The Third World: In Need of Change

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Re: The Third World: In Need of Change

Postby Rogue » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:48 am

I agree with the compromise given by Aquinas. And i think we can compromise further. What if we put such a time limit in place but also put in a requirement for the nation thats attacked to be controlled by a different player? This lowers the posibility for abuse even more and allows GOOD military RP to come out of such situations.
Playing in:

Istapali
Rogue

Postby jamescfm » Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:16 pm

When the two countries involved in the conflict are controlled by different players, the opportunity for abuse of the system is reduced and I think it would be far more likely that we would approve a role-play scenario which involved the invasion or occupation of a "Third World" country by an ordinary playable country. Introducing some kind of time limit on the period of control might be another way that we could permit this kind of role-play while keeping the spirit of the current rules.

I'll talk to Auditorii about this and we'll get back to you in the coming days with an update.
jamescfm

Postby Rogue » Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:09 pm

Any update on this?
Playing in:

Istapali
Rogue

Postby jamescfm » Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:55 pm

Not at the moment unfortunately. As I mentioned elsewhere Auditorii and I have both had limited time for the game in the past few days. Apologies for the delay but we will try to get back to you soon.
jamescfm

Postby Rogue » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:21 am

Still none?
Playing in:

Istapali
Rogue

Postby jamescfm » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:43 am

Sorry for the delay here, not sure why I didn't respond at the time. The position of the game has changed somewhat since we had this discussion and I think it has become clear that we should be encouraging role-play wherever possible even if that means potentially loosening some of the restrictions we have previously imposed on players for reasons of balancing the relations between countries. Without wanting to commit to any particular case, I think we would be more open to considering conflicts of the kind that were discussed here now (provided they included the restrictions and commitments mentioned).
jamescfm

Previous

Return to General