, one big thanks and shout out to @Greek who has truly helped me expand in my roles as mod and as a fellow RPer. This yeudi bastard has been a really great person to work with both on the mod team and as a player. He exemplifies what a true admin should be: fair, communicative, adaptive, friendly, and honest. I raise my glass to Greek for the months of RP and Mod-work that we've done. Thanks, again.
Luis1p

Postby Mbites » Wed May 15, 2024 8:04 pm

Thanks Teach. Jokes aside: I'll just follow up here with a few thanks of my own.

@Dannypk for his underappreciated RP in Selucia, I personally love the whole modern roman dictatorship/republic thing. Also never forget the thaller revolution of 2020.

@Brad @Lig for their amazing posts and absolute care they handle Luthori with, you're really deserving of praise for still holding this god damn empire together, cheers to ya.

@Svet for just being a blast to play with no matter how weird the idea.

@Zanz @Hepburn for just being around honestly, you guys are fun to talk to and I very much appreciate any chance I get to banter with you or share random thoughts even if its politics :P

@Nile for being an awesome minion.

@Nick for even if short, the few things we did until now were nice to plan with ya, and I hope it continues cheers to dundorfian wholesomeness!

@Hex for being a shady dictator in Badara.

@Rogue for his passion he exudes, honestly, I could never play this game this long and still be this active, kudos.

@Louis for being an absolute good chap and great moderator/rpc lead and of course continous quality posting.

@Greek for immediately approaching and interacting with me which invigorated my lust for this game a lot, it's been epic to rp these stories and arcs with you and I hope it'll continue. I'm having lots of fun :D
"It looked like a silly semi-cliquey thing between a few players to me. Following around a troll called Mbites like he was some sort of god... which wouldn't have mattered so much in the scale of things, except one of them was a Mod."
Mbites

Postby hyraemous » Wed May 15, 2024 9:16 pm

I'm going to be honest. Way too honest.

For most of the time I spent in this game, I was in the homeless shelter system. That time, from September 2022 to February 2024, was a time of unprecedented depression from my end. This game, and other projects that I work on, really helped me to distract myself from the brutal realities of being in a homeless shelter, spending time with others that in better circumstances you would never know.

This entire community has been helpful in many ways to give me strength to survive to the next day, and has also helped me pass a ton of time that would otherwise be spent bemoaning and wallowing in that reality.

Greek, myungdae, journey, Brad and Lig, Zanz, Nick, Hex, Louis, and a ton of others: seriously thank you for being there. None of you knew about the predicament that I was in the majority of the time I was playing this game. I did not want undue pity which was why I didn't say that I was homeless. Even then, you all are a wonderful place to be even in your most exhausting hours, you all are very friendly and a diamond in the rough. No words I can say can express how fortunate I feel in this community.

I left this community not because of anyone.

Unfortunately, within the last 2 weeks I've been going through a family tragedy on my own. This is the reason of the sabbatical that I've been taking. My mother was in the hospital for that amount of time suffering from a lot.

She has not made it. Yesterday morning, she passed.

I guess this has become a long winded semi retirement announcement. I can't help it to be honest. But I trust you all as a wonderful place that you would take it and be understanding. That is how grateful I am for this place.

So thank you.

Thank you all.
hyraemous

Postby Rogue » Wed May 15, 2024 9:26 pm

hyraemous wrote:I'm going to be honest. Way too honest.

For most of the time I spent in this game, I was in the homeless shelter system. That time, from September 2022 to February 2024, was a time of unprecedented depression from my end. This game, and other projects that I work on, really helped me to distract myself from the brutal realities of being in a homeless shelter, spending time with others that in better circumstances you would never know.

This entire community has been helpful in many ways to give me strength to survive to the next day, and has also helped me pass a ton of time that would otherwise be spent bemoaning and wallowing in that reality.

Greek, myungdae, journey, Brad and Lig, Zanz, Nick, Hex, Louis, and a ton of others: seriously thank you for being there. None of you knew about the predicament that I was in the majority of the time I was playing this game. I did not want undue pity which was why I didn't say that I was homeless. Even then, you all are a wonderful place to be even in your most exhausting hours, you all are very friendly and a diamond in the rough. No words I can say can express how fortunate I feel in this community.

I left this community not because of anyone.

Unfortunately, within the last 2 weeks I've been going through a family tragedy on my own. This is the reason of the sabbatical that I've been taking. My mother was in the hospital for that amount of time suffering from a lot.

She has not made it. Yesterday morning, she passed.

I guess this has become a long winded semi retirement announcement. I can't help it to be honest. But I trust you all as a wonderful place that you would take it and be understanding. That is how grateful I am for this place.

So thank you.

Thank you all.

As i noted in the discord, we love you Hyr. Just know you never have a obligation to say anything or have to feel obligated to do so. But you can always come to me or one of the other amazing people in this community if you need a talk or just want to vent. Were here for you. Seriously.

It saddens me to hear that you have been through such a difficult time (and still are) but i think i speak for everyone that your RP has been up there in terms of quality and that its always a pleasure to play with you. I might be a pain in the ass, messaging you consistently if i dont get a response since im so excited for an rp, but i hope you have always felt the appreciation i and all of us feel for your RP and committment to especially Kundrati. Were here if you need us to, take all the time you need. But just know that when you do get back to your PT home, its the PT family that will give you a soft landing and make you feel at home once more.
Playing in:

Istapali
Rogue

Postby BananaZebra » Wed May 15, 2024 9:28 pm

Alright, my turn haha.

@Greek, @Louis, first and foremost: thank y’all so much. From 2016 - present I’ve played the game on and off, usually leaving due to lack of RP and lack of inclusion/collaboration in the community. This time felt truly different, with both of y’all reaching out in Badara and helping me to seamlessly use existing RP to amplify my plans and create new ones.

I have fallen in love with Badara and the RP there, and that is thanks in large part to y’all - before and after Greek became moderator. Which is the second point on that, this time felt different because moderation and the community at large are much different that 8 years ago. Thank you for tirelessly working these last few months to make this community even better.

@Hyr, thank you for the fun (and not so fun) times from the Civil War to your departure from Kundrati. The Civil War RP with you was a blast, and even your betrayal was fun to watch. I’ve had fun interacting and talking these past few months, and you really do add to this game and this community immensely - your additions are not unappreciated, and I want to say you’re also a big reason I’ve stuck around this long, the longest since I played in Dundorf with Hepburn.

Though I hope to see you active again, absolutely take the time you need. Just know your absence is felt, and it was a joy to interact with you as well.

Speaking of @Hepburn, thank you for the times in Dundorf! One of my most enjoyable pre-Badara runs to be sure. RPing with you was always fun, and super in depth and immersive. And for peppering little trivia tidbits into almost every conversation. Your RP may be sporadic - but quality over quantity! All of it is very fun to read, and quite in depth.

@Zanz, thanks for also contributing to my renewed experience in Badara, you reaching out was the first domino that led to all of the RP in Badara currently, and helped me to solidify my goals and visions for my RP and for Badara.

@Mbites, thanks for making PT Noire possible as it was probably my favorite I’ve ever done haha. The corruption/crime arcs with you are very fun to make for someone who usually avoids those kind of things - it’s allowed me to branch out from my usual “Perfect Politics” brand to be more realistic and dynamic.

@James, thanks for tirelessly working to improve cultural protocols, and to help others with RP questions. RPing with you is a blast, and I’ve enjoyed our times together in other nations.

@Zhdanov, thanks for all you do to foster and support RP and help players new and old. I enjoyed our times in Deltaria, even if we were on opposite sides of the aisle haha, glad to see you back there.

@Svet, @Weim, @Journey, @HopesFor, thank y’all for being dedicated RPers and helping add some more flavor to the game, even if I don’t follow all of the arcs closely - too focused on my corner of the world, but what I do read is interesting and good RP.

As silly as it is, this game and this community of people has meant a lot to me since I came back in November. Having something to look forward to doing most every day helped get me out of a lot of slumps and at least got me to do something I enjoyed.
Hizb al-Ishtiraki al-Dimuqrati (Badara)
Uniós Párt | Partidul Unirii (New Endralon and Kizenia)
BananaZebra

Postby Rogue » Wed May 15, 2024 9:42 pm

I would also like to thank some people, as tho i know i can be a pain in the ass sometimes, i do really appreciate that we have a active roster of players now that do all kinds of different RP's that i enjoy reading.

@Mbites we dont talk often, but if we do you are always able to interact with an idea and expand on it in such a creative way. Its cool to just talk to you and see those idea's flow, excited for whats to come

@Louis lets be honest, our relationship has been bumpy along the ride hahaha, but i do really appreciate the sheer DETAIL of your RP, the graphics, the text and the interaction you manage to get with a wide variety of players/countries is something i can only be jealous of and have mad respect for. I think you are an example to the community and the people in it. On top of that being a moderator, kudos

@Greek For always listening, just someone that can always listen to you and actually make you feel heard. Im sure im not the only one with that experience and you are just a great human being. Kudos for keeping the game alive in turbulent times. Even as you take a more backseat approach i dont know what we would do without you right now.

@Zhdanov Honestly i can say i really consider you a friend. Weve been through a lot in Deltaria and you always come up with interesting ideas. Your pragmatic approach on stuff and generally positive attitude always lifts me up. We have a lot of history together and when i first departed Deltaria i didnt feel bad at all, i knew it was/is in the hands of a amazingly capable RPer.

@Hyraemous all of the message i send to you above. You rock, we are here for you

@Hepburn For being the oracle when it comes to New Verham, keeping me on track there and listening to my endless theories on what i could do (while keeping my feet on the ground hahah). Truly amazing and you are one of those RPers that can really create a story around a party, character or country.

@therest If i didnt mention you, it doesnt mean i dont appreciate you. We have such a great pool of RPers at the moment that it would take a full day to list them all and their accomplishments. I hope we can keep this game alive indefenitly, that we continue to respect eachother and our styles and that we keep these good spirits up!
Playing in:

Istapali
Rogue

Previous

Return to General