Temporary third accounts to encourage RP

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Temporary third accounts to encourage RP

Postby moderates » Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:34 pm

I just made this to ask mods to consider allowing temporary "third accounts", which would only be allowed in empty nations, in order to encourage RP there and to encourage new players to stay there/join that nation, as they are probably more likely to if they know there's an active RPer there.. You could put a time limit of 1/2 months or something on these accounts to make sure nobody is cheating the system.
moderates

Re: Temporary third accounts to encourage RP

Postby Drax » Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:36 pm

Appreciate you setting this up. Certainly think it might be way to address real problem of empty nations.
Neue Dundorfische Zentrumspartei (NDZP), Dundorf, Active
Deltarianska Narodna Strana (DNS), Deltaria, Active
Dedicated to the proposition.
Drax

Postby Masionette9 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:31 pm

I would advise against creating policy on "temporary third accounts" as they will not support role-play in any way, even the slightest. What else, I would like Moderation to pay more attention to the already questionable policy on the second account which is dramatically abused and used in a way that is not compatible with Game Rules. We have to accept that this game has a relatively narrow circle of supporters and fans and will always suffer from a shortage of players but should not be "cured" by the creation of new accounts by one player... Let's admit that Moderation is not able to analyze the smallest, single cases of RP where the rules of second account play are violated.

Additionally, I am of the opinion that players who surprisingly often decide to set up second accounts are relatively new to the game and there is no opportunity to thoroughly evaluate their RP and their ability to create sustainable and logical RP and therefore I am ready to risk a statement, that instead of a "boost" (here's my surprise and the question of how a momentary game on the third account will bring measurable positive effects) leads to worsening the game and "flooding" the news threads forum with unorganized, often biased, illogical and to put it simple "stupid" RP pieces.
Party of National Coalition (Valruzia) - active
Kalistan Democratic Party (Kalistan) - inactive
Masionette9

Postby jamescfm » Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:03 pm

Thanks for sharing the idea but this is not something that we are ever likely to consider.

Although the second accounts scheme can be extremely beneficial to role-play there are significant challenges brought by it, particularly the need for Moderation to pay close attention to these accounts and the potential for the abuse of the system. Enabling players to operate third accounts increases these risks even further (a player with three accounts would be active in 5% of the game's playable countries, for example).

With that said we reject the notion that the second accounts system is "dramatically abused and used in a way that is not compatible with Game Rules". No evidence is provided for this incredibly bold claim in the above post and I would urge any player who feels this way to bring this information to Moderation attention.
jamescfm

Return to General